SMN tips.

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

SMN tips.

Post by Fiye »

Alright. Now that I've pretty much settled upon WHM75. I need to ask a few things about SMN.

Currently, my SMN is at level14 (or 16. Dunno which) and I need to figure out how to manage it. Though. I have a few questions.

A.) Should I get fenrir, even if I'm only taking SMN to 37. And if so, when will it become useful. I know it gets an AoE Dispel (Two buffs dispelled) at about 32, but before then is their any use except E-peen size?

B.) Does the same go with Diabolos?

c.) Any special equipment I should know about?

As far as that goes. Thats it. I can figure out what spells to use and how to buff my members using the spell list from ffxiclopedia.org. Can't wait to get my hands on a Noble's Tunic/Body Relic and SMN innate MP regen.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Carby Mitts are cool and I'd go ahead and get Fenrir and Diabolos simply because if you decide to take SMN to 75 later they will be useful.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Okuza
Feral Cat

Re: SMN tips.

Post by Okuza »

Fiye wrote:A.) Should I get fenrir, even if I'm only taking SMN to 37. And if so, when will it become useful. I know it gets an AoE Dispel (Two buffs dispelled) at about 32, but before then is their any use except E-peen size?
Fenrir is by far the best summons for low level xp. I used to summon him and run up and down inside the tunnel in Giddeus while he killed everything for me. It wasn't a lot of xp per kill, but damn it was a TON of xp per hour for solo'ing (like 5k/h down at level 10'ish). He's got great melee output.

Later on, he has some really nice buffs. If there's more than one SMN in your party, you run out of nice buffs for folks if you lack fenrir.
B.) Does the same go with Diabolos?
Diabolos is the premier summons for DD. Pretty much unresistable *ranged* DD. It's the only DD a lot of high level summoners use. Some still go back to Leviathan now and then, which is a tad better (if it hits). Also, the phalax-like buff it has is invaluable for many fights.
c.) Any special equipment I should know about?
Other than carby mitts and Yinyang robe, which I'm sure you know about, the only special stuff comes at level 50 with the SMN jse items.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: SMN tips.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting