Promy Tank Question

Dukuji
Mad Cat

Promy Tank Question

Post by Dukuji »

:?: This one is simple. Someday I'll do the promy missions and I am able to go as a War/Nin or Nin/War. Which of those two job combos would be best for the Promy missions to the shattered crystal at the crags? (I have two sets of level 30 armor and would like to sell one off.)
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Jhes
Kitten

Post by Jhes »

The typical pt ive seen is

whm/blm
blm/whm
smn/whm
war/nin
rng/nin
rng/nin

This seems to be the standard setup for a promy mission (the ones ive been on anyways.)
[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

I'd suggest war/nin rather than nin/war simply because the nin/war 2 hour isn't going to do you a whole lot of good in this fight. Besides, Double Attack with 2 weapons keeps the monsters interested in you... and free of charge, too :D

Just be sure to bring eye drops with you to Promyvion-Holla... and... remember to use them :oops: ... unlike what I did when I went :cry:

That is, along with the Holy Water, Poison Potions, and Anima you'll need too :roll:
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

well, since the latest patch, It doesn't really matter much anymore. One person in my (other) LS was tank as a mnk/war, they beat it too.
Last edited by Lihera on Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

WAR/NIN is better than NIN/WAR in Promy, and I'm not saying that because I'm a WAR. :D

WAR/NIN and NIN/WAR both have Utsusemi: Ichi only. In Promyvion, there are things that love to strip your shadows and do mean AoEs, which means you will be eating some direct physical hits. Which class has the higher defense? WAR.

That being said, ANY JOB CAN DO PROMYVION. Sorry for caps, but that can't be emphasized enough. It would be safer to take your WAR/NIN (and its more-useful-in-this-situation 2-hour). I'd suggest wearing the Eisen gear and maybe one piece of shade gear, which has a chance of intimidating the enemy and stopping an attack.

Most importantly: Don't forget your anima! And in Promy-Holla, bring Holy Water and Poison potion to counter the mean AoE status effect attack (which can be blocked by anima, but you never know...anima could wear and it could squeeze in one of these attacks). Echo Drops are good as well, for all Promys.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

This was Ultimate Warrior's Promyvion Dem PT Line up, the Final One for our thrid successful run, the 2 taru mages were hired.

Paladin/Ninja = Delata, my "Big Brother" DD
Paladin/Warrior = Moroni, Friend of Delata's
Warrior/Ninja = Karou, Me, The Goofy Baby sister of the LS
Ranger/Ninja = Kiva, My "Big Sister" and Delata's Fiancee
Summoner/Black Mage = Moron Tarutaru A, pulled more aggro then all of us
White Mage/Black Mage = Dont remember her name, but she was great ^^

we won.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

:? What the heck? I mean, you won, but what's the logic behind that job combo? No voke or a THF for SATA hate, so obviously not a tank...and you put "DD" but how in the world can a PLD/NIN be a DD? Those elemental NIN tools are NOT that strong, and PLDs, even when dual-weilding swords at lv. 30, are not exactly DDs. :? You have some explaining to do.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sivara wrote:
...and you put "DD" but how in the world can a PLD/NIN be a DD? Those elemental NIN tools are NOT that strong, and PLDs, even when dual-weilding swords at lv. 30, are not exactly DDs....
PLD + STR / Attack gear & food + Greatsword can do respectable damage. Still not a real DD though, just respectable.

I hope to learn something new here.....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

YOu are correct. The problem was w/ 2 pld/war it was a major problem, so here is what we did, he was the back tank, he cured and healed but did wicked damage with his ninjutsu, its not what he NORMALLY does, but it was for promy only.

No his DD wasnt _THAT_ effective, but compared to me, war/nin, he could backup tank and take the hits better then me w/o utesumi, and he did use a few tools of his to pull hate ^^

also Tsybil i typoed i meant DD/Back UP TANK Sorry for the confusion

my apoligies
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Promy Tank Question

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт