A Zone Map of Vana'diel

Syine
Tomcat

A Zone Map of Vana'diel

Post by Syine »

I saw someone on another board inquiring about zone map of Vanadiel. While there are plenty of world maps and individual area maps, there are none that really provide the intermediate view of how they all connect. And having wanted one myself, I set to doing so. This is the result. Please let me know if you find any inaccuracies, incorrect spellings, or missing connections: http://www.europa.com/~bouchert/vanadiel.gif I'd prefer if you kept the spread of this map on a person-to-person basis for the time...no posting to other public boards...I don't want to bust my web quota or get this incomplete map into too many hands.

A few notes:

* Not all connections may be strictly on the correct side of the zone, especially if the zone is irregularly shaped, multi-levelled, or if the connections are obvious and my space in that part of the map was limited.

* Not all entrances to a zone provide access to all exits from a zone. For example, the connection between King Ranperre's Tomb and the small isolated corner in Jugner Forest.

* I have tried to mark all connections that I am aware of being one-way with an arrow, meaning either you can't go into the zone the other way, or that once you've gone in, you can't go much further. Let me know if you know otherwise.

* I do not know how to reach Tu'Lia, nor how La'Loff Amphitheater or the Celestial Nexus connect to the other zones in the region. Please let me know if you have any idea.
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Wow, nice job Syine :)
That'll be quite helpful
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Looks pretty good Syine. Only thing I don't get is how you get to Kazham. Do you really get there by way of the Airship to Jeuno?
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Syine
Tomcat

Post by Syine »

Yep. It's the only way I know of.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Nice find Syine! I know that it will be very useful :wink:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Swipe
Housecat

Post by Swipe »

not sure what that pic is, as I cant view it at work (my circumventor is offline :() but I do have an awesome world zone map that I have been meaning to get onto crystalrecipes. I think I'll do that now, and will drop the details here when it is completed. It was done by Duuude007 and took him a lot of time to make.. and he's been after me to get ym stuff updated there anyway... so... might as well :?

-Swipe
[size=92]~ Swipe ~ World of Midgardsormr ~ Rank 5 in the legions of Windurst ~[/size]
[img]http://www.crystalrecipies.com/qd/Badgercub/New_swipe_sig.jpg[/img]
Swipe
Housecat

Post by Swipe »

Oh yea... I had forgotten about this... :oops:

Just browsin' through older posts and came across this one... well, instead of getting around to it... I'll just do it now :D

Here it is! (776 KB)

—Swipe
[size=92]~ Swipe ~ World of Midgardsormr ~ Rank 5 in the legions of Windurst ~[/size]
Syine
Tomcat

Post by Syine »

Very nice. Not perfect for navigation, but nice for framing! :)
Swipe
Housecat

Post by Swipe »

No... not perfect for navigation.

It seems if people are not familar with the general continental layout, this won't be of much help. I think some marking of areas is in order... but that's certainly too large of a task for me to deal with right now. So, for now I will also add the map duuude gave me to post. It looks cluttery, but at least marks all the towns, cities, dungeons and such with their relative location to the Vana'diel continents. Eventually we'll come up with something more dynamic that will be useful in both aspects for navigation and physical location. (navigation being like the link you posted above, physical location being the maps and how they are tied together, so even if the player has no map of the area, can base their general location on map landmaks such as crags, mountains, or fissures... and if they are heading in the right direction {N, E, S, W.})

In short.. your file offers general direction, this offers general physical location. Both useful, but both lacking what the other has to offer. In all, I think they make a good pair for this post :P

—Swipe
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: A Zone Map of Vana'diel

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: A Zone Map of Vana'diel

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт