Final Fantasy XI Figures.

A place to talk about... anything!
Zodhi
Kitten

Final Fantasy XI Figures.

Post by Zodhi »

Has anyone seen any FFXI models/figurines about, of any size? I had a little looksie and turned up nada.

I tried Googling, eBay and Rinkya - no FFXI figures that I could see. Although there were a bajillion Gilseller ads on eBay. Hooray -_-

I'm sure there's a market for it, but maybe SE figure that FFXI players might not have the same attachment to their characters that they would to, say, Laguna, Yuna or Aeris. Also, since there are so many character models, people might only purchase one if it matches their exact player model and colours. (Unpainted models could remedy the colour issue, but really, there are only a few people who are both motivated and talented enough to do that well)

I suppose very cheap, very small models could be made of each character race, but then what armours, what jobs, etc. etc. etc. (I'd guess AF would be kind of neat)

SO. Anyone? Seen anywhere? Bueller . . . ?
[size=84]we move like cagey tigers - we couldn't get closer than this.[/size]
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Nope, I haven't seen them, but I know that quite a few people have said they desperately want them.

I would love to have a small model of Siv in full WAR AF as a special souvenir of my FFXI days (once the game "ends" that is).

I like your idea of selling the pieces and letting people assemble them and paint them. They could sell the bodies (in three sizes), the heads (for the different hairstyles), and let people paint them. This could lead to some interesting color combinations on armor and hair, creating a custom look.

Heck, I'd buy the modeling kit.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Zodhi
Kitten

Post by Zodhi »

Awesome, Kopopo!

I actually managed to find a site selling plush Madragoras soon after the original post, but the plush Goblin is new to me! Although, my hatred for gobs is so extreme that I'd probably cut it to little pieces of stuffing soon after receiving it . . .

I'd also be scared that it might start chasing me if I moved in it's line of sight, a la Chucky from "Child's Play."
Tyrfing
Kitten

Post by Tyrfing »

Sculpting yourr own is considered merchandising? :wink:
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

/me wants the plush goblin!
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Zodhi
Kitten

Post by Zodhi »

Tyrfing wrote:Sculpting yourr own is considered merchandising? :wink:
That'd be sweet hobby fanservice. It ain't real merchandising unless it fills up your consumer heart with love, and empties your consumer wallet of dollar$.
sheenia
Kitten

Post by sheenia »

I need to find a pic to use like ya'll have, any suggestions?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I have a Taru friend who ALWAYS carries a Goblin Doll with her. I MUST get her that RL Goblin Doll, I simply must.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Zodhi
Kitten

Post by Zodhi »

/emote attacks GoblinDoll
/desynth GoblinDoll
You have synthesized 3 Balls of Saruta Cotton and a Rabbit Hide

Yar! Take that, Goblin Doll! No aggro for you! GWA HA HA HA HA!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Final Fantasy XI Figures.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru