Mithra "Pride"?

A place to talk about... anything!
colbwa
Tomcat

Mithra "Pride"?

Post by colbwa »

This is the story about my terrible experience with the Mithra "Pride" LS.

The purpuse of this post is to explain why the Quetz MP LS is corrupted.

I am on Quetzalcoatl server before joining I had heard very little about Mithra Pride. The only thing I heard throught the internet grapevine was they are biased against men...(which eventually became known to me but I didn't care about at the time.)

So I'm running through Bur. Penninsula when I see Meiki walking with a whm. I needed a tele so the whm said sure, if you wait a few minutes I need to complete a quest. While I was waiting I asked Meiki for a Linkpearl and she agreed to my surprise. Meike said "Just don't act crazy ok" I said "No problem...I'm just going to law low and not say anything until I get a feel from everyone." She says, "No you should talk! Be active...don't be quiet..." I make my way to East Sartabarta and find out they are having a meeting in the same area so I gladly attend.

Most of meeting was about how somebody kicked another member out and wouldn't fess up about doing it. The entire meeting was Kea asking what we thought about it, at which time when I put my input in I was met with critiscism. My comment was that Kea should decide what to do instead of trying to find a common ground solution with a divided linkshell vote.

Other parts of the meeting were discussions on who should get a linksack. The final decision was that people with the most time and contributions to the LS would climb the ladder the fastest...however I would never climb the ladder based on time for obvious reasons (I just joined) and when I tried to contribute, the others mocked and did not take me seriously.

Later on that day I confronted Kea about that she said, "You can climb the ladder just as much as anyone else can." I told her based on what I had seen so far, MP gives an illusion of being able to gain rank just to recruit more members. She asked me what I wanted and I said that I want more power. I feel I had good ideas on how to make the rank better and am not contempt with being just a member. I further went on to say I realize that it is impossible for that to happen being that I just joined 1 hour ago.

She then admitted that I would never have a linksack ever, much less have any more power than what I had at that point.

No more than 5 seconds later, Kea tells the linkshell that I want to be the leader because I think I have better ideas than her. From this point foward, there is no possible way for anybody in the LS to like me and Kea knew this. She knew by saying that everyone would instantly take a disliking to me. For whatever reason, she was out to get me, and she did just that. So when everyone was asking me what to do I told them it would be a cool idea if everyone had a high lvl craft that way we'd never have to worry about money.

The LS promptly blew up and they asked me, "Who the f*** do you think you are." The commander of the LS Levi called me "a little fucking bastard". Eilistrae even called me Hitler.

There were 2 people in the LS who were begging the others to stop and that they were overreacing. Those 2 were Kittypride and Zetra.

I tried to explain myself but this was a waste of time. I soon after was kicked out of the LS and blisted by everyone in the LS at the request of Kea (minus 6 of them.)

The barrage continued and Lavi was instigating everything. Kea has a website (I-Kea.com) that has a live stream of her playing. I took a screenshot on my Macintosh of Lavi telling her how fun this was and how they need to do this more often.

Regardless of all this, I went on to accept full blame and apologized to every single one of them in hopes that I could see why they were doing this. This was to no avail.

So if you are confused as to why they are wrong (how is this possible?), let's recap:

1. I was told they aren't biased against male players.

2. I was told in the meeting I could gain rank, when the leader told me personally I could not. (While in the meeting the commander, Lavi, says MP is too nice to new members.)

3. I was told by 4(!) LS members (names will not be given) that, in fact, the only way you could gain rank is by PL'ing or giving gil to Kea (the "leader") and the commander, Lavi.

4. I was told I could speak freely, and upon doing this in the LS meeting, I was spoken to consdescendingly and not taking seriously at all. (This I can almost understand being that I was only in the shell for 2 hours.)

5. I was told by Eilistrae that based on my posts on Allakazham (about controlling the Quetz economy to take it back from the gilsellers and have the AH be once again noob friendly) I would never be considered a true MP member.

6. I was mislead by Kea into thinking my ideas would benefit and upon telling her my ideas she fabircated my words, lied to the LS, and got them against me because she was threatened by my leadership skills with my Linkshell Government.

On a final note, the girls in this LS will try to deny everything and claim they had no fault in this. I will post my email address on a later thread and will be able to prove everything.

Thank you for your time.
Sirc
Tomcat

Re: Mithra "Pride"?

Post by Sirc »

Let me point out the mistakes you have made...
colbwa wrote:So if you are confused as to why they are wrong (how is this possible?), let's recap:

1. I was told they aren't biased against male players.
That's just absurd. I'll bet at least 1/3 of the members of the Midgardsormr MP LS are male in RL. I have never heard anything about MP being biased against men.
2. I was told in the meeting I could gain rank, when the leader told me personally I could not. (While in the meeting the commander, Lavi, says MP is too nice to new members.)
I'm not sure what is meant here by "gaining rank". You will obviously become a respected and trusted member of the LS if you contribute in whatever way you can. But understand that it takes a long time time get to the point where you will be carrying around a pearl sack. It sounds like you came on awfully strong towards the LS leader for only being in the LS for 2 hours.
3. I was told by 4(!) LS members (names will not be given) that, in fact, the only way you could gain rank is by PL'ing or giving gil to Kea (the "leader") and the commander, Lavi.
If this is true, then the LS leaders are not setting very good examples.
4. I was told I could speak freely, and upon doing this in the LS meeting, I was spoken to consdescendingly and not taking seriously at all. (This I can almost understand being that I was only in the shell for 2 hours.)
First of all, the meeting was concerning someone being kicked from the LS and no one admitting who did it. Situations like this can get emotional and cause a lot of tension. Of course you should generally be able to speak freely, but you should also have had the good sense to stay quiet in this particular situation. Again, you came on too strong at the wrong time.
5. I was told by Eilistrae that based on my posts on Allakazham (about controlling the Quetz economy to take it back from the gilsellers and have the AH be once again noob friendly) I would never be considered a true MP member.
Erm, this one is just bizarre. :?
6. I was mislead by Kea into thinking my ideas would benefit and upon telling her my ideas she fabircated my words, lied to the LS, and got them against me because she was threatened by my leadership skills with my Linkshell Government.
The LS leader was threatened by your display of leadership and linkshell government skills? After you'd only been in the LS for 2 HOURS? I seriously doubt this. It sounds more like you were pushy and overly opinionated. The only thing you displayed in those 2 hours was that you were going to be nothing but trouble.

Sheesh, it sounds from your own post here that you were ready to seize control of the LS. How did you expect them to react? It's no wonder you were kicked and blisted.
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

How is it possible to seize control?

It isn't.

So why would I think that I could?

I didn't.

There is a difference in wanting to lead another MP linkshell and wanting to seize control of one that already exists.
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

colbwa wrote:There is a difference in wanting to lead another MP linkshell and wanted to seize control of one that already exists.
This is true. However, I have no idea how this statement relates to anything. I'm sorry, but there is so many bad vibes coming from your original post in this thread that you've got me totally creeped out. You are obviously obsessed with power (and are also rather full of yourself).

Why don't you just start your own LS?
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Something smells fishy... you made a comment in another thread that the Quetzalcoatl MP recruits non mithra into the LS? Is this Titan all over again?
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

My email address is colbykelly@mac.com
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Well Colbwa, I'm sorry that you had such an experience with a branch of Mithra Pride. :( Since I am not on Quetz and do not have first hand knowledge of the event you described. Therefore, I cannot make a fair opinion of this new and potentially frustrating situation. The way I see it is that there are several possibilities to your story and since you made lists in your story I will follow suit:

(1) You are telling the truth and the event you described and the "corruption" you outlined did indeed happen.

(2) Your nothing but a bitter troll and have come here to vent your anger and frustrations out in the open in an attempt to defame the people you felt hurt you.

(3, and the most likely) The truth lies someplace in between 1 and 2.

Now on to what I do know. You are new to site I see and since you do not make mention of when this happened I assume it happened fairly recently by the emotion in your text. Since you are new I will outline a few things. First of all, there are only two rules for a person to start a new branch of Mithra Pride:

(1) The name must be MithraPride (or as close as you can get, like "oOMithraPrideOo") and,
(2) Mithra only.

Other than that the LS owners of the different worlds are free to "rule" their LS's as they see fit as there have not been any "rules" other then two mentioned above created. This being said whether or not they are biased against male players can only exist on a world-to-world basis. I have been very active on this site for about four months now and I have never come across anything biased against male players. Another thing you mentioned is a system of rank, again, this only exists on a world-to-world basis. Other worlds are free to set up such a system of rank or order as they see fit. I've heard that one branch requires that you be of Windurstian citizenship to be a member of MithraPride. Once again, this is on a world-to-world setup and does not, and these types of rules should not, reflect MithraPride as a whole.

As far as Alexander goes, we live by simple guidelines and do not bother with some of the rules the other branches may have. We discourage hierarchy and believe that all mithra have an equal say and part in the shell. We make no discrimination to nationality. The question of RL gender and other RL questions are discouraged over the open LS chat. The founder of MithraPride on Alexander wanted to do something that would help the mithra on Alexander. We are a group of mithra who do our best to give our time and help to our fellow mithran. That is what our LS is founded on and that is how we live.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Thank you for your time.

I stand corrected on the rank issue. You're right...they should be allowed to rank the LS as they see fit. I was under the impression there was a set guide by MP to rank the Linkshell.

As I said earlier I posted my email, and I can prove everything. If you do not believe me then send me an email.
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Thank you for your time.

I stand corrected on the rank issue. You're right...they should be allowed to rank the LS as they see fit. I was under the impression there was a set guide by MP to rank the Linkshell.

As I said earlier I posted my email, and I can prove everything. If you do not believe me then send me an email.
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Thank you for your time.

colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

If you don't believe me then email me.
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

2 People have since come to me since the post and wanted to join my linkshell. I didn't allow them to.

Edit: I posted multiple times because someone accused me of lying after I told them I could prove it.
Last edited by colbwa on Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Oy... double-posts!

Well... in light of everything you claim, I'm wondering why you're still pursuing MP. You seem to want to make contributions in a manner where you can gain authority, and while there may be other linkshells that have such a structure, I don't think MP is one of them. Dukuji explained life on the Alexander MP accurately... and as far as I've seen, most (if not all) other MPs follow similar conduct. There's nothing to be gained from forcing the matter any further, because frankly, and of course I can't speak for everyone, but I can't see who would really care that much. If it's that your character is another race besides Mithra, that is worth our attention, but anything other than that should be handled in-game, or just dropped.

I hope, if you are Mithra, you can let go of the pursuit of authority to just enjoy the game, company and benefits other kitties can provide. If you are not Mithra, you are most welcome to be a visitor here on the site, but we can't have non-Mithran LS members. And yeah, I'm proud of what we have here. :mrgreen:
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Um...I counted more than 2.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

colbwa wrote:Um...I counted more than 2.
More than 2 what?
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Mithrapride pyramid schemes.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

colbwa wrote:Mithrapride pyramid schemes.
Well, I did find one on Diablos, but other than that, it seems MP is just a free-for-all conglomeration of beautiful, witty kitties.

Still, this is not a reason to waste any more time on the issue. If you want to try a hierarchial LS, you could try joining the Diablos MP, but I still don't believe that's what we're about in the big picture.

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Lunaleska
Kitten

Post by Lunaleska »

does it matter??? having rank or not.......
come to think of it.... it really doesn't matter.

In Cerberus MP, even my 4th job is higher level then most people's main job, should I ask for a sack? or ask to be given a higher rank?

nah, it is just a game, games are for fun. I enjoy helping people, because that is what I don't have when I level up. FFXI is all about friendship and group work. Without people helping you, good luck getting your carby ruby at lv 30ish, good luck getting your genki(limit) 1 at lv 50.

why does it matter so much? There is really nothing to prove, who is right, who is not. If you don't like how that LS works, join another one or make your own.
=^.^=
Now Playing: Sam
Rng75 Mnk75 Thf75 Sam71 Rdm66 Nin64 Blm50 War50 Whm42 Drk40 Smn31 Pld22 Brd18 Bst13 Drg22

Rank 10 Windy
Z14
CoP complete!
Kandora
Kitten

Post by Kandora »

I'm curious why only people that e-mail you are able to obtain your "proof"? Most people, including myself, are not that willing to give out our e-mail addresses to random people.

That and there is the fact you are a Mac user.... (I don't know why anyone would want a more stable, less virus prone system)
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Rather than require the good folks here to email you for proof, why not exhibit it yourself? It's not hard to place images in your posts here.

As for the Macintosh thing, that rocks. Ignore Kandora and the other misbelievers.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Kandora makes a good point, giving out your E-mail address is like an invitation for spam.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Paranoia Schizophrenia.
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

Some people enjoy their privacy. Also, what's wrong with being cautious when dealing with someone you've never met before?
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

It's either paranoia schizophrenia, or you don't want to believe that the linkshell you love so much is full of money hungry pscyhos.
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

Let it go and move on please. If you weren't trolling before, you are now.
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Sirc

You're a moron.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Wikipedia Article on Internet Trolls

Don't feed the trolls!

Request this thread be locked :!:
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

Request MP.org change their source code.
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

I will send 1 millin gil to anyone.
Liohs
Tomcat

Post by Liohs »

colbwa wrote:Request MP.org change their source code.
colbwa wrote:I will send 1 millin gil to anyone.
WTF? :?:
"Death happens thats why there are White Mages..."

DRG65/WAR37/RDM34/SAM21/THF21/WHM20/BLU16/BLM14/COR10/MNK3
Rank 6