Joey Cape's Bridge Album - New Project For Lagwagon's Cape

All about the music.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Joey Cape's Bridge Album - New Project For Lagwagon's Cape

Post by Karou Ariyen »

We know the bit, band member goes solo, band disbands. This time it's different. Joey Cape and Bad Astronaut broke up because of the death of their drummer. That's actually what spawned the Lagwagon CD Resolve. But Lagwagon is still kicking. In fact new album end of 2009. But Joey Cape's new side project is an acoustic solo project. Having owned the Tony Sly/Joey Cape Acoustic CD, I was excited for this one.

A good number of tracks on this CD are actually from Lagwagon's new EP "I think my older brother used to listen to Lagwagon." And there are some new songs aswell. I had to download my CD because the one I purchased is on Backorder from the local record store. Yes I buy from independant record stores. I don't buy into the corporate chain sales for music. Now it's no secret that Joey Cape can play guitar. He's the lead guitarist for Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies. Joey Cape does do a lot of the guitar work in this CD. And his vocals are very haunting and powerful with an acoustic guitar set. I paid about 15 bucks for the Limited Edition CD/Vinyl Set. I got the CD and a 7" Vinyl (I have Lagwagon's 7" Vinyls in every color that was offered including represses).

For you people in Europe the PAL Copy is released on Bad Taste Records. For us Yankees it's Suburban Home Records. Even if you're not a fan of Lagwagon, Bad Astronaut, or any of his other projects, this CD is a must listen. The Hard and soft combination of vocals bring to life a melody that would seem to paint a visual in your head.

I don't rate music. Ever. I recommend music. So I will recommend this CD. Props to you Joey Cape~ Keep Rockin out hardcore~
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Joey Cape's Bridge Album - New Project For Lagwagon's Cape

Post by xaresity »