Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Itsnamesepyon
Kitten

X-Mas hats

Post by Itsnamesepyon »

To get the X-Mas hats you need to go see moogle in Windhurst Woods by Leviathans gate. He will tell you to help the children. There are three children you need to get letters from. One in Port Windy, one in Windy Waters, and one in Windy Walls. The kids are all the blonde Taru girls. They are random kids and so they may be different from someone who is doing the quest with you at the same time. Once you find the girl write down her name and what letter she gave you because you will need this info later to get the hat. Once you find all three girls, go to Windy Waters and find the taru with the X-Mas hat by the Gate. Trade him the three letters and he will give ask you who gave you the letter of joy, and you have to list who gave you that letter. He will then ask who gave you the other letters. If you get it right, he will give you the hat. When you talk to him, he will give you a present. Take the present to the kids you got hat from and wearing the hat trade present to them. They will show joy. I am not sure if you need to just trade presents to all three or not. I did. After you get joy response go back to the moogle you started quest from and he will reward you with the ability to warp to either sandy or bastok. This works well for new characters because it has no fame requirement. You can teleport back from the city you teleported to. There is a downside. I did teleport and whe I tried to do another teleport, it said I needed to give more presents. I think you can get one free gave day, or you can buy them from x-mas hat taru in Windy Waters. This is one of the holiday quests. I also got the Windy Christamas tree for my moghouse. This quest is activated by the Mithra by the gate in Port Windy, and it is pretty self explanitory.
RDM70/BLM54/SMN31/WHM59/MNK11/WAR20/THF19/SAM11/DRK9/BRD1/PLD1/NIN19/BST1/RNG13/DRG1

Current Server: Gilgamesh

Current linkshells: MithraPride, ThePheonixLegion, CrimsonMercenaries, HonorGuardEvolution, RhymesWithOrange, SandsOfTime, SwiftAscent
Jhes
Kitten

Post by Jhes »

Go to the moogle by the east exit gate in Windurst Woods above the choco stables. He will tell you the locations of 3 children who want favors, go to the are he tells you and basicaly talk to each and every child you can till one gives you a letter, be sure to write down the letter given and the name of the kid who gave you that letter. There are no set NPC kids, theyre chosen at random so theres no real guide as to what kids to talk to. After you manage to find all 3 kids, go to Windurst Waters and the exit gate there, look for the Taru dressed in the santa outfit and trade him all 3 letters, he will then ask you how the name of the kids who gave you the letter, get them correct and you get the hat.

[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
Itsnamesepyon
Kitten

Update

Post by Itsnamesepyon »

Hope this helps. These are the locations of the NPC's that gave the letters to me and the person doing quest with me. My partner got the kid1 set and I got the Kid2 set.

Windy Walls:

Kid1:) By entrance into Waters. Running circles around another npc
Kid2:) On ramp heading up to heavans tower

Windy Waters:

Kid1:) In the Aurastry in eastern room.
Kid2:) Running up and down stairs by the Teleport point.

Port Windy:

Kid1:) In the school of magic
Kid2:) Where you get the Onion Quests.

Good luck
RDM70/BLM54/SMN31/WHM59/MNK11/WAR20/THF19/SAM11/DRK9/BRD1/PLD1/NIN19/BST1/RNG13/DRG1

Current Server: Gilgamesh

Current linkshells: MithraPride, ThePheonixLegion, CrimsonMercenaries, HonorGuardEvolution, RhymesWithOrange, SandsOfTime, SwiftAscent
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

the kids are random... im doing it in windy now and all three of the kids i were to get letters from were all in port windurst
2 of them were S.O.B. members the other was near the magic shop

**edit** i got this ((Present for the Kiddies)) item that im supposed to give to some kid... i got an idea how the kids are chosen....
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
sasuske
Big Cat

Post by sasuske »

Jhes wrote:Image

sexy
im pretty much amazing

68/9 Nin, 47 Drg, 36 War and more
Sophina
Tomcat

Post by Sophina »

OK, for the advanced hat. You could get a Dream Hat +1. In order to do that, you have to have a christmas tree in your house. Then you go talk to the red hat guy in which evercity. (I did mine in Windy) Buy some gifts from him, (I bought 12 X 1200 presents) then give it out to different kids. The guy also give a rare present every game day, and it bring more JOY LEVEL to the world. You can go talk to the moogle who tells you where the kids were to find out your JOY LEVEL. When the moogle says something like "you are bringing caravan lux... joy to the kids of Vani...", you are maxed on your JOY LEVEL. And if you have a tree in your house, layed out. THe moogle should tell you something after the end of the day or game day I can't remember. But the moogle will say he found a present under "whatever tree" you have, and he doesn't know who it is from. Walk out the moogle house with your present, open it, and you will get a Dream Hat +1.
Server: Titan
WHM 75,NIN 75, BLM 67, THF 60, RNG 60,RDM 60, WAR 44, SMN 43, DRK 27, SAM 20, MNK 15, PLD 6, BST 6, DRG 4, BRD 1
Clothcraft is 53 now... got the glasses... but silk too expensive...
Nekosama
Tomcat

Post by Nekosama »

Thanks ^_^ i will try it tonight
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

eep! Don't buy presents! Just wait a Vana'diel day, the Smilebringer will give you another one! =^o.o^= You only need to hand out about 5-6 of his presents to achieve "caravans of ludicrous amounts of joy".

One thing I have noticed about getting the Dream Hat +1 (I have a few other characters :P) is that it seems to come from the Windurstian tree... my Moogle has never found the Special Present under any other tree. So make sure you have those trees in your Layout and that you try to talk to the Moogle in your hometown Mog House about 1 earth day after you achieve the highest joy level!

Last edited by Josiejo on Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

well, i believe the present is found under the tree of your own nation. and as for buying presents, DON'T! it only takes 3 of the EX presents traded (w/o leaving the city, natch) to get the special present under your tree. thats only ~3hours real time and no money spent. and then you get lots of cookies :D
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Rekahkun wrote:well, i believe the present is found under the tree of your own nation. and as for buying presents, DON'T! it only takes 3 of the EX presents traded (w/o leaving the city, natch) to get the special present under your tree. thats only ~3hours real time and no money spent. and then you get lots of cookies :D
Well, all of my other characters are San d'Orian, and the Moogle still said the present was under the Windurstian tree. As for the presents, it takes more than 3... around 5 or 6. You may have already built up some fame before then!
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

nah, on my mule all i did was trade 3 ex presents. to this i swear. then i went to my mog house, and yay! present!

oh, and she's in sandy and all i had was the sandy tree, so, obviously, it was under that one :P
Lupine
Kitten

Post by Lupine »

Hiya..

Hmm.. I'm having trouble with the christmas +1 hat thing. I've fulfilled the requirements... several times over, actually. I must have handed out about 10 of the special hats that the Taru gives you (in Windy) *plus* bought gifts. My Joy Level has been at the "caravan" level for almost half the day. But, no hat. I have all three nations' trees in my mog house and tried also removing two and leaving only the Windurst tree.. When I hand out the gift from the Taru, it says I've given barrelsful of joy... Everything is setup as it should be, but no +1 hat.

I'm not clear on how exactly it's supposed to happen.. You go in, select the moogle as though your'e going to check out your safe or delivery box like normal and it just says to you that it found a gift under the tree and doesn't know who it's from?

If that's the case, then I don't know what's wrong, because that just ain't happening for me.

Wierd.
--- Shanree ---
Race: Mithra
Jobs: Monk; Samurai; Warrior
Server: Pandemonium
Self-Appointed "Reckless Ravager of Rarabs"
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Since I have not the +1 version I am shamed by all my "friends."
Lupine
Kitten

Post by Lupine »

Okay, I got the +1 hat and I know what (I believe) did the trick..

Someone else mentioned it in here, but I'll reiterrate just in case..

It turns out that no matter how many hats I passed out to how many children, bought or the "free" ones, I never got the surprise gift.

However, if you give one of the free "rare" gifts to each of the three children you first retrieved the letters from, *that* does the trick. I did this and as soon as I went back to my mog house, voila. There it was. Didn't even have to wait until the end of the game day or whatever.

Of course, now that it's Christmas and the event will be over soon, not sure how many will, or haven't already, get the hat.. but if it helps anyone, then it was worth posting. :-)

Take care!
--- Shanree ---
Race: Mithra
Jobs: Monk; Samurai; Warrior
Server: Pandemonium
Self-Appointed "Reckless Ravager of Rarabs"
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Here is where I found the simplest information on the X-mas event:

Somepage

Just look in the main center Final Fantasy XI News Headlines part and it's under the title Get Your Santa Hat! Very easy, very simple.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Xmas hats!

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо