BLU question

A place to talk about... anything!
Kyuiily
Kitten

BLU question

Post by Kyuiily »

whats the quickest way to learning monsters abilities?
DRG40. WHM 30, WAR 24, SMN 20, MNK 10, BLM 20, RDM 7, SAM 22, NIN 14. DNC 20
RSE: 4/4
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Re: BLU question

Post by Keavy »

Kyuiily wrote:whats the quickest way to learning monsters abilities?
Level your Blue Magic Skill. Other than that, its all dumb luck.

Also, if you're within 4 levels of being able to use it you're more likely to learn it.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kyuiily
Kitten

Post by Kyuiily »

I'm level 8 with not one BLU skill aquired yet
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

i feel sorry for you. i'm lvl 6 on blu and i have Footkick, Pollen, Sandpin, Wildoats, and Battle dance (lvl 8 can't use yet)
Charaters: Undine- Caitsith, Shika- Alexander/Unicorn, Celsius- Cerberus

[url=http://www.nationstates.net/windurst1]Visit the ture windurst ^^![/url]

[img]http://test256.free.fr/UN%20Cards/catgirls4hn.jpg[/img]
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Undine wrote:i feel sorry for you. i'm lvl 6 on blu and i have Footkick, Pollen, Sandpin, Wildoats, and Battle dance (lvl 8 can't use yet)
um.. battle dance is a lvl 12 spell
Kyuiily
Kitten

Post by Kyuiily »

do you buy the spells or is it like I read have to learn them from the monsters?
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Leane wrote:
Undine wrote:i feel sorry for you. i'm lvl 6 on blu and i have Footkick, Pollen, Sandpin, Wildoats, and Battle dance (lvl 8 can't use yet)
um.. battle dance is a lvl 12 spell
I learned Feather Storm at level 8.

You can learn a spell 4 levels before you can use it.

I need to level BLU.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Kyuiily wrote:do you buy the spells or is it like I read have to learn them from the monsters?
You learn them from fighting monsters who use them. They have to use it for you to learn it. I have seen some low level BLUs agro a mob and then turn their backs untill a spell is used, then kill the mob. It is said that if you kill the mob within a short time after it uses the spell your odds are better. How short, I don't know.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Put away your weapon and punch it to an inch of its life, will give it more TP and kill it slower. Turn your back and let it beat on you until it does the move you want.
I've heard it gets better later when your magic skill is higher :)
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

the highest distance for learning a spell for me was 10 levels. I learned Bomb Toss at level 18 while in Valkurm Dunes.

Its 10% skill and 90% perspiration (aka dumb luck).
Some times tho i am lead to believe that there is more to it than just luck... but then i get slapped down and go back to realizing its luck after all.

Now all i need to do is increase my luck stat and im all good for my last 45 levels of Blue Mage.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I got my BLU to level 11 trying to learn Queasyshroom, Battle Dance, and Power Attack. Didn't learn any of those but I did get Sheep Song off my first sheep. Go figure.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah to say learning Blue Magic is annoying is an understatement, that's why I stopped at lv4 (deleveled from 5 :P).
Delila
Kitten

Post by Delila »

OK here is what I have learned of Blue Mage from experience Max out your blue magic skill to learn moves faster you can learn moves up to 10 lvl over your current lvl and if you miss a move that was lower lvl than you are you can accually learn the move off of too weak mob as long as your skill is maxed for your lvl :)
Kyuiily
Kitten

Post by Kyuiily »

yay took me 9 levels but got my first blue magic Sandspin
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Delila wrote:OK here is what I have learned of Blue Mage from experience Max out your blue magic skill to learn moves faster you can learn moves up to 10 lvl over your current lvl and if you miss a move that was lower lvl than you are you can accually learn the move off of too weak mob as long as your skill is maxed for your lvl :)
So if I needed say, Sprout Smack I can learn it even if the mob gives no experience as long as my Blue Magic Skill is capped?
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That's not entirely true, you can learn from mobs that give no exp at your current level mob as long as the mob is able to give exp at a certain level.
Basically you can't learn from dynamis, ENM, BCNM, KSNM... there any other areas that don't give exp?
Delila
Kitten

Post by Delila »

Keavy wrote:So if I needed say, Sprout Smack I can learn it even if the mob gives no experience as long as my Blue Magic Skill is capped?
Yes I was able to get foot Kick off too weak bunny in west Ron and I was lvl 10 with Blue magic maxed for my current lvl
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Sugami wrote:Basically you can't learn from dynamis, ENM, BCNM, KSNM... there any other areas that don't give exp?
Beseiged, mods that someone called for help on?
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Besieged mobs don't give exp :P you don't call for help because it's free for all and no claiming ^^
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Sugami wrote:Besieged mobs don't give exp :P you don't call for help because it's free for all and no claiming ^^
I was mentioning other mobs that don't yeild EXP, as other one that you probably can't get exp from

besieged mobs don't give exp, and you probably can't learn blue spells from them

mobs that someone called for help on also don't yield EXP, and you prpbably can't learn blue spells from them either

I say "probably" because I've never tried
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Mobs that have had help called on them ordinarily give exp though, so there's a good chance you can learn from them.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Thanks for so clearly explaining all of this SE.

Here i've been rushing and worrying because I thought you had to earn experience for the fight.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yup that's SE for you, thought it was common knowledge as of a month ago or so :P
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: BLU question

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru