Fun with .dat files (PC Users)

A place to talk about... anything!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Fun with .dat files (PC Users)

Post by Shirai »

FFXI for PC has a wide community in .dat editing and a lot can give really nice effects.

This is what I made from my smn atm.
I'm still looking for some good files to replace some of my whm armor.

Also, fun with Moogle:

Sites I found so far:

http://www.ffxidats.com
http://www.nekomi.us/FFXI_Mods/

Add your own if you know more ^^
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:o :shock: OMG Shirai I LOVE IT !!! That's beautiful!!! Would you pm me the .dat file & how you did that?
My characters name means "angel" or "sky lion" in chinese so those wings would be soooo appropriate!!! :angel:
Once again.. love it love it!!! THanks for sharing :)
(i'm also a summoner, I presume that replaces AF? anything for yingyang robe?)
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I replaced the Yinyang robe for that bodypiece,

Unfortunately it's the same dat that's used for Jujitsu Gi >.>;

The Face can be found here:
http://www.ffxidats.com/page.php?id=65

The summoner AF here:
http://www.nekomi.us/FFXI_Mods/index.ph ... oner_AF%2F

Wings can be found here:
http://www.ffxidats.com/page.php?id=24

I don't know the exact locations of the dats, but you'll have to rename them.
I used the modelviewer to see which .dat was used.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Did you actually make any of that Shirai or did you use some of the other .DAT's that have been created? It's a good look either way. ^^
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Those .dats were created by someone else, I have the slightest clue on how to do that.
Props to the creators for that.

However it started as a thing on my HNMLS forums with a friend that brought in a mod for Noble's tunic.

I did that and some other people in my LS started posting links to websites with mods.
I started browsing and found some really nice ones around there, hence my changes to the character.

I thought more PC users would be interested so I just thought I'd share. ^^
Takara2011
Kitten

Post by Takara2011 »

^_^ It's definitly caught my interest, but I'm too afraid that I'll mess up the program somehow by playing around with my .dat files...
[img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/tora20/chibirukku2.gif[/img]
Arat
Windurstrian Goddess of Randomness, Typos, and Mistells
THF54 | WHM33| BLM26 | NIN25 | DRG15 | WAR12 | SMN10 | MNK9 | BLU8 | PUP7 |COR17
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Perdy :) hair is kinda whacky but love the wings.

I'm too lazy to fiddle around with dat files, always backup what you're playing with first :P
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:D I followed the crazy EASY directions I found on the site from what Shirai posted. Of course I backed up all files that I altered. It was sooo easy!!! I've gotta restrain myself from fiddling with everything lol! :lol:
Again, {Thank you }Shirai for posting the info^^ *purrr*

~rear view~

I love how the red lava reflects off the wing :)

This is just pretty ^^;
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

I recall a friend of mine who was into alot of .dat editing...believe he came up with some nice modifications of the ones shown and a nice scorpion harness look...boots I miss you :cry:
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Id rahter leave the game as is. It's fun just the way it is :)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

More fun, I thought I needed a new look for my smn and browsed around.

Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Re: Fun with .dat files (PC Users)

Post by Kahvi »

Shirai wrote:FFXI for PC has a wide community in .dat editing and a lot can give really nice effects.

This is what I made from my smn atm.
I'm still looking for some good files to replace some of my whm armor.

So... I can poke fun and call you Balmung of the Azure Sky now....
Also, fun with Moogle:
Great... Vrrta watches your gear for you.... how sweet... Dragons like to hoard stuff anyway.

still... Dat Swapping is cool and all... but you end up having to replace that stuff every time there is an update...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Shinrasin
Tomcat

Post by Shinrasin »

I did the .dat on my face and ears XD, Mainly New screenshots

Old Screenshots

:twisted:
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Shinrasin-Evil-Sigs.png[/img]

[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Dark-Shinrasin-2.png[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kahvi wrote:
So... I can poke fun and call you Balmung of the Azure Sky now....
Hehehe, sure although I am still Shirai.
.Hack ftw =)
Great... Vrrta watches your gear for you.... how sweet... Dragons like to hoard stuff anyway.

still... Dat Swapping is cool and all... but you end up having to replace that stuff every time there is an update...
You know, that hasn't happened to me yet unless something changed on the the files themselves.
I've had Ark Angel MR as my moogle before for a year.
(BTW. this wyrm is Jormungand, Vrtra is a bit darker in color :P )
Raelia
Kitten

Post by Raelia »

Shirai wrote:Image
You might take a closer look at ffxidats.com, I'm a regular submitter. That looks like the modification I made to the smaller wings above.

My mistake, I just made them white.

I did, however, make the single black wing with the scythe that forms the other wing.
Raelia, 63+ Dark Knight of Bahamut
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Kahvi wrote:still... Dat Swapping is cool and all... but you end up having to replace that stuff every time there is an update...
Only if they specifically alter files you modded. For instance, I downloaded the original mithra /sit file a long time ago. But when ToAU came out, somehow the same .dat file name is shared between /sit command and the Blue Magic casting animation. So when ToAU came out, it overrode my /sit command and imprinted their changed version.

As of yet, I know not of anyone who's been able to seperate the two groups of files to allow both.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru