Questions about RSE

Sivara
Big Cat

Questions about RSE

Post by Sivara »

Some questions about RSE:

Can I do this at lv 25? Or do I need to wait until after 30? I'd like to get the gear before heading to Kazham so I can put it on piece by piece as I level (just for that feeling of accomplishment!).

Also, I heard that you can buy thief's tools/living keys to open the chests. It should make it a lot faster because you can skip the whole key hunting mess. You have to be a thief to use those, right? Or can anyone use them? Do they really work on RSE chests?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It will be a while before I get to 25, but I like to think ahead. It gets me through the level grind.
sandra
Kitten

Post by sandra »

I'm not too sure but i think you need to be lvl 33? or some where close to that to wear the RSE. Dunno about lvl though.
Name: Unknown
Race: Mithra Female
Class: Unknown
Level: Unknown
Server: Midgardsormr
LS: MithraPride
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

I really don't have any answers to those questions, only I have another question. I was wondering, I talked to the fame guy to see how much fame I had but I don't know if I can get the quest.

She said, "Ah, you're the Pyrexia people are starting to talk about, hard work and perserverence will blahblah". This was in Windurst, my home town.

Any help on any of the above questions will help greatly.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Rse are quests gotten from a goblin in Jueno. Need only fame, level has no bearing. Though without help, it will be impossible at level 25 or lower.
Minimum fame, I think, is 10 quests done in each city (San'Doria, Windurst, & Bastok).

There are 4 pieces, each with its own level requirement. 27, 29, 31, & 33

Thf tools/living keys can indeed be used, but only a thf can use them. Even so, said thf would need the aid of a freindly mage with sneak/invis.

Hope that helps :D
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Thanks for the help. In that case, once my thief hits 27, I'll join you guys on a RSE run. Here's hoping I don't die. I could probably solo with silent oil/deodorizer/invisible powder (?) but that can get expensive, especially if I go the thief's tools/living key route. My Windy fame is really high, my Bastok fame is decent, but I need to get my Sandy fame up. I've done a few quests there, but I got really sick of that city for some reason. Maybe it's the music, maybe it's the Elvaan...as Toren said, "even the grass smells pretentious."
She said, "Ah, you're the Pyrexia people are starting to talk about, hard work and perserverence will blahblah". This was in Windurst, my home town.
I'm so famous in Windy that the fame person says she's proud to live in the same city as "Lady Sivara." :)
Zaltana
Kitten

Post by Zaltana »

fame in your base city influences your fame in jeuno. other city fame will boost it but isnt needed. i have no fame in bastok, minor in sandy but nearly maxed in windy. the guy in jeuno says he hears my name often. cant remember the exact words.

so basicly if you only have high fame in your home country you will have at least good fame in jeuno.
[b]RDM[/b]-33 [b]MNK[/b]-7
[b]RNG[/b]-22 [b]WHM[/b]-1
[b]BLM[/b]-17 [b]DRK[/b]-1
[b]THF[/b]-13
[b]WAR[/b]-12
Kerriel
Kitten

Post by Kerriel »

I can't wait to that, but I have other things to do right now. Ack!
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Off Topic: Kerriel I love your avatar!! It is so cute! :love: :love: :love:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Couga
Kitten

Post by Couga »

Well, I've almost hit 30 after about 1 week of heavy leveling and I hope to break the 30 mark today... then i shall do RSE and RNG quest :)
Couga, of Asura
22 Ranger, 30 Monk, 9 Theif, 13 Warrior, 4 Beastmaster, 2 White Mage ^^
Couga
Kitten

Post by Couga »

EVIL DOUBLE POST!!! I hit 30!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Couga, of Asura
22 Ranger, 30 Monk, 9 Theif, 13 Warrior, 4 Beastmaster, 2 White Mage ^^
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Couga wrote:EVIL DOUBLE POST!!!
:?: :P

hehe

Once I get my WHM to 25 I can help out with RSE runs with Sneak / Invis / Deodorize. Just need some heads up as I'll probably be leveling BLM to 25 (at least to 17 for warp).
Kerriel
Kitten

Post by Kerriel »

Cyndari wrote:Off Topic: Kerriel I love your avatar!! It is so cute! :love: :love: :love:
Awww...thank you so much. I'M 30 TOO NOW :D Let me know if I can join in the fun or not? LOL.
Jhes
Kitten

Post by Jhes »

I just managed to get the quest tonight, basically you need Jeuno fame yes, which uses your hometown as a base of sorts, my hometown fame was "Oh, youre the Jhes everyone is talking about" To get my fame up in jeuno, i ended up doing 2 of the stone monument runs in Selbina, and the Sheep Food quest next to the dock there, i traded the guy 2 stacks of millioncorn and 7 stacks of La Theine cabbage. After that in Jeuno i had something along the lines of "Oh Jhes, you have a fair reputation..keep up the work and soon Jeunoians will seek your help" Doing this is supposed to raise your fame in Bastok and San d'Oria along with Jeuno, i cant confirm the other 2 cities tho since i dont really visit them enough to care.

This brings me to a question, using your RSE timer, the next date for mithra rse is

Dec 09, 2004 (THU) 23:26:24 Dec 10, 2004 (FRI) 07:07:12

would this mean i have 7 hours real time roughly to find the key and the chest? or is this in game time?
[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
Poge
Tomcat

Post by Poge »

No, you can find a key whenever you want but the keys are rare/ex so you can only have one at a time.

The rse counter is only for when you're suppose to open a chest. If you open a chest at the right time you'll recieve a "Magical Pattern" key item and a new chest will respawn somewhere almost instantly. If you open it at the wrong time you'll get some crappy item worth maybe 2k and succeed in pissing off everyone else looking for their rse because now the chest will take 30 minutes to respawn.

Once you have the Magical Pattern you can trade it in to the goblin in Jeuno whenever you want (even after rse time is over) and take your pick of one piece of rse. Also, you can't have more than one Magical Pattern at a time so you're gonna have to run back and forth.

You're probably not going to be able to get all four pieces in one day, I'd shoot for two or three if you have a solid eight hours and some dedicated high level help.

These are maps of the three zones with the chest's spawn points marked and a list of the mobs that drop keys. I highly recomend printing these maps before you go looking for chests.
http://www.zebraflood.com/ninja/rse/mines.html
http://www.zebraflood.com/ninja/rse/maze.html
http://www.zebraflood.com/ninja/rse/caves.html
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Jhes
Kitten

Post by Jhes »

Ah ok, for some reason i was thinking of 1 piece a game week, didnt realize i could go ahead get the keys and try to get at least 3 of the chests within that 7 hour span (with all the downtime to go back to jeuno and back, 2 pieces would probably be it at my lvl)
[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
Poge
Tomcat

Post by Poge »

Also you have about 8 hours, not 7
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Ikimbia
Kitten

So let me get this straight i hope...lol

Post by Ikimbia »

To get my RSE gear, i have to have either 10 quests done in the three cities or max fame in Windy (my home) with a couple of other quests elsewhere...spoke to the Gob last night and he called me small fry!! lol That is alot of quests , wow, but ok if i am correct then great and ty all for your help!

Ikimbia

oh and quests aren't missions right?
A sexy sweetheart, paying it forward, ty Khalel
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Would an level 38 RDM Elvanna be good enough to solo the RSE quest?
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Sivara wrote: but I need to get my Sandy fame up. I've done a few quests there, but I got really sick of that city for some reason. Maybe it's the music, maybe it's the Elvaan...as Toren said, "even the grass smells pretentious."

What!!!!! You don't like the great bagpipe music, why it is music to me pointy ears that it is!!!
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Questions about RSE

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Questions about RSE

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru