Log files? (|Yes, please.|)

Swipe
Housecat

Log files? (|Yes, please.|)

Post by Swipe »

Here is a handy-dandy little tool that can record the logs of what happens during your FFXI time. Good for reviewing combat data, or just to simply remember what somone once said.

Hereyou can find the tool. It's pretty nice too. Export to XML for easy sorting, or HTML if you want to look at it in a mess... either way, worth investigating in my opinion.

Cheers! :D

—Swipe
[size=92]~ Swipe ~ World of Midgardsormr ~ Rank 5 in the legions of Windurst ~[/size]
[img]http://www.crystalrecipies.com/qd/Badgercub/New_swipe_sig.jpg[/img]
Swipe
Housecat

Post by Swipe »

Oh.. one last thing... I -have- tested this tool and can verify with 100% certainty it does not have a keylogger program built into it.. (so.. no password stealing going on here.)

How can I be so certain?
eh.. just reverse engineer the program yourself if you don't believe me :)
During the use of this tool, no outbound or inbound connections were made whatsoever.. so.. just a fyi, for those worried kitties out there (and rightly so!)

—Swipe
[size=92]~ Swipe ~ World of Midgardsormr ~ Rank 5 in the legions of Windurst ~[/size]
[img]http://www.crystalrecipies.com/qd/Badgercub/New_swipe_sig.jpg[/img]
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Oh that's programmed by Spyle, the guy who's programmed other FFXI tools. Yeah, he doesn't put in keyloggers or crap. However, someone snagged one of his programs, inserted a keylogger, and pretended to be nice by "mirroring" it or something. :x I know of at least one person who posted on Alla that their stuff was lost through the keylogger.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Just another reason to NOT use "utilities" such as that.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

There seems to be a lots of account stealing going on of late. I don't know what is causing it however, but my guess is 3rd party apps.
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Unless you type in your Playonline ID along with your password theres not much anyone can do to your account...

Of course either way its never nice to actually be keylogged. :(
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Neoshinobi wrote:Unless you type in your Playonline ID along with your password theres not much anyone can do to your account...

Doesn't the game require you to do so once a month to review your charges?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Prrsha wrote:
Neoshinobi wrote:Unless you type in your Playonline ID along with your password theres not much anyone can do to your account...

Doesn't the game require you to do so once a month to review your charges?
thats different, what SE makes you do on their offical game is to protect your personal information and billing info from hackers,

what keyloggers and such do is you enter your personal info, ID and password, and the person using that hack program now has access to your accoutn and can log in freely and lock you out of it.

EX

Im a big hacker who wants to get your account to sell on IGE, i create a fake playonline keylogger in the log program mentioned above, i ask you to enter your POL ID and password or you cannot log the text windows, in doing so you've now sent me your id and password via email or hacking device and i can lock you out and sell the account on IGE

Prrsha i wont do that for real, i have no desire to, but thats what keylogging does. its not nice.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Keyloggers basically log every key you punch in...So if you have your password saved and don't need to enter it your pretty much fine.

Also as for the reviewing charges, you don't have to do that.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

also true Neo, but the majority of all keyloggers will basically end up making you put your account name and password in
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

hehe and all i need to log my ffxi time is a VCR.

gotta love simplicity. ^_^
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Kahvi wrote:hehe and all i need to log my ffxi time is a VCR.

Ever play a game on your TV and record it? :shock:

Its really cool to record a game and just keep watching it. :twisted:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Neoshinobi wrote:
Kahvi wrote:hehe and all i need to log my ffxi time is a VCR.

Ever play a game on your TV and record it? :shock:

Its really cool to record a game and just keep watching it. :twisted:

im gonna do that for my AF hunts minus razor axe
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

my TV has the VCR in it...
i bought it a few yrs back when a $30 Best Buy gift card screwed up and turned into a $569 gift card :P...
but i constantly record my gaming...
esp. the endings of really hard to beat games...

ie. Jade Cocoon 2
final boss took me an hour ana half because i wiped out the other guys offensive an his healers could restore their hp to full as well as mp to full... this guy had no way of attacking me... til FINALLY i killed his center healer so... i started recording then... like heck am i gonna do that again... tho now i may have a better chance
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Ephi wrote:my TV has the VCR in it...
i bought it a few yrs back when a $30 Best Buy gift card screwed up and turned into a $569 gift card :P...
but i constantly record my gaming...
esp. the endings of really hard to beat games...

ie. Jade Cocoon 2
final boss took me an hour ana half because i wiped out the other guys offensive an his healers could restore their hp to full as well as mp to full... this guy had no way of attacking me... til FINALLY i killed his center healer so... i started recording then... like heck am i gonna do that again... tho now i may have a better chance
My PC has a TV out hooked into a VCR, so I can record my games too
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:also true Neo, but the majority of all keyloggers will basically end up making you put your account name and password in
There is a simple fix for that. Whenever you run into a system for FFXI that is not made by SE, first you test it by putting in a fake ID and password.

EX
PlayOnline ID: ICDEDPPL
password: slappy

If it lets you in, it could be a fake and you should just go along your happy way, if it says that ID and stuff doesnt exist, it's most likely fine.
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Log files? (|Yes, please.|)

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо