Eerie Quietness

A place to talk about... anything!
Keerith
Metal Cat

Eerie Quietness

Post by Keerith »

Maybe it's just me, but the cities I've been through seem weirdly silent. :P I certainly don't miss the inane/borderline retarded /trade channel chat from WoW, but still it's kinda creepy to be running through a major city to dead silence. :shock:

Where'd everyone go? Aht Urgahn? Or is there just not as much general chat as there used to be, and it's all gone on to private linkshells now?

For that matter, how do I get to Urgahn? :|
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Eerie Quietness

Post by Shirai »

Ziyu wrote:Maybe it's just me, but the cities I've been through seem weirdly silent. :P I certainly don't miss the inane/borderline retarded /trade channel chat from WoW, but still it's kinda creepy to be running through a major city to dead silence. :shock:

Where'd everyone go? Aht Urgahn? Or is there just not as much general chat as there used to be, and it's all gone on to private linkshells now?
Oh my, you have missed a lot!!

Yes, Jeuno has basically become a ghost town.
It's pretty much become the gathering place of mules and bazaars with the exception of Port Jeuno, where you will find high level folks waiting to do Limbus and occasionally a lost party heading for the Jungles.
And Ru'lude Garderns where occasionally a bunch people wait to enter Dynamis.

Most of the players have moved to Aht Urhgan, back to their starter cities or to the Shadow realm (Wings of the Goddess also better known as the past).
So yea, Aht Urhgan is pretty much the place where the 'magic' happens.
For that matter, how do I get to Urgahn? :|
As you have never been there;
The missions
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Categ ... n_Missions

How to get to Aht Urhgan:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_R ... Aht_Urhgan

The miniquests to get to Aht Urhgan quickly as soon as you can go there:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lure_of_the_Wildcat
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Great, thanks! I was wondering where everyone was. :)
-Keerith

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Yep, once I hit 55+ I bound myself in whitegate and never looked back.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

My friends tell me Bahamut is practically dead :o
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

The FFXI AH database says there are ~9,900 active players there (using the AH, anyway); Midgard is listed at 8.5K. The server I played WoW on has about 11K on one faction. :P

I might move to a server with a higher population, if I can't find more people. We'll see what it looks like when I finish the Road to Aht Uhrgahn quest, still working on that one. :)
-Keerith

JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

I'm sorta used to the startsr cities being ghost towns. That being said, I've been gone a fair amount of time, long enough that I didn't hear about the server merges and was a bit surprised to see "Welcome to Cerberus!" When I logged into Cerisa and more surprised when my linkshells were all gone.

I feel... lost, and I'm half tempted to transfer to Asura because I know some folks there. WHAT DO.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Name searches first I think.

Check FFXIAH.com to see if any of your old LSs are active on your new server.

No contacts left? Then spend the $25.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Eerie Quietness

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо