synth

sheenia
Kitten

synth

Post by sheenia »

i would like to put togeather a synth faq guide, but i need a little help. if you would like to help me, tell me all the synth combinations you know of, and the more posts i get, the better the list. we all will gain from this one. thanx in advance.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Gotta be more specific ^^

I can recommend the person to talk to for cooking, but bear in mind there are or synthesis trades out there so the job you plan to undertake will NOT be easy.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Not to rain on your parade and all, but you're kinda wasting your time.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/ ... afting.txt
It's already done, and well might I add. Also there is http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/ ... ecipes.txt as well as ffxi.allakazam.com or something...

Something we should do, though, is get together people who have extensive experince in certain trades and get them together as a group of guru's that will answer questions not answered in already made faq's.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

We need an MP FAQ
sheenia
Kitten

thanx

Post by sheenia »

thanx for letting me know about the location of those lists, i looked all over the internet and was unable to find anything..... i guess i was looking in all the wrong places.... thanx again.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Du rien, my friend. It's nothing. Gamefaqs.com people, for all your gaming needs. They have FAQ's on alot of stuff for FFXI. At the very least, take a look at some of their job FAQ's. Good stuff, I tell ya what...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Catsby
Kitten

Post by Catsby »

i have a question about synthesis. im at 64 in woodworking and its taking weeks to get only 1 level now. do skill ups become less and less frequent as you pass 60? at this rate im never going to get to artisan.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Catsby wrote:i have a question about synthesis. im at 64 in woodworking and its taking weeks to get only 1 level now. do skill ups become less and less frequent as you pass 60? at this rate im never going to get to artisan.
Yes.

/sigh
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

I have a question of my own about synthesis. My two main crafting guilds (I'm actually in all of them just do these two most of the time) are weaving: 19 skill, and carpentering: 14 skill. From here i need some cheap, effective, skill-raising yet still money-making resipies. Here is what i have so far to get up a few more points that i want recipies for afterwards:

Weaving: yagudo fletchings till 21, sells in sandy for about 1k per stack, very cheap materials

Carpenter: Holy Bolts till about 16-18 cant remember off the top of my head. sell about 4k in stack i believe. good profit.

They are very good, but i am reaching the skill cap for them and need something else to get my skill up. :( Please help me out.
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Lothiriel
Kitten

Post by Lothiriel »

Here's what I did:

Clothcraft:
Linen Thread (cap20) 12-->19 (medium profit)
Linen Cloth (cap22) 19-->21 (small profit)
Moblinweave (cap23) 21-->22 (medium profit)
Fly Lure (cap30) 22-->29 (I NPCed all these for a huge loss)
Wool Thread (cap 35) 29-->34 (small profit)
Wool Cloth (cap37) 34-->35 (break even)
Bird Fletchlings (cap42) 35-->41 (pretty big loss)

I plan on doing Insect Fletchlings next to 51, then Silk Cloth to 53, then Green Ribbon to 60.

Woodworking:
Maple Table (cap17) 14-->16 (bazaared and AHed for break even)
Maple Sugar (cap21) 16-->21 (AHed for small loss)
Silver Arrows (cap30) 21-->29 (painful, you can bridge to 22 with yew, break even)
Beetle Arrows (cap39) 29-->38 (also painful, cheaper than silver though, and about break even)
Fang Arrows (cap42) 38-->41 (about break even)
Horn Arrows (cap49) 41-->49 (about break even)
Scorpion Arrows (cap 59) 49-->59 (another nasty gap, but these also break even)

Going to do Darksteel Bolts to 60 and probably leave it there. As you can see, if you AH all your arrows leveling woodworking is pretty much free, minus breaks (or at least it was when I did it). But breaks can amount to a pretty big gil sink because of large skill gaps between arrow recipes.
[img]http://rikku.as.arizona.edu/~mgraham/personal/images/sig.jpg[/img]
Sickazz
Kitten

Post by Sickazz »

Not sure if theres any fishers here but i have a question. Ive been stuck at 11 fishing for the longest time, and im wondering what to fish now. Ive made a slow amount of gil off of moat carps. Im using a carbon rod + insect paste and have all the fishing armor. Im going to buy a composite rod soon as well since i heard it better. But if anyone has any info of where to fish at 11 skill, id be greatly appreciated. Thank you 8)
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Sickazz wrote:Not sure if theres any fishers here but i have a question. Ive been stuck at 11 fishing for the longest time, and im wondering what to fish now. Ive made a slow amount of gil off of moat carps. Im using a carbon rod + insect paste and have all the fishing armor. Im going to buy a composite rod soon as well since i heard it better. But if anyone has any info of where to fish at 11 skill, id be greatly appreciated. Thank you 8)
Well, here's what I did. Bought a fly lure (well, two but I never lost the first) took my carbon rod and went out to E. Ron and fished up Salmon and Trout. Got pretty good skill ups.

Here is a very good fishing database: Clanwind Fishing Database
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

I'm looking to skill-up Goldsmithing... I was wondering if anyone had any tips for fast ways up the Goldsmithing ranks? I'm only at Goldsmithing 1 right now, just because it takes a while to gather fire crystals and Copper Ore (I can't really buy them now because I need money for gear! :( ) So, when I can, I have been synthing Copper Ingots and Copper Rings. Not sure how far that will take me though, so I was hoping some other kitty knew the best way to do it. :)
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

San d'Oria, San d'Oria, San d'Oria. For goldsmithing, that is the BEST thing for early levels if you ask me. Ghelsba = Stacks of crystals plus a small tip of gil. San d'Oria = (Often) cheap zinc and goldsmithing stuff. Plus, not as much competition.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Josiejo wrote:... I was wondering if anyone had any tips for fast ways up the Goldsmithing ranks? I'm only at Goldsmithing 1 right now, just because it takes a while to gather fire crystals and Copper Ore... So, when I can, I have been synthing Copper Ingots and Copper Rings. Not sure how far that will take me though, so I was hoping some other kitty knew the best way to do it. :)
At the Guilds, copper ore goes for 9 - 20 Gil. Farm Fire crystals, buy Copper Ore at either Blacksmith Guild or the Goldsmith guild, and make copper Ingots. When they run out of skillups, level 3, you can either use Wind to make them into hairpins and Lightning to make the hairpins into ingots or you can sell them and start making Brass Ingots, level cap 9. Both kinds of Ingots sell at a small profit.

Try mining. Ore and income both.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sickazz wrote:Not sure if theres any fishers here but i have a question. Ive been stuck at 11 fishing for the longest time, and im wondering what to fish now. Ive made a slow amount of gil off of moat carps. Im using a carbon rod + insect paste and have all the fishing armor. Im going to buy a composite rod soon as well since i heard it better. But if anyone has any info of where to fish at 11 skill, id be greatly appreciated. Thank you 8)
As well as Ronfarue and its rivers, you can take that Fly lure to the industrial waste water in Bastok Mines and fish for copper frogs, skill cap 14 IIRC.

I prefer the Mithran Rod :D (Natch). It is the most flexible of the big fish rods and looses fewer catches to "to small" It is almost industructable, Fishing 8 - 31 I only broke three, and two were on the boat. They ocasionaly sell for more broken than whole.

mokitty
Kitten

Post by mokitty »

For fishing at 11, I'd recommend Quus. You can fish them up in all sorts of saltwater, including that in Port Windurst. They bite on a Sabiki rig (although less frequently than Bastore Sardines, so if you follow this advice be prepared to pull up a lot of those Sardines), so you can save some significant money on bait. I also recommend a Mithran Fishing Rod for the same reasons Tsybil gave.

The trick with 11 is just to get over that hump to 12. At that point you can target your Moat Carp fishing in an area where you will also catch Tri-Colored Carps, such as North or Port San D'oria, for the skillups (TriCarps cap at around 27). During my own fishing adventures, I also used that time to increase my cooking skill a little, since in many of the areas you catch Carps there's also the potential to pull up Crayfish (if you use the less expensive Little Worms for bait) which can be sliced or cooked up with some water and salt to give you a couple of skillups. Of course, if you choose to use Little Worms your progress is likely to be a little slower.

On the flip side, if you're not interested in money or turning in Moat Carps towards a Lu Shang's Rod, you can always just grab a Fly Lure or Two and head down to the rivers in East Ronfaure. There you'll find Cheval Salmons (cap around 20 or so) and Shining Trouts (you won't catch them reliably until around 20 but they can carry you to around 35). TriCarps are also present in that river but there are no Moat Carps there.

In any case I hope that helps, and good luck on your own fishing adventure!

-mo
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

Josiejo wrote:I'm looking to skill-up Goldsmithing... I was wondering if anyone had any tips for fast ways up the Goldsmithing ranks? I'm only at Goldsmithing 1 right now, just because it takes a while to gather fire crystals and Copper Ore (I can't really buy them now because I need money for gear! :( ) So, when I can, I have been synthing Copper Ingots and Copper Rings. Not sure how far that will take me though, so I was hoping some other kitty knew the best way to do it. :)
Ok, a bit of my tips and things from what my dad does(he does goldsmithing too) He does gardening to get his fire crystals(see gardening FAQ for best way) and kill whatever native to your city drops fire (windurst+bastok=birds, sandy=orcs, all=goblins) Kill worms for your ore. Of course, stay in your home city so you can check your plants for the crystals, each city has worms nearby. Windurst has caves in giddeus, and San d'oria and Bastok have worms right outside their gates.

nice avatar and signature picture by the way :thumb:
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: synth

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: synth

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо