Multiple Crafting guides and Faqs

Kitkat
Kitten

Multiple Crafting guides and Faqs

Post by Kitkat »

Allakhazam's link to various crafting guides and Faq's

I find this to be VERY helpful for any craft.

Maybe we can find a good place to Sticky this link :lol: 8) :)
[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/ThriceQ/kitkat_01.jpg[/img]

[b]75Drg[/b] / 75War / 70 Thf
100+3 Bonecraft- Relic Lance lvl 3
CoP-Done! Zilart-Done!
Maxed Merit on Drg
Kitkat
Kitten

Post by Kitkat »

Just for fun, here is a site that lists almost every possible Title, and where you can go to change BACK into that title 8)

Title List

CoP-Done! Zilart-Done!
Maxed Merit on Drg
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Re: Multiple Crafting guides and Faqs

Post by Dukuji »

I've used this post on numerous occasions and I've found it very useful. Just keep in mind that most (if not all) of the guides were written before many of the patches and may have information that may not apply since the patch of blah-blah-blah. But otherwise a very good place for crafting information.

I like the title spreadsheet too. Accomplished Blacksmith eh? Hmmm . . .

Thanks Kitkat!
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Why don't we make our own FAQs and stuff? Everyone chants "Allakhazam" when they want info and I KNOW we can do better that they ever could.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

I have lots and lots of data on crafting, the problem is that I have no HTML skills to add them to a web page. :(
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Then it's time we combine forces. If you can toss them into a Word document or something I can code them up. Course, all of this is with permission of the site admins.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Surrre, I'll get to compiling it. :)
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Kopopo wrote:Why don't we make our own FAQs and stuff? Everyone chants "Allakhazam" when they want info and I KNOW we can do better that they ever could.
Hmmm . . . your ideas intrigue me; I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. An Alla-free website would be nice. I was wondering though, Kopopo, what exactly (if anything, as it is a new idea) did you have in mind? Some of my thoughts would be to have a section, or a fairly large post, maintained by an individual, with a list of helpful sites and links on specific topics and guides. This would, of course, mean that we would be referring to sites like Alla. :stare: Another option would be to have a section of originally written guides on this or that. These could be guides written by MP members that compile the best of the guides out there. Maybe we could even get a section in the banner bar named Guides or something.

I guess my main concern with this, is that we just can’t start posting other peoples work on this site without any regard to whether or not the author wished to have his/her work posted on another site. The worst case of this would be to have guides plagiarized or not giving proper credit and acknowledgements. The former case, above all else, could quickly bring a lot of negative feelings to this site and devastate the reverence many people have for this place. (People come up to me all the time in game to tell me what a great site this is and how they use it all the time.) As a person who has had written material stolen there is nothing more frustrating as seeing your work posted someplace without your premission and without any mention of you or in the extreme cases seeing another persons name on something you spent so many hours on. There are several guides and posts that I use and find very helpful but I refrain from posting them in their full due to the fact that those guides and posts do not belong to me and posting them here would potentially violate the will and desires of the author(s).

Oh, sorry for the rant . . . :oops:
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Kitkat
Kitten

Post by Kitkat »

Count me in! Maybe we can get a panel together to try and get this thing rolling. Tigerrlilys@yahoo.com Get in touch!

CoP-Done! Zilart-Done!
Maxed Merit on Drg
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I'm talking all original here. If you need to refer to another guide or two just to check your facts that's fine.

If there are submissions you'd like to make you can do that here.

name: mithrapride
pass: datkat
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Kopopo wrote:I'm talking all original here. If you need to refer to another guide or two just to check your facts that's fine.

If there are submissions you'd like to make you can do that here.

name: mithrapride
pass: datkat
Ooo, all original guides, none of that Alla recycled garbage. I'm in! :D

*Goes and gets her favorite pen and notepad, but then remembers that she's illiterate*

Hmmm . . .
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

/comfort Dukuji

I guess it's hard learning to read...with..all..this.....yarn...aroun....MINE!

/em dives for a ball of yarn
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Lothiriel
Kitten

Post by Lothiriel »

I can make a guide or two on the crafts I've been working on, if there is enough demand for it. I've noticed that a lot of the guides on allakhazam are pretty out of date... for example:

If you make your own silk thread it will only cost 27k for a stack of cloth! NPC sellback price for green ribbons is a little over 2k, so that's break even!!

..ignoring the fact the you can only buy 3-4 cocoons per day due to guild camping, and that this figure doesn't take into account crystal costs or breaks... generally a lot of miscalculations due to inflation. What's really bad is the fact that the entire economy is inflating, yet NPC sellback prices remain the same. So a green ribbon marathon for clothcraft 53 to 60, which cost maybe 100k a year ago (due to lower silk AH prices and less competition at the guild stores), now runs closer to 400k. And that makes kittens cry. :cry:
[img]http://rikku.as.arizona.edu/~mgraham/personal/images/sig.jpg[/img]
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Lothiriel wrote:I've noticed that a lot of the guides on allakhazam are pretty out of date...
So, so true. Looking over many guides I've noticed that alot of them are grossly outdated. The smithing (B and G) guides are just as bad. The big rusty item nerf has completely altered levels 25-34 in the Blacksmithing world. The parts that say, "This part will be cheap," end up being very expensive and the parts that say, "This part is tough," tend to be outragous. Which, like you said Lothiriel, makes kittens cry and we will have none of that. No ma'am.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

How to save loads of Gil on weaving.

Spend lots of time harvesting.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

unfortunately, that applies to most crafts...and that's the problem...for instance, when i want to go skill up cooking, I have to either stock up on all the materials myself, or buy them from vendors (cooking is a little different in that some ingredients you need can't be dropped). This makes synthing up a pain because if you run out of materials, you're done. Unless you feel like going to farm materials again...
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Tsybil wrote:How to save loads of Gil on weaving.

Spend lots of time harvesting.
Well, saving money, yes but, one needs to evaluate the time verses cost analysis of gathering your own materials. It may be more beneficial to do something else with your time. (Note: Now, I'm not a weaver so I'm unsure how harvesting effects that craft.) On an average mining run I make about 20k an hour. Now let’s say that I want to make Bast Parchment, to make the almightily Shihei. The main ingredient of the parchment is elm logs that come from the orc outpost (or you can fight the bots at the guild shop). On a normal logging run there I make about 11k an hour (if I sell everything). So, here is a case that we can clearly see that harvesting my own elm logs is a waste of time. I’m better off to go mine, sell my ores and ingots, and then buy elm logs with my money. Saved time, saved money.
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

ooh! i'm about to start making shihei for my ninja too! how do u make those bast parchments? is it cheaper to make them than to just buy them?
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

It's cheaper to buy the bast parchement frrrom Norg. Don't even bother with the elm logs.
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

er....ok, thanks i guess i'll just have to lvl whm up to 20 for sneak so i can survive sea serpent grotto...AND lvl summoner to sub onto whm :? currently whm 12 smn 6
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Aony, or just take a jug of silent oil with ya. Works for me.
Lothiriel
Kitten

Post by Lothiriel »

Bast Parchment in Norg is 800-1000 gil depending on your fame (9.6k-12k a stack). You can get Elm Logs for under 5k from the woodworking guild in Sandy. I think they sell one log per day. The problem is you'll have to beat Kkon to it... he's a smelly Elvaan that camps the guild and makes Shihei 24/7 it seems like. Anyway, if you can get a log for that, its cheaper than buying the parchment in Norg. Or you can go log the outpost for half an hour and get one or two Elms that way.
[img]http://rikku.as.arizona.edu/~mgraham/personal/images/sig.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru