Skill Ups

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Skill Ups

Post by Pheonixhawk »

If you skill up any weapon or synth please post it here. I'ts fun to listen about skill ups, and you get to learn what lvl you learn certain moves /crafts.

Ill start it off.

Just skilled up sword with my Rdm to lvl 150 and learned Circle blade. 25 more points until Spirits Within :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Well, I just maxed my sword skill in Besieged this weekend so thats now capped.

Working on dagger skill now, that's at 236.

Crafting, I'm currently working on gettting all my sub-crafts up to at least 20. I've done cooking and woodworking already and I'm now working on smithing.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Club: 250 I occasionally skill up on Aura pots during sky farming when we farm for Ro'Maeve waters.

Staff: 225 Still need to find the time to skill up to 230 to be able to obtain Retribution.

Dagger: 172 Actually useless but I get the skill on summoner so I thought "meh, why not" Caps at 200 so I can probably solo cap that on robber crabs.
Next to that it's handy to have it leveled if I decide to take thief higher. (One day.......)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Sword is capped at 276. PLD ftw on sword skilling. Savage Blade obtained long ago.

Staff is at 252 now, you'll love retribution against pots Shirai. ^^

Katana goes up 3 levels with every level of NIN. :lol:

Slowly working on Polearm as PLD as well against the Lesser Colibri, caps at 200 for PLD, which means I can learn Skewer as long as it's not DRG onry (which I think it is :oops: )

Shiel is at 274...I need my LS to take on Faust one or two more times so I can cap it. :x
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I found out Darksday sucks for crafting skillups and successful synthesis.

I tried making Insect Paste at level 22 and had a massive failure rate. 1/15 successes if I was lucky and I lost almost all of my ingredients on each break. After about 10 stacks of wasted crystals, one and a half stacks of paste, and a 0.4 skillup I whined to my crafting LS and one of the new guys responded "Its Darksday Keavy. Wait about 20 minutes and try it again." So I did and after that I got skillups like mad and I had a near flawless success rate!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Keavy wrote:I found out Darksday sucks for crafting skillups and successful synthesis.
However it rocks for HQing.

Insect paste is an Earth synth. The best skillups are on Lightningday, next best Earthday. Face South for Earth. When you get close to the skillcap, face SE for Wind.

Lightday is great for success, poor for Skillups.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Got goldsmithing to lvl 2.5 Im on my way to being broke for a while :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Pheonixhawk wrote:Got goldsmithing to lvl 2.5 Im on my way to being broke for a while :lol:
Why? Are you PLing it?

I have made Gil leveling Goldsmithing to where I am now. I won't really loose any till I convert my Gold Ingots into Gold Earrings.

Hint: when you need Brass, DO NOT use the Zinc + 3 Copper Ore recipe, costs too much. Buy Brass Rings at the Jewelry Shop next to the Guild. Desynth them.

Sparas, buy them at the Bastok Weapon shop. Desynth with Lightning. 50% base success ratio for Desynths BTW, don't get discouraged. NQ = Brass Ingot. HQ = Silver Ingot. Level Cap 9, you can start this at 6 with advanced Synth Support.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Hit lvl 70, so I've started soloing Puks in Aht Urgan. (Ice Spike gives them Paralysis, plus Dragon Killer works on Puks, so I can kill them pretty well.) Why does this belong in this thread you ask? Where else can I get Evasion and Parry skill ups at my level. ^.~ Parry is at 136, Evasion is near capped...whatever that is.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kintrra wrote:Slowly working on Polearm as PLD as well against the Lesser Colibri, caps at 200 for PLD, which means I can learn Skewer as long as it's not DRG onry (which I think it is :oops: )
I believe it is and really Penta is better for farming purposes, Skewer is great for those 5 levels before DRG get Wheeling Thrust. Only problem with Skewer is it's 3 hits that rely on TP for accuracy instead of using TP for better damage so can't really sacrifice accuracy for STR or you'll probably end up missing one or two hits.
Tsybil wrote:Hint: when you need Brass, DO NOT use the Zinc + 3 Copper Ore recipe, costs too much. Buy Brass Rings at the Jewelry Shop next to the Guild. Desynth them.
I would skill up GS whilst mining, could usually synth a few brass ingots whilst I'm there then afterwards take all the remaining zinc ores to the duty free of whichever nation is in first and buy as much cheap copper to synth them all :)
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Hint: when you need Brass, DO NOT use the Zinc + 3 Copper Ore recipe, costs too much. Buy Brass Rings at the Jewelry Shop next to the Guild. Desynth them.

Sparas, buy them at the Bastok Weapon shop. Desynth with Lightning. 50% base success ratio for Desynths BTW, don't get discouraged. NQ = Brass Ingot. HQ = Silver Ingot. Level Cap 9, you can start this at 6 with advanced Synth Support.
Thank you. I was about to spent crazy gil on zinc ore and brass ingots. Thats why I said I was about to start losing gil. So far ive made 80K and Im only lvl 4 (Hit lvl 4 last night) :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Fishing Skill lvl 3 :)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I'm at level 5 fishing (Been fishing Sardines for Fish Oil Broth for cheap skillups. I basically break even NPCing the results) so as soon as I get past Fish Oil cooking wise i'll go back to Moat Carps.

Cooking level 31 (I think) because I can't stop playing GTA:LCS.

This weekend I WILL make myself cap cooking on fish broth.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Pheonixhawk wrote: So far ive made 80K and Im only lvl 4 (Hit lvl 4 last night) :D
And some say you LOSE Gil leveling Goldsmithing :roll: :lol:

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote: And some say you LOSE Gil leveling Goldsmithing :roll: :lol:
Once you get to 50 you'll definately be losing gil :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote: Once you get to 50 you'll definately be losing gil :P
51 and still breaking even. Will till 52, maybe 53 if the price of Gold nuggets keeps falling.

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Desynthing isnt working at all. I never get bass ingots. I just keep on losing all my lightning crystals. So Ill use the Zinc ore + Copper ore method. I wont be losing near as much gil.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Brass Ring L 15, and desynthing is the same level cap as synthing.

Try this one about L 9 or 10, Face SW, do it on Waterday, advanced Synth Support.

You can start desynthing the Sparas ~ L 5, same instructions as above.

You can skill up desynthing, but the odds are low.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

If you don't want to spend money on zinc go mining, at 60 you can safely get around gusgen or oldton and you'll make a some money whilst you're there :)
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Started lvling Dark Knight and Got Scythe to lvl 40 and learned "Dark harvest" I just love that move. :love:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I've been faring in Giddeus for Beehive Chips and Yagudo necklaces to level Clothcraft and Alchemy. With my Ice Staff on my WHM it is fun and easy!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Skill Ups

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо