Why I play FFXI and not WoW

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Why I play FFXI and not WoW

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Ok ok I know what your thinking. Why would he post this right? Yeah I know it will most likely result in flame and all. But I want to express my opinion. If any of you administrators don't like this, then go ahead and lock this thread.

*Clear throat*

I play FFXI and not WoW for two really good reasons. And that is: I actually enjoy playing a game with a challenge. And two In WoW if you get tired of your job what do you have to do? You have to buy another friggin char. FFXI I get tired of one job, MH Ftw!!!!
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Re: Why I play FFXI and not WoW

Post by Ambrey »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Ok ok I know what your thinking. Why would he post this right? Yeah I know it will most likely result in flame and all. But I want to express my opinion. If any of you administrators don't like this, then go ahead and lock this thread.

*Clear throat*

I play FFXI and not WoW for two really good reasons. And that is: I actually enjoy playing a game with a challenge. And two In WoW if you get tired of your job what do you have to do? You have to buy another friggin char. FFXI I get tired of one job, MH Ftw!!!!
When you get tired of your job in WoW you dont have to buy another character, you can make another lol. You can make up to like 9 characters on a server (think its 9, not sure tho). But theyre free! FFXI you pay $1 per content ID.

As for me, the reason I still play FFXI is because of how good of friends I have made on here over the time I have played, that and I have always been a fan of the FF series. ^^
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

I never bothered with WoW. My original plan was to wait a few months and see how it did. I had a lot of FFXI friends that jumped ship for WoW and I thought about going too. That is, until all my friends came back several months down the road saying they liked FFXI better because WoW was too easy, so I thought, "If everyone I know that started playing WoW is saying that and coming back, why bother?". So I never did. I can't say anything good or bad about it, but I guess I can't miss anything I never had.
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Why I don't play WoW.

I would rather be a catgirl than a she troll or a cow.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Tsybil wrote:Why I don't play WoW.

I would rather be a catgirl than a she troll or a cow.
me too :lol:
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Dont knock something you've never personally tried, just cause all the people you know dont like it doesnt mean you wont. :P
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Ambrey wrote:Dont knock something you've never personally tried, just cause all the people you know dont like it doesnt mean you wont. :P
I prefer FFXI's style of play. I feel like I earn my levels and AF.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Susannah
Tomcat

Post by Susannah »

I still play both.
WoW is easy, people are jerks, and I can get rich really quick.
FFXI is hard, there's no soloability, people are jerks, i'm broke.
I enjoy FFXI's jobs and storyline, WoW doesn't have a storyline that I can see. It's quest quest quest kill 500 of a certain mob to get some quest item.
The controls are simpler on FFXI, I do wish they'd add more animations for some emotes.
Seraph Server. Pirate leader of the SkeletonCrew.
August 5, 1958 - May 10, 2006
You never know how much your parents mean to you, until they're gone away. Cherish your time spent, for it may all disappear tomorrow. I miss you momma.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Susannah wrote: The controls are simpler on FFXI, I do wish they'd add more animations for some emotes.
{/Dance} Emote... {Yes. Please!}
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Susannah wrote:I still play both.
WoW is easy, people are jerks, and I can get rich really quick.
FFXI is hard, there's no soloability, people are jerks, i'm broke.
I enjoy FFXI's jobs and storyline, WoW doesn't have a storyline that I can see. It's quest quest quest kill 500 of a certain mob to get some quest item.
The controls are simpler on FFXI, I do wish they'd add more animations for some emotes.
FFXI's controls are easier than WoW's??? lmao how is that possible? WoW has the easiest to learn interface I have ever seen. And the story line is good if you read your quests and paid attention. Missions in FFXI take so long to get finished by the time you finish a missiion you forget wtf was going on lol.

And yes people are jerks in both games. I see more e-penis going on in FFXI tho than anywhere, specially amongst the HNM/end game ls'. At least everyone in WoW has a chance to get into end game stuff regardless of your job. FFXI end game is so mage dependant that unless ur melee job already has a 75 mage job, most HNM ls' wont take you, let alone you wont be getting some of the abj's for ur end game equipment unless you can get into the HNM ls' that bot and actually hunt kings... :P

SE fails: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=13168063

(sorry, I just had to say that lol, hope I didnt offend anyone ^^)
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Ambrey wrote:SE fails: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=13168063

Once again I point out the fact that the rating that was given to SE was way before FFXI was even out so it serves no merit with FFXI.
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I just find it funny how some people, in forums and inside the game say how much they hate and loathe SE and FFXI. Yet they continue to play. Addiction is one thing, but when you outright hate something, then its best to just stop playing. Me ive hit that little "Im almost lvl 70 and I cant stand my job no mores" snag and I started to wonder why i even play FFXI. Why not WoW. But I realized, I have friends on the game, I love being challenged (yes its annoying as hell camping mobs but soo satisfying once you get the drop) and I love how people are A-holes in the game.

-Music stops with a scritch-

Whoa whoa. I know what your thinking. Why would you love people who are A-holes in the game. Simply because if everyone was buddy buddy, then you would have nobody to make fun of, piss off by stealing thier mobs. It would generally be a little less fun. And true, even though alot of JP play the game, I still enjoy how people from the UK are in my time zone. How players from germany, Asia, Japan, and america all play FFXI. I even have some best freinds from Australia and Korea.

Generally said, So what if it JP get more info about the game. What difference does it truly make? Hell the worst "Noobs" ive ever seen are JP's. Some of the worst "Newbs" are JP. I had to slap the hell out of a lvl 66 war for not provoking when he was supposed to. So lack of info w/e. Im still a uber Red Mage, and Im still getting everything I need done to finish the game with my dream gear.

Last note is this. True FFXI doesn't have as many players as Wow. But the players I know, vow to stick with the game until either SE shuts down the servers, or they have no friends left. Just lets you know that people do enjoy the game enough to spend years and years of gameplay. :lol:
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Nekole
Kitten

Post by Nekole »

SE fails: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=13168063

They get rated down for every time they don't give in to the complaint and change the desicion in favor of the complaintant. if you look at the numbers only 119 complaints have been filed in the last 36 months out of the thousands that play FFXI. ...and how many of those complaints are even relates to FFXI? Please FULLY research your "facts" before presenting them in support of your argument. Even if I were to assume that all 199 complaints were FFXI related I read it as SE was given an F rating becuase they got sick of banning people for ToS violations and having them whine to the BBB.

Personally I think the BBB is a joke, and not a very good one. Just because they give a company a good rating doesn't mean they are a good company and there are several good companies with not so good ratings because they don't give in just because the BBB says they should. If a customer is wrong and breaks contrat why should the company be liable?
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Nekole.png[/img][/url]
[color=red]San d'Oria Rank 7[/color]
[color=indigo]69 PLD, 60 DRG, 49 SAM, 43 WHM, 39 WAR, 35 THF, 33 BLU, 30 PUP, 24 NIN, 21 MNK, 21 SMN, 20 BLM, 8 RDM, 8 COR, 2 RNG, 1 DRK, 1 BRD, 1 BST[/color]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Also, SE is a Japanese company and the BBB is an American Not-for-profit institution.

Its like getting mad at the United Auto Workers union because your Toyota breaks down.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

That and the fact that the BBB didn't update that page since 2002.
BBB Created Record on: 2/21/2002
The 36 months in question was before the logged report in 2002.
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Nekole wrote: Personally I think the BBB is a joke, and not a very good one.
It is also a grass roots lobbying tool for the Republican Party. It has about as much bearing on FFXI in this capacity as in any other of its functions.
Keavy wrote: Its like getting mad at the United Auto Workers union because your Toyota breaks down.
Not that far fetched. All Toyota plants in the US are non union, so if something negative happens with a US built Toyota, an unreasonable person or a Rush fan could blame it on the UAW.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Why I play FFXI and not WoW

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт