Marriage

Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Well, considering this is a game... you should do what you feel will help you have the most fun. If you enjoy being with this person, then maybe marriage will give you an extra excuse to do that. If you haven't really been around him more than just receiving things from him or just being LS mates, that's not really enough to base a marriage off of. True, you get an idea of what they're like through the LS, but being around them is still a different thing. If you're many levels apart, there's a good chance you won't get to play alongside him until one of you compromises, and that can be damaging to a relationship, unless you have another way to meet besides leveling/questing or are just ok with it.

The main thing is that sometimes it's easy for 2 people to have fun together and sometimes it can be difficult, but marriage will make it where you have to consider your other half when deciding what you're going to do for fun on any given day you log in.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

but... there r also other guys i like... but... i no in rl i wanna stay single... am i bein like this in the game too? i wanna get married but dont no if i can find the right guy... if im debating this heavily i guess it isnt him... but still...
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I think I take mariage more seriously than most. IRL too it seems.

Like is not a good enough reason. Love is. If there are other guys you like as much, you are not ready. Spend time with your marrage prospects, hang out with them, go hunting with them, maybe even try electronic necking.

If thoughts of him follow you IRL, if he invades your dreams, then emotionaly, from your side, you could easily be ready to marry him. This does not make him available nor suitable.

Remember, whether power gamer or role player, emotions generated in game have a way of following us into RL.

While I have a wonderful boy friend and a sweet girl friend in game, and love them both dearly, marrage is not yet for me. I can be in love with several people at once and will not close my options with marrage vows.

As my dreams of that white picket fence and kittens in the yard seem imposible I will probably remain attached but unmarried for a long time.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Tsybil wrote:While I have a wonderful boy friend and a sweet girl friend in game, and love them both dearly, marrage is not yet for me. I can be in love with several people at once and will not close my options with marrage vows.

As my dreams of that white picket fence and kittens in the yard seem imposible I will probably remain attached but unmarried for a long time.
Probably one of the more selfish ways to look at love/marriage. Not sure I can agree that is taking it seriously. While you're remaining minimally accessible, you're stringing other people along to wait for you to come to the conclusion that apparently nothing is "good enough". Relationships are about two people, not one or three. If you feel you're closing your options by committing to one person, not only are you unprepared for marriage, but also unprepared for a serious relationship.
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

well... if i do... get in a relationship... i wanna keep it STRICTLY ingame
dunno if thats really possible... i really just wanna do it cuz marriage ingame sounds fun an i dont have to get into reality where i DONT wanna relationship... did i mention this guy is Norwegian an that chances of us really meeting r slim to none... and i got my lil bro to tell him that if relationship is started that it stays ingame...well ill stop talkin bout him for now...
OH LOOK!! A CHICKEN!! :lol: :lol:
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Josiejo wrote:Probably one of the more selfish ways to look at love/marriage. Not sure I can agree that is taking it seriously. While you're remaining minimally accessible, you're stringing other people along to wait for you to come to the conclusion that apparently nothing is "good enough". Relationships are about two people, not one or three. If you feel you're closing your options by committing to one person, not only are you unprepared for marriage, but also unprepared for a serious relationship.
Not at all. As I am not ready to commit to only one person, I will not even pretend I can do that.

I do take marrage quite seriously, and relationships too. Marage is about two people, true. As long as my heart is open to more, I will not marry. I am not waiting for something better, just aware that other loves may come my way. My boy friend understands this. We have an open relationship that he takes more advantage of than I. He is free to leave, and even marry without losing my love. My girl friend is in a sexual expermentation phase that some probably call slutty. She falls in love with someone new every week or so. I cheer her sucesses and hold her, kissing away the tears, when she gets her heart broken again.

Unselfish and nonposessive love seems to be almost unknown today, even as a concept. I wish only happness for those I love. Should they find joy with another, it pleases me. If they are happier with someone else, I will kiss them goodbye, wish them the best, and still love them. Then I will gripe that I never get to give the groom or bride away at the ceromony.

In good ol' "This is a Christian nation" America relationships are suposed to be only about two people, but the world is bigger than that. Many have relationships of three, four, and even more. Others have relationships that are one on one, and rock solid, but open to casual sexual encounters. In other cultures, marrage is often about more than one person. I sugest you read Robert Heinline (probably misspelled) who's SF books, even his juveniles, often depict different forms of marage than are used today.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

When considering traditional forms of marriage, whether monogamous or polygamous, I believe marriage has the primary goal of creating an environment to raise a family. It creates a structure in which children can be raised in a secure home.

I realize that not every family meets this ideal, and many children have grown up to live normal lives coming from a "non-traditional" family. However, the institution of marriage that society accepts strives towards what that society feels is the best environment for raising children in.

We live in a unique time when children are not a priority. Perhaps it's because we live longer, have better birth control, or raising children is too time consuming and expensive to try. It's probably some combination of the three. So, in this day and age, the purpose of marriage is blurry. If children aren't the goal, then maybe we can be more accepting of different kinds of unions.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying the situation, but I think that essentially, this is what's going on. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but just the way it is. I'm sure that eventually, we'll discover an approach that works for the way society is now, assuming it stays the same for any length of time.

So marriage in Final Fantasy is just weird. Obviously, it isn't for raising children :P I'm not really sure I understand the message they are converying either by only allowing monogamous, male-female marriages... although cross-species is ok :? It's just as confusing as it is in real life, I'll give it that ;)
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

i really think the FF marriage concept is definately not about sex...
the only way u could do that anyway is /em has sex with Soanso...
and whats to stop any1 from doin that anyway...
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Crispleaf wrote:When considering traditional forms of marriage, whether monogamous or polygamous, I believe marriage has the primary goal of creating an environment to raise a family. It creates a structure in which children can be raised in a secure home.
Yes, and as you say later (and I paraphrase), but without children, what else is it good for?
Crispleaf wrote:So marriage in Final Fantasy... monogamous, male-female marriages... although cross-species is ok :? It's just as confusing as it is in real life, I'll give it that ;)
I don't think Monogamy is required.... Or perhaps it is not the right word. It seems to have become a synonym for faithfull rather than the original meaning, one on one bonding, which is the one I think you meant.

As far as cross speices, there are no males of our speices available. If I want a boy, I must go exogmous. If I want a kitty, it will be a same sex realtionship.

/sigh What is a kitty to do? :wink:

Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

well even if that was the case it would probly work like... well... i always thought...

RP time
Ima Mithra... Ster is a male hume... were siblings... ingame parents?
id assume Mithra an male hume...

well thas how i would think it would work... cuz the other possible outcomes... eww does he have mithra ears AND hume ears :lol:... ya... that was a poor example... maybe i should use the flipper theory... ITS FLIPPERBOY :lol:... but whered the flippers come from...
maybe i should stop im just cornfusing myself :? :? :?
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

Tsybil wrote:I don't think Monogamy is required.... Or perhaps it is not the right word. It seems to have become a synonym for faithfull rather than the original meaning, one on one bonding, which is the one I think you meant.
I think what Crisp was talking about was the In game marriage system. The ones that Square-Enix allows and has cutscenes for.
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Ya know, just go on a cruise. International waters, no laws on this stuff and whatnot. Problem solved.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Ephi wrote:well even if that was the case it would probly work like... well... i always thought...

RP time
Ima Mithra... Ster is a male hume... were siblings... ingame parents?
id assume Mithra an male hume...

well thas how i would think it would work... cuz the other possible outcomes... eww does he have mithra ears AND hume ears :lol:... ya... that was a poor example... maybe i should use the flipper theory... ITS FLIPPERBOY :lol:... but whered the flippers come from...
maybe i should stop im just cornfusing myself :? :? :?
I have always wondered why we never see A taruraur/mithra hybrid in Windurst.................. Any of you Mithra out there care to explain?
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

the taru make better steaks and burgers than they do husbands :lol:
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Tsybil wrote:Not at all. As I am not ready to commit to only one person, I will not even pretend I can do that.
I'm not exactly sure what you would call that... promiscuous, fickle, indecisive... I wouldn't say it's a higher level of free-loving consciousness. Who enters a relationship that has no point? If there is an end in sight in the beginning, then there can only really be selfish motives for continuing, or to avoid confrontation/resolution.
Tsybil wrote:I do take marrage quite seriously, and relationships too. Marage is about two people, true. As long as my heart is open to more, I will not marry. I am not waiting for something better, just aware that other loves may come my way.
I'm not really sure love is what you're after... I can't fathom what kind of feelings there can be which restrict you from opening yourself up completely to one person and waiting for something else, all the while having someone else there that you are more than likely hurting or are going to hurt emotionally. I can't believe anyone would hold out for something worse just to say it's new... so, you must not be entirely confident of your current "situation".
Tsybil wrote:My boy friend understands this. We have an open relationship that he takes more advantage of than I. He is free to leave, and even marry without losing my love. My girl friend is in a sexual expermentation phase that some probably call slutty. She falls in love with someone new every week or so. I cheer her sucesses and hold her, kissing away the tears, when she gets her heart broken again.
Let's examine this... you and your boyfriend have an "open relationship", which most people might just call "friends with benefits". He takes advantage of this, you say, which tells me he's running off and "loving" other girls, then comes crawling back to you when he wants some attention (mind you, it may not be that he craves yours specifically). And you cheer on a friend who is so careless about herself that she's spreading herself around like cottage cheese to any guy she can't find immediate fault with, subjecting herself to the possiblility of a host of diseases and psychos who might get attached too easily after "getting a piece"? And you think her heart breaks?? Wow. Just... wow.
Tsybil wrote:Unselfish and nonposessive love seems to be almost unknown today, even as a concept. I wish only happness for those I love. Should they find joy with another, it pleases me. If they are happier with someone else, I will kiss them goodbye, wish them the best, and still love them. Then I will gripe that I never get to give the groom or bride away at the ceromony.
Well, that's because laws regarding illegal substances have been increasingly enforced since the 60s. Love is selfish and possessive by nature. That's why when you love something, you call it yours. "My" cat, "my" house, "my" boyfriend... even when those things are gone, the love for them remains. It's yours, and you're the one who deals with the consequences of experiencing it, good or bad. Many relationships don't work, and after the loss of the object of that affection is felt, many people still do hope that person is happy no matter what. Others feel they should never be happy again for "ruining their lives". Both responses have merit, but both are the result of real love, real vulnerablility, not some veil that covers you and protects you from being hurt, and can be removed and replaced as easily as finding some new interest.
Tsybil wrote:In good ol' "This is a Christian nation" America relationships are suposed to be only about two people, but the world is bigger than that. Many have relationships of three, four, and even more. Others have relationships that are one on one, and rock solid, but open to casual sexual encounters. In other cultures, marrage is often about more than one person. I sugest you read Robert Heinline (probably misspelled) who's SF books, even his juveniles, often depict different forms of marage than are used today.
If by SF you mean Science Fiction, I'll just point you to the second word in that genre: FICTION. To me, this is what people are doing to themselves if they really believe they are experiencing full, unconditional and unrepressed love through being infatuated with more than one person. In fact, one of the people that holds the most infatuation for polygamists is themselves. Me... I want to experience this, I don't want to experience that, there has to be more out there for me. This is good for a while... you shouldn't limit yourself when looking for someone you want to be in a relationship with. But once you start taking it seriously, you stop looking. If you keep looking, you're not serious with the one you're with. If it sounds simple, you might be surprised to learn that it really is.

Lastly, monogamous and faithful are not synonymous, true, but you can't be monogamous and be unfaithful. So there is some merit in saying one means the other.

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Things that confuse me in this discusion.

"a higher level of free-loving consciousness." Higher level? Have I ever claimed that I love on a higher level? No just different.

"opening yourself up completely to one person" How do you mean that? Why do you feel one cannot open oneself up completely to one person if there is more than one person in your life?

"crawling back to you" ?? I fail to see how this concept came up.

"And you cheer on a friend who is... spreading herself around like cottage cheese... subjecting herself to the possiblility of a host of diseases and psychos..." Ummmm.... she is going through this expermatation IN THE GAME. This is so much safer a place to do this than IRL, I would cheer her on even if it tore me appart.

"laws regarding illegal substances have been increasingly enforced since the 60s" Huh??? Again, where did that come form. Untrue as well.

"Love is selfish and possessive by nature" For some, not for all. The point of this whole discussion.

"not some veil that covers you and protects you from being hurt" When did I ever say this prevented me from getting hurt? Decit ALWAYS hurts. And some feel a need to decieve.

But the REAL question here.

"Who enters a relationship that has no point?"

What is the point of a relationship? To raise kids? If so, you can get divorced after they are out of high school. I have seen this one a lot. To grow old and die together? To be friends and companions on a much deeper level? That one I like.

Josejo, IRL I am a lot older than most here, I have the same relationship patteren IRL. I have often had three deep, meaningful relationships going at once. I am still friends with most all of my exes who have not been lost in the mists of time. The rest would be happy to see me again. No, I cannot explain it, I can only tell you that it does work.

Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Marriage is to make public what is already known between two people...Their love for each other. :wink:
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Jolly good show, old sport. Here-here, another round for Neoshinobi!
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Tsybil wrote:Things that confuse me in this discusion.

"a higher level of free-loving consciousness." Higher level? Have I ever claimed that I love on a higher level? No just different.
Well, this quote would assert that beyond the fact that this is rare, it is somehow superior to the concept of selfish, possessive love.
Tsybil wrote:Unselfish and nonposessive love seems to be almost unknown today, even as a concept. I wish only happness for those I love.
Also, immediately referring to yourself after such a statement is a direct correlation to you holding such superior notions. If this is not what you meant to say, maybe saying it differently would have helped.
Tsybil wrote:"opening yourself up completely to one person" How do you mean that? Why do you feel one cannot open oneself up completely to one person if there is more than one person in your life?
What would you define the other people in your life as? You can have multiple friendships where you feel comfortable opening yourself up to them, but you're not dating those people or being intimate with them on the level you might be in a serious relationship. Not really sure how the line between friendship and relationship gets blurred. Maybe you could explain your "relationships" better... like how they differ from friendships.
Tsybil wrote:"crawling back to you" ?? I fail to see how this concept came up.
Logic trees, cause and effect, whatever you feel comfortable with. You're still with this person, so obviously he's coming back to you, no? He goes to others outside of your relationship to satisfy... something he's not getting from his current relationships. So... that's pretty much where that came from. Is that not how it is?
Tsybil wrote:"And you cheer on a friend who is... spreading herself around like cottage cheese... subjecting herself to the possiblility of a host of diseases and psychos..." Ummmm.... she is going through this expermatation IN THE GAME. This is so much safer a place to do this than IRL, I would cheer her on even if it tore me appart.
It wasn't entirely clear that you meant this as a reference to in-game behavior.
Tsybil wrote:"laws regarding illegal substances have been increasingly enforced since the 60s" Huh??? Again, where did that come form. Untrue as well.
Mind-altering drugs of the 60s that allowed for rebellion, "free love" and peace... that's where that came from.
Tsybil wrote:"Love is selfish and possessive by nature" For some, not for all. The point of this whole discussion.
Name one thing you love that you claim not to possess? A perfect example was you saying "my boyfriend". It doesn't mean he's an object and you're his master. It does mean you feel that in some ways he belongs to/with you.... that you have a connection with this person by mutually sharing yourselves with each other. And the selfish part comes when it's usually more serious, where if it's romantic love, you'd hope this connection wasn't something your significant other would be sharing with someone else as well (or attempting to). If it's love between friends, it's usually not as selfish, but part of that is due to the fact that you're not investing everything you are into it as you would a romantic relationship.
Tsybil wrote:"not some veil that covers you and protects you from being hurt" When did I ever say this prevented me from getting hurt? Decit ALWAYS hurts. And some feel a need to decieve.
Isn't being with someone while holding on to the idea something else might come along decitful? I'd say so. You lull your partner into a false sense of security, and then boom... from nowhere there's no more cushy relationship. :roll:
Tsybil wrote:But the REAL question here.

"Who enters a relationship that has no point?"

What is the point of a relationship? To raise kids? If so, you can get divorced after they are out of high school. I have seen this one a lot. To grow old and die together? To be friends and companions on a much deeper level? That one I like.
Most people, or at least those who are really looking for love, would enter a relationship with the hope they've found in this person what they were looking for. The person who enters a relationship thinking "I'll just do this for a while until it gets old or something else comes along" is just looking for someone to fill a void, not love. Friends and companions on a much deeper level? What is that? Friendships can be deep. Again, there's a line that separates friendship and relationships. Usually, the latter can seriously damage the former if you're too careless about it. I just can't imagine what a person thinks that satisfies their doubts about crossing that line being ok. It will ultimately affect you and/or the other person if things don't work.
Tsybil wrote:Josejo, IRL I am a lot older than most here, I have the same relationship patteren IRL. I have often had three deep, meaningful relationships going at once. I am still friends with most all of my exes who have not been lost in the mists of time. The rest would be happy to see me again. No, I cannot explain it, I can only tell you that it does work.
Well, you've got one up on "normal" folk then. I can't imagine how that kind of behavior would be emotionally fulfilling in the least. It's also surprising that you apparently tend to find people who think exactly the same way, and would barely grieve to end their involvement with you, or vice versa. Apparently it's not such a small world, after all. :?

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

As do I, i do want my irl b/f to marry me, but not til we have some finacial security, til then, my Eli on diabolos, well i just have this to say:
I sat in front of San d'Oria's glorious Fountain, alone in tears my head buried in my knees, Tears streaked down my face, for escaping a hellacious relationship still took a toll on me, i cried and cried, the night before Valentione's day, Til 2 arms Pulled me up and into him, as quickly as i could think.. "Don't cry my love, " The voice said, "Ive come to bring you home, to wrap my arms around you and never let you go." ELIATHANIS! It was my Eli! I cried in his arms and basked in his strong gentle touch, no this time Valentione's day would be happy after all.
[/quote]
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:As do I, i do want my irl b/f to marry me, but not til we have some finacial security, til then, my Eli on diabolos, well i just have this to say:
I sat in front of San d'Oria's glorious Fountain, alone in tears my head buried in my knees, Tears streaked down my face, for escaping a hellacious relationship still took a toll on me, i cried and cried, the night before Valentione's day, Til 2 arms Pulled me up and into him, as quickly as i could think.. "Don't cry my love, " The voice said, "Ive come to bring you home, to wrap my arms around you and never let you go." ELIATHANIS! It was my Eli! I cried in his arms and basked in his strong gentle touch, no this time Valentione's day would be happy after all.
Awwww. :cry:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Josiejo wrote:It's also surprising that you apparently tend to find people who think exactly the same way, and would barely grieve to end their involvement with you, or vice versa. Apparently it's not such a small world, after all. :?
If I did not find those who think as I do, it would NOT work. When the relationship ends, involvement does not. There is no need for grief.

People seek different things in relationships. Some need to valadite negative views they have of themselves. These poor souls seek out abusive relationships. Some need a partner so there is someone they can cheat on. The ones I find seem to value honesty over fidelity. Or maybe fidelity means someting different here.
Josiejo wrote:Mind-altering drugs of the 60s that allowed for rebellion, "free love" and peace...
No, I was there. The mind altering drugs were part of the rebelion, not a cause. Birth controll pills were one reason for the Free Love bit, but so was the book "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Heinline, another SF piece. People who never got high were a part of the sexual revolution too.

The real cause was never before or since has such a high percentage of the population been in their teen age years. Rebelion and sexual expermentation come easy to teenagers. With birth controll, and no STDs that could not be cured with penicilin... you get the idea I think.
Josiejo wrote:
Tsybil wrote: "crawling back to you" ?? I fail to see how this concept came up.

....You're still with this person, so obviously he's coming back to you, no?....
I think you assume he left somehow. If they don't leave they cannot come back, crawling or otherwise. Or am I missing something?

As for the rest, perhaps I do think that having no jealosy is superior. This does not mean that my relationship pattern is superior, or that I love on some higher plane, just there is one truly posionus thing I do not bring with me into a relationship.

I put great value on being friends first, last, and always. Too many fall in love, heat, and bed without ever becoming friends. Parting friends is a good trick, and not one that a lot of people can do. But many who are mostly monagamus do that one also. Our society predisposes us to look for fault and blame when something goes awry. Blaming someone is no way to stay friends.

My relationships look a lot like friendship with fringe benifits because we ARE friends.

Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

guess what... im really too popular... :lol:
ive got another suiter...
altho hes really heavy on the pet names...
and hes rather annoying...
hes cool but if were pt'd he follows me around like a little lost puppy...
but seriously my personality mixed with my... looks i guess... not a good mix for 1 who thinks like me... but at least ive choices now...
when he asked me if id be his ingame gf i told him hes a candidate... i mean he is a nice guy... just i dont want a... lost puppy... or... well an example i was pt'd with him cuz another friend of mine needed to kill the giddeus dragon... (keep in mind this guy has been a friend alrdy)... well he started the pet names and the other guys were like "is he ur bf!?!"... really embarrassing... bad omen bout that (if i could really associate this to anything) that was the worst fight with that dragon...

the BLM was rank 2... RDM was healer... the guy im talkin bout MNK... and the guy who needed it WAR lvl 20... an obviously me THF...
MNK died 1st cuz healer ran outta MP an the WAR didnt voke...
WAR died next due to the MP issue an the fact he was lvl 20...
RDM got cursed an got hit for 5/6 his HP so he couldnt fight really...
I basically had to kill it with a poisoned butter knife... thank god i brought acid bolts... im glad the rank 2 guy we tried to hire b4 (not BLM) loaned me the gil for those bolts... anyway i killed it but i had to use my 2hr...

Omen? u decide... btw we probly have the time record... longest time 6 minutes w00t... sorry i had to share this exp somhow :lol: ...

but ya thers another guy wanting me... but being in the decision process alrdy just adds more options... i dont need anymore advice on who... i think ill find out on my own :)
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Tsybil wrote:If I did not find those who think as I do, it would NOT work. When the relationship ends, involvement does not. There is no need for grief.

People seek different things in relationships. Some need to valadite negative views they have of themselves. These poor souls seek out abusive relationships. Some need a partner so there is someone they can cheat on. The ones I find seem to value honesty over fidelity. Or maybe fidelity means someting different here.
So who are they being honest to? You? Themselves? The other people they're with? Who gets absolute honesty and trust? I'm guessing none of the above.
Tsybil wrote:
Josiejo wrote:Mind-altering drugs of the 60s that allowed for rebellion, "free love" and peace...
No, I was there. The mind altering drugs were part of the rebelion, not a cause. Birth controll pills were one reason for the Free Love bit, but so was the book "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Heinline, another SF piece. People who never got high were a part of the sexual revolution too.

The real cause was never before or since has such a high percentage of the population been in their teen age years. Rebelion and sexual expermentation come easy to teenagers. With birth controll, and no STDs that could not be cured with penicilin... you get the idea I think.
Yeah, I see those people all the time on Venice Beach. They look like they're still wearing the same clothes they wore then... the "rebel's uniform", still spouting their rebellious political mumbo-jumbo. They don't seem very happy unless they're stoned out of their minds, nor do they seem to be in touch with all the "free-lovers" they had before. In fact, it seems some of them never even leave the beach. Must a satisfying way of life. :roll:
Tsybil wrote:I think you assume he left somehow. If they don't leave they cannot come back, crawling or otherwise. Or am I missing something?
I'd say the moment he goes to someone else, he's leaving you. Unless you're chained to his hip, of course. Then I could understand how you could remain attached, but still not really want to be married.

It doesn't take a special ed. student to realize that this is some form of attention craving. If he wants different attention, ie. not yours, he goes to someone else. You're a safety net, a sure thing... something to go to when there aren't any other available or desirable options. If it was more than that, you nor him would seek whatever's missing in someone else. How is this difficult to grasp?
Tsybil wrote:As for the rest, perhaps I do think that having no jealosy is superior. This does not mean that my relationship pattern is superior, or that I love on some higher plane, just there is one truly posionus thing I do not bring with me into a relationship.

I put great value on being friends first, last, and always. Too many fall in love, heat, and bed without ever becoming friends. Parting friends is a good trick, and not one that a lot of people can do. But many who are mostly monagamus do that one also. Our society predisposes us to look for fault and blame when something goes awry. Blaming someone is no way to stay friends.

My relationships look a lot like friendship with fringe benifits because we ARE friends.
Who said anything about jealousy? One can be in a serious relationship, aye even marriage, without being jealous. Why? Because they completely trust the person they're with, so jealousy is not even an issue. That doesn't mean they're not possessive or selfish about their love and the person they love, it just means they're not worried about losing it. Insecurity leads do jealousy, and it's hard to be insecure in a real, committed relationship. When things are less secure, less committed... it's a lot easier. Not saying it always happens, as I'm also a person who tries to steer away from jealousy, but it's just more prone to happen in those situations.

Friendships with benefits just don't amount to anything without the commitment. Sure, it can seem great now, but things change the moment that line is crossed from platonic friendship to something more. Even if you hold onto a friendship after the other stuff is over, it's still really not the same. It's not so much a consequence of society as it is simply human nature. If none of this bothers you, you're one tough cookie. I can only hope for your happiness... :?

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

well... the new "suiter" is much cooler... last night we went NM hunting together in the N horu ruins...
we killed all 3 NMs there but we didnt get the Cruel Axe...
but we had fun...

the rich guy seems rather serious natured...
an hes too strong to really pt with...
he can PL but i no he doesnt really like to...

however the other guy stopped bein annoyin on his own...
were gonna try to be mates...
he wants me but im still gonna see how he is further into relationship...
we both agreed this is gonna stay ingame...
plus he looks good...
i actually like Galkas...

the other guy is hume and not a very attractive 1 at that...
maybe now is the time i return this guys Night Cape he lent me... an the Centurions sword...

but ya no talk of marriage yet...
i may not be able to stick it...
i really just wanna ingame marry cuz it bsounds fun...
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

:D :D IM GETTING MARRIED :D :D
:D We are earning the gil now :D
and what was great he proposed on the boat and Sea Monks appeared an we killed em together... i got 60 exp off 1 of em... which was good cuz i delvled b4hand :D

...if no1 replies to this im gonna post on a separate board-thing or start another 1... im just using this 1 cuz i been posting on it
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Kandora
Kitten

Post by Kandora »

Congratulations!

I wish I was on Hades, so I could come. I love weddings!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Congrrrats!!!

Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Ephi wrote::D :D IM GETTING MARRIED :D :D
:D We are earning the gil now :D
and what was great he proposed on the boat and Sea Monks appeared an we killed em together... i got 60 exp off 1 of em... which was good cuz i delvled b4hand :D

...if no1 replies to this im gonna post on a separate board-thing or start another 1... im just using this 1 cuz i been posting on it
::sniff:: :cry:

Your soooo lucky :wink:

...Were all invited right? :P
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

the max is 18 guests where we doin it
Sandy- Chateau d'Oraguille
i kinda wanted it in Windy since thats our home nation but...
well... Sandy's reception sounds nicer... oath with weapons...
and windy supposedly we have to give a food offering to somthing an thats MY food :evil:...
dont wanna do Bastok... as respectable Bastok is...
but any way the dress set is 50k and the Chateau is 30k the rings r gonna be engraved with full names...
unless the rings cost somthin it totals 80k
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!