Merit Point Additions!

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Merit Point Additions!

Post by Sugami »

Can see it here or look below as I copied it from the webpage but the url has a pic :P
Merit Point Additions(07/22/2006)With the upcoming merit point additions, you will be able to improve your character even further with all-new abilities and spells in the existing 15 job categories.
Merit point job categories will also become available for blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.

Merit Point Categories
The existing 15 job categories will be improved to allow players the opportunity to further customize their level 75 characters with unique abilities.
These improved categories will include 4 to 8 abilities for each job. Depending on the distribution of merit points, it will be possible for players to access multiple new abilities.
Check out the upcoming version update news for what's in store.

- Subcategories
The 15 existing job categories will be divided into subcategories. Group 1 will include conventional abilities, while Group 2 will include the new job abilities, job traits, and spells.

- Accessing New Abilities
You can access Group 2 abilities by spending 1 point on the ability you wish to learn. Additional points spent on the same ability will shorten the recast time or enhance the effect (refer to the help text for each ability to learn the specific bonus).
Lowering the number of merit points in an ability to zero will cause it to disappear from your ability list.

- Ability Point Maximums
The Group 1 and Group 2 subcategories have separate totals for the maximum number of possible ability increases. Spending merit points to improve conventional abilities will not affect the acquisition of the new abilities.

Merit Points for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters
In the upcoming version update, merit point job categories will be added for the three new jobs introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc.
These categories will initially contain only the Group 1 subcategory, allowing players to improve the basic abilities for these jobs.
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

firstly: I wanted to post that

secondly: I wonder what new abilitys RDM can get now, not that I'm anywhere near meriting anything, I'm still only lvl 58, not even halfway there
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I wonder if WHM will be able to Merit the ability to Teleport to Aht Urghan?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Keavy wrote:I wonder if WHM will be able to Merit the ability to Teleport to Aht Urghan?
good question
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I've seen the summoner merit additions.

I'm so gonna merit to get those.

As for Teleport Aht Uhrgan for whm, I don't know.
My hopes go out for Protect(ra) & Shell(ra) V, Haste II, Holy II those kind of things :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Teehee I beat Leane to it :P

I hope RDM gets Regen II and Raise II at least >.> Refresh II would be asking too much.

I just know DRG will get shafted again. All the zomgawesomeleet jobs at 75 (WAR, NIN, MNK) will get 8 new things whereas the average jobs no one wants 'cause they're too much of a bigot (DRK, DRG, RNG, PLD) will only get 4 new things making the already overpowered jobs even more overpowered :x
Althaia
Tomcat

Post by Althaia »

Urgh, there needs to be a quest for a Teleport Urghan scroll :P

At least Shirai's prayers for Protectra V and Shellra V were answered. :) And though I wish there could be more for WHM, "Martyr" and "Devotion" sound interesting! (Please, S/E, make them interesting and/or useful! :oops: )
~[url=http://adventuresalthaia.blogspot.com/]Alth Aaiaa: Bio and Music[/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Astragem14/CharGallery/MithraPrideSig.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.bismarckcommunity.com/]Member of the Bismarck Server Community[/url]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Red Mages get:

Dia III
Bio III
Phalanx II
Slow II
Paralyze II
Blind II

/dance No more BLMs writing over my spells. /dance
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

WHM gets:

Protectra V
Shellra V

{All right!}{All right!}{All right!}

No longer only Bahamut uses these buffs {Mine}!!

And a little explaination of meritable JA's and JT's

Abilities

WARRIOR
Warriors Charge: Will Double Your Next Attack
Tomahawk: Expends a throwing tomahawk to inflict a special defense down effect on an enemy

MONK
Mantra: Increases the max HP of party members with area of effect
Formless Strikes: While In effect, melee attacks will not be considered physical damage. no effect on ws's (o.O?)

WHITE MAGE
Martyr: Sacrificies HP to heal a party member double the amount
Devotion: Sacrfices HP to grant a party member the same amount in MP.

THIEF
Assassin's Charge: will triple your next attack (o.O Sneak Attack+Trick Attack+Assassin's Charge+hide+WS=pwnsauce)
Feint: Your enxt attack will greatly reduce an enemy's evasion

PALADIN
Fealty: Grants a powerful resistance to enfeebling magic
Chivalry: Converts TP to MP

DARK KNIGHT
Dark Seal: Enhances the accuracy of your next dark magic spell
Diabolic Eye: Reduces max HP, increases acc (LOL at drk's getting a much needed acc bonus move)

BEASTMASTER
Feral Howl: Terrorizes the target (o.O holy crap, go bsts, makes them useful @ HNMs)
Killer Instinct: Grants your pet's Killer effect to party members within area of effect

BARD
Nightingale: Halves the casting time and recast times of songs
Troubadour: Increases the casting time for songs by 1.5 and doubles the effect. (Divine Seal songs? boosted Mazurka ftw?)

RANGER
Stealth Shot: Your next attack will generate less enmity (use before barrage or ws i guess)
Flashy Shot: Your next attack will generate more enmity and ignore level difference penalties (o.O)

SAMURAI
Shikikoyo: Share TP above 100 with a party member
Blade Bash: Delivers an attack that can stun the target and occasionally cause plague.

DRAGOON
Deep Breathing: Enhances the effect of next wyvern breath (good for healing breath)
Angon: Expends an angon to lower and enemy's defense (wtf is an angon?)

NINJA
Sange: Consumes remaining shadow images to perform a ranged attack

Traits

WARRIOR
Savagery: Adds TP bonus effect to Warcry
Aggressive Aim: Adds ranged accuracy bonus to Aggressor.

MONK
Invigorate: Adds a regen effect when using Chakra
Penance: Adds an effect to Chi Blast that inhibits an enemy's TP accumulation.

THIEF
Aura Steal: Adds a dispel effect to steal. Occasionally absorbs the dispelled effect
Ambush: Grants an accuracy bonus to melee and ranged attacks from behind an enemy.

PALADIN
Iron Will: Adds a spelle interruption down effect to Rampart.
Guardian: Reduces enmity lost while using Sentinel

DARK KNIGHT
Muted Soul: Reduces enmity while using Souleater.
Desperate Blows: Reduces Delay for two-handed weapons while using Last Resort.

BEASTMASTER
Beast Affinity: Increases the level of pets summoned with Call Beast
Beast Healer: Enhances the Regen effect of Reward

RANGER
Snapshot: Reduces the delay for ranged attacks.
Recycle: Occasionally allows ranged attacks without consuming ammunition.

SAMURAI
Ikishoten: Increases amount of TP gained with a Zanshin attack
Overwhelm: Grants an attack Bonus to weapon skills performed face-to-face with an enemy.

NINJA
Ninja Tool Expertise: Occasionally allows the use of ninjutsu without consuming ninja tools.

DRAGOON
Empathy: Copies beneficial status effects to wyvern when using spirit link
Strafe: Increases accuracy of wyvern breath.

(Thank you Dragonmage for posting this on our HNMLS boards.)
Last edited by Shirai on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

An "angon" is a german (throwing) spear.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Merit Point Additions!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Merit Point Additions!

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт