Summon Avatar fights, prime and otherwise

Jhes
Kitten

Summon Avatar fights, prime and otherwise

Post by Jhes »

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew of a site with a faq pertaining to the avatar fights themselves, like where to go and what npcs to talk to for the ffights at 20, as well as the main fights at the 60+ range. I'm leveling summoner and i was thinking of taking my whm thru the prime fights and collect the avatars that way, but i need to know the fame levels/locations of where i need to go to get the needed quests/tuning forks..whatever it is i need to start.
[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Poge
Tomcat

Post by Poge »

I personally don't like the stategy that guide uses. It's a lot harder to use Searing Light three times than they make it sound and some of the avatars will use Astral Flow abilities themselves, instantly killing Carby. I prefer the following stategy:

Items needed:
Yagudo Drink x2
Ether x2
High-Ether
High-Potion x4
Boiled Crab
*this will cost about 15k but you probably won't use every item

Equipment:
Hermit's Wand
Armor with high defense and elemental bonuses

Strategy:
1) Run just past the bend, summon Carby and use a Yag Drink.

2) Slowly inch closer to the avatar while spamming your Assault macro. When Carby engages run away.

3) Once Carby dies, resummon and wait for the avatar. Do NOT use Assault, it will give you hate and Carby will automatically engage anyway.

4) Wait till Carby hits the avatar then run away again (past the avatar if necesary). You may get hit before the avatar turns to Carby. Let Carby hit it once or twice more then run away. Don't heal yourself until you're far away from the avatar so you take as little hate as possible.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until your Yag Drink wears off. By then the avatar should be down to about 2/3 health.

6) Use your second Yag Drink and wait till you have to summon Carby again. When the fresh Carby engages use Astral Flow.

7) Wait a second before you use Searing Light because the avatar will turn to you and Carby could miss if it moves out of range.

8 ) Stand there until Carby hits with Searing Light then run away. Use an Ether or High-Ether (depending on your current mp, you need 44 for Searing Light) wait till Carby dies and resummon.

9) Repeat steps 7 and 8. The second Searing Light should kill the avatar. If it doesn't it will only have a sliver of health left; use the rest of your ethers and go back to steps 3 and 4.

Tips:
-If you're about to die and the avatar is really low on health cast Dia and don't go to your home point right away. If the avatar falls to the ground from the Dia, even if you're already KO'd, you'll still win the fight.
-Make sure you don't have a scroll of Instant Warp in your mog. When you win a fight you'll be standing outside the protocrystal. Normally you'll be given a scroll but they're rare/ex. If you already have one in your mog you'll be stuck there and will have to blood port home.
-If you're summoning skill is not at 63 or higher, you're not ready for an avatar fight. (63 is the cap at level 20).
-Fight the avatars on the day they're weak or on Lightday when Carby is strong.

If you lose the fight it's gonna be for one of two reasons: you couldn't summon Carby quickly enough and you kept getting interupted or you missed a Searing Light or one got partially resisted (avatar takes 130ish damage instead of 210). You have the Hermit's Wand to hopefully prevent the first one from happening and this strategy is designed as a failsafe for the second.

With this strategy I'm 3-0 (Garuda, Leviathan, Ifrit)
With the 3 Searing Light strategy I'm 3-5 (Shiva, Ramuh, Titan)
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Jhes
Kitten

Post by Jhes »

thank you both for that info, much appreciated. ^^
[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Summon Avatar fights, prime and otherwise

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт