Winter 2014 Anime Line-up

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Winter 2014 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

http://anichart.net/winter

Up to episode 3 of some anime, quite a few good sequels and lots of good new ones. Been hard to cut some of them off my viewing list, I'm still miles behind on a couple of anime from last season.

Ones I think are particularly good are: D-frag, Hamatora, "Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha", Nisekoi, Noragami, Space☆Dandy and Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil. There are others in there worth watching too.

Sakura Trick is not the anime I was hoping for, anime about shoujou-ai (girl love) but it's not handled well and just comes off somewhat perverted really. Oh well, maybe next time.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Winter 2014 Anime Line-up

Post by Shirai »

If you think you are behind, the only new anime I have seen last and this year is Arise - Ghost in the Shell episodes 1 and 2, Berserk Movie 2 and Nisenmonogatari (although I am not sure if that is a title from last year or the previous...)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Nisen counts. Basically it's the second season.

So far, I kinda like Noragami, Space Dandy... still you got to wonder. Where are the Cowboy Bepops, Code Geass or similar... they are beginning to feel a tad like Hollywood, sequelitis...
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Movies and OAVs don't count :P Nisemonogatari (fake stories) finished last seasons and was a 1/2 year season though it might have had a break in the middle, unless it was one of those OAVs... think it was actually, last one started off as Nekomonogatari but was more of a mix so HS just called it Monogatari the second season :P

Space Dandy to me feels like a mix of Lupin III + Cowboy Bebop + City Hunter, art style is very Lupin and Space Dandy shares traits, Cowboy Bebop because SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE~ and City Hunter for the nookie! :lol:

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha is one of my favourites this season (of the new ones); has the right mix of comedy, feels, plot, silly date-sim loving fox gods, mischievous Amaterasu not looking anything like you'd imagine and cliff hangers :P

Buddy Complex is the new Sunrise mecha anime (Gundam Build Fighters still going on), looks okay, certainly better than the "let's throw every trope ever into one anime" mess that was Valvrave the Vibrator... err, Liberator.

If you're looking for a great funny little show Tonari no Seki-kun is pretty damn funny.

Looking for anime that Shirai would like, the only two that have been classified as "seinen" are D-Frag and Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (Engaged to the Unidentified), both of which are comedies but they are very funny and some of my favourites this season too.
Actually I think Shirai would like Hamatora, got nice bit of action with a bit of mystery and intrigue thrown in, another great anime this season. Other ones I think you might like are Noragami, The Pilot's Love Song and Wizard Barristers. Noragami is funny but with feels and an interesting story. The Pilot's Love Song is kinda like The Last Exile only without the BS :P And Wizard Barristers is kinda like Phoenix Wright only with wizards and magic :P
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Bah! Meow Bug!

I'll go watch 2013 stuff... but in new ways.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Attack on moe.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »