Heya^^

A place to talk about... anything!
Toren
Tomcat

Heya^^

Post by Toren »

Just wanted to day i may be leaving FFXI for good catz ; ;
My smn has been stuck at lvl 52 for months, cant get pt's without fenrir but cant find a pt for fenrir ; ;
Ive lvl'd 3 jobs into the 30 while waiting, but i really want to do SMN

Im taking a few days off may be back after expansion if not then i'll just end it here

Any items that i need to send ill send b4 i go forgood dont worry

kk^^ cya catz
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

I hate it when players are anal they refuse to party with you because you don't have some rare/hard to get item/spell. :x
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I hate it when players are anal they refuse to party with you because you don't have some rare/hard to get item/spell.
AGREED!
Fayin
Feral Cat

Re: Heya^^

Post by Fayin »

Toren wrote:My smn has been stuck at lvl 52 for months, cant get pt's without fenrir but cant find a pt for fenrir ; ;
Are people that stupid? I mean really? Won't invite cause you don't have Fenrir? That's just so...
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

There are some other cats in the LS that need Fenrir. Ziada, Sigyn, and Ishe are looking for Fenrir I believe. Toss in a tank (*cough*Thundercrakcer*cough*) and a damage dealer, and you guys might be able to take him down. I saw a video on Allakhazam where 5 Summoners and a NIN tank took down Fenrir (I believe Yag drinks, ethers, and lots of Leviathan action was involved).
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

unfortunatly sivara, its not that easy. you can outlvl the other prime avatars, and thats what i did and they were a breeze. however fenrir is like lvl 80, you cant outlvl him, therefor unless your something out of this world, a party before lvl 65 doesnt stand a chance. if your 70 youl still have major problems, and even if your party lvl is all 75 it is still going to be far from a cake walk.
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

I wasn't saying anything about "outleveling." :? I was just listing some of the people who might be interested in Fenrir, and could possibly help put a group together. I don't know much about Fenrir, but I wanted to at least give Toren some leads.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I need Fen-fen and all teh other avatars
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I've heard of a static party of 72 just being ripped to shreads by Fenrir. It's something that's simply out of MithraPride's ability right now. :(
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

fenrir isnt a cakewalk, he is a hnm, and expecting people to have him to exp is just wrong. its like expecting a person to have the crazy rare/ex items that drop off of hnm's to party with. fenrir isnt necessary, its nice but not necessary. mainly because unless you have a lvl 75 char, your not going to have fenrir.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

In a related note... I am interested in doing avatar runs with my black mage, if anyone should need me. I only need Leviathan, but I can do any of the six to help others.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Nivez wrote:fenrir isnt a cakewalk, he is a hnm, and expecting people to have him to exp is just wrong. its like expecting a person to have the crazy rare/ex items that drop off of hnm's to party with. fenrir isnt necessary, its nice but not necessary. mainly because unless you have a lvl 75 char, your not going to have fenrir.
Not to mention that people camp him 24/7 just for his items alone and not to get the avatar. It makes him really tough to get.
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

fenrir isnt a cakewalk, he is a hnm, and expecting people to have him to exp is just wrong. its like expecting a person to have the crazy rare/ex items that drop off of hnm's to party with. fenrir isnt necessary, its nice but not necessary. mainly because unless you have a lvl 75 char, your not going to have fenrir.
Good point.

Yeah, the elitism in the game annoys me. Some items are must-haves, and some just set you apart from the competition. I really hate how some people are shunned just because they don't have certain things, especially if those things are million-gil pieces that give you a slight increase in stats.

Someone on Allakhazam said that a person in the Dunes told their Mithra girlfriend to get two Astral Rings because she would be a "trash" WHM without them. We have great MP pools. Do we NEED Astral Rings? No.

It's also important to remember that the spiffy goods don't make you a good player. They can't make up for a lack of skill or a terrible attitude. For example, I partied with a friend in Altepa the other night, and our tank was a WAR in full fancy-gear-with-the-German-name (including a few +1 pieces). He sucked. He couldn't comprehend basic SATA. :x To top it off, he griped and moaned about the other party members, even though things were running smoothly with very little downtime.
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

Not as exclusive as Fenrir, but i've got a similar story from my time as Rrred Mage.

The hardest time getting my RDM into parties was in Crawler's nest. the first question out of everyone's mouths was "do you have Dispel?" Now, RDM was my first job to 30, but i'd switched over to Thief/ninja to continue past 30. When i decided to go back to RDM (lack of invites to BCNM40s is a big downer) I had like, no, and I mean NO, money for spells. I wasn't getting into BCNM40s either with my thief, so that route was out. Most of my gear could carry over from thief to redmage, but I was very far behind on spells. Never bothered with Gravity or Any of the bar spells.

Sorry, short story's become long... anyway i sold off almost every single bit of gear for my subjobs. My Daisho sold, my shinobi gatanas went away, my power gi, my burning greataxe, Royal Archer's longbow, lizard armor, everything... all in all i raised 70K! 15K short of what i needed to buy it for at the windy magic exchange.

Later, after much moping and a search through alakazham, I found out that I could run out to Rabao for it as well, and I guess since my bastok fame was that much higher I was able to buy it there for 69300 gil. After that the invites just kept rolling in.

So, either give in to the peer pressure or do what needs to be done. OR get a set party that'll understand that you need some time to recover. :)

Personally, i never want to be a summoner. Either you get pigeonholed into WHM mode, and your summons sit unsummoned, or you get predujice like this.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru