Dragoon Kaniyashia and her Wyrven Lumiere - Help pls

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Dragoon Kaniyashia and her Wyrven Lumiere - Help pls

Post by Karou Ariyen »

whats the best magic based job to sub under DRG?????
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

In short? Whm.

Rdm you might be able to do, but your mp will be at pretty low levels.
Blm would be possible, but your Elemental Magic skill and spell selection isn't going to be all that great.
Smn.....err......no. You can only have -one- pet at a time.

The reason why I say Whm is you can do a little bit of backup healing on yourself or others with the occasional cure. Casting any spell at all means your Wyvern uses Healing Breath I do believe. Yes, this does mean if you cast Dia, it will still use that breath.

There is also some stipulation on that someone in the party must be at a third or less hp for them to be hit by the Healing Breath. It will only heal one person at a time. And preference is always given to the Dragoon over any other party member. Such a loyal Wyvern. ^.^

My sugguestion, if you have Whm farther then melee classes, it's a consideration. It sure sounds like it'd make soloing easier. But if you have a melee class farther along, I sugguest that instead. For parties anyways. All I've done is Drg/War and Drg/Thf. Report back on Drg/Magic user if you try it.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Thank you for the advice
Lexairiu(dont kill me i can never spell that right) Taught me they types of Wyrven:

Defensive
Balanced
Aggressive

DRK/PLD/BRD fall under Balanced, I want a Balanced Wyrven
so i guess my next question is,

of those 3 mage jobs that are balancing your wyrven, which would be the best?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

DRG/DRK or /PLD = low MPs, and almost usless spells.

DRG/BRD = one song at a time. One song is far better than no songs, no MP worries.

What is the breath attack of a Balanced Wiveren anyway?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

I'm not a Dragoon, but I do have it unlocked. I found this HERE:

The Offensive Wyvern: Has a random elemental breath attack, and is used whenever the Dragoon does a Weapon skill (the elemental attack doesn’t include light or dark)

SUB JOB NEEDED: Beastmaster, Monk, Ranger, Samurai, Theif, Warrior, and Summoner

The Healer Wyvern: The first type of ability that a Healing Wyvern has is Cure Breath. The Wyvern casts this upon the Dragoon whenever the Dragoon uses a weapon skill. This Cure breath will cure any status ailments the Dragoon might have. But the Wyvern will only cast it if there is something to cure. The second type of ability is Heal Breath. Whenever a Dragoon casts a spell the the Wyvern will cast heal breath and it will replenish some hp’s of its master or a party member, but only if they are below 1/3 health.

SUB JOB NEEDED: Black Mage, Red Mage, White Mage

The Miltipurpose Wyvern: Whenever the Dragoon uses a weapon skill, the Wyvern will use its random elemental attack on the target. And when the Dragoon casts a spell, the Wyvern will cast Heal Breath, but will only be used if they are below 1/5 health.

SUB JOB NEEDED: Bard, Dark Knight, Paladin, Ninja
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

The healing wyvern... I tried this and all my wyvern would do is sit around and let me die. Lazy bum.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

im doing DRG/BRD now, thank you all very much for your insight i appreciate it

and remember no job is impossible unless you let yourself beleieve it
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

In order to get the Wyvern to use healing breath you have to use your TP. Also if you're soloing, I don't think it will healing breath on you no matter what unfortunately. So DRG/WHM is only good for parties. On top of that you'd probably be better off subbing THF of WAR for parties because you can deal out more damage that way. Though if you're planning on any mage class WHM is prolly the best because DRG's have the highest mind among other melee classes. Of those three balanced classes i'd go with DRG/DRK because if the extra damage output later and when you get high enough... Drain. It always helps to be able to heal yourself in battle :D
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Poge
Tomcat

Post by Poge »

I think you made the right choice with Drg/Brd. I actually like Bard as a sub for anything because while you're fighting you can Madrigal or Minuet and while you rest you can Ballad the mages. Also, don't underestimate the power of Threnody's. You might have a hard time getting one to stick cause you're music skills will be half and Mithra aren't exactly charismatic, but if you do you're parties magic bursts will do full damage every time.
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Drg/Mage

Post by Holydragoon »

Myself, I am a DRG/WHM 50/25 currently.

It shocks people when a DRG is raising, I rather enjoy the look I get.

I keep a DRG/war ready aswell, and I am just starting to work on a thf to make me more varialbe in parties. I find having a few sub options helps me get parties better. Not everyone like DRG/WHM in a party, but then again not everyone has been saved by one to know how handy it is :) I make it a point to go out of my way to help out when I am not doing something important.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Dragoon Kaniyashia and her Wyrven Lumiere - Help pls

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Dragoon Kaniyashia and her Wyrven Lumiere - Help pls

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru