Square Enix security token: Now with more inventory slots!

A place to talk about... anything!

Are you getting one?

Hell yes!
57%
Hell no!! SE's after more money from us, they aint getting any!
14%
Not sure yet
29%

Total votes: 7

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Square Enix security token: Now with more inventory slots!

Post by Shirai »

http://www.playonline.com/cis/us/
http://www.playonline.com/cis/eu/
Encrypted Security Token Provides Additional Protection to FINAL FANTASY XI Players

LOS ANGELES (March 24, 2009) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, today announced the upcoming launch of the Square Enix Account System and Square Enix Security Token in Japan, North America and Europe on April 7, 2009 PDT. Offering additional account safeguards to players of FINAL FANTASY® XI, these new initiatives provide for a higher level of account security. The new system will utilize the Square Enix Security Token, which will be available to purchase for $9.99 via the PlayOnline® Viewer.

Creating a Square Enix Account is free and can be done by anyone via the official Square Enix website. With this new system in place beginning April 7, 2009 PDT, Square Enix Accounts will be compatible with FINAL FANTASY XI and PlayOnline, as well as future online services.

After registering a Square Enix Account and purchasing the Square Enix Security Token, players can then assign the token to their PlayOnline ID(s). Using the token will generate a one-time password every 30 seconds for the account. Implementation of these new features is an extension of Square Enix’s commitment to continuous service for our customers.

Additionally, players who purchase a security token will also receive the brand new in-game bonus, the “Mog Satchel.” The “Mog Satchel” provides additional inventory space and benefits all characters on the PlayOnline account(s). The space provided by the “Mog Satchel” is equal to the character’s Gobbiebag capacity and can expand along with it. In order to utilize the bonus, it will be necessary for the customer’s PlayOnline ID to be linked to a Square Enix Account.

Square Enix Account
Registration Launch: - April 7, 2009 (Mon)
Registration Location: - Square Enix website
Compatible Services (Initial): - FINAL FANTASY XI, PlayOnline

Square Enix Security Token
Release Date: - April 7, 2009 (Mon)
Price: - $9.99(Includes tax and shipping)
Where to Purchase: - Available for purchase via the PlayOnline Viewer
Bonus with Purchase: - The ”Mog Satchel” will be included as an in-game bonus for FINAL FANTASY XI players who purchase a security token(*1). The “Mog Satchel” will provide up to 80 additional inventory slots and can be accessed anywhere whether the player is in the Mog House or out adventuring in Vana’diel®. (*2)

*1 It is required for the PlayOnline ID to be linked to the Square Enix Account that has a security token associated.
*2 The space provided by the Mog Satchel is equal to the character’s Gobbiebag capacity.
And only $9.99/€9.99/£7.99 including tax and shipping!!

Cheap, and an extra in game item which is actually extremely useful!
They sold me one!!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I want an option to just purchase the mog satchel..It is already a big enough of a pain in the ass to log into ffxi without adding more annoyance.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I preordered it. 9.99 with tax AND Shipping?! Sold.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

I wasn't gonna, but with the satchel, the only reason not to is if you can't afford it.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Leane wrote:I wasn't gonna, but with the satchel, the only reason not to is if you can't afford it.
Satchel is definitely a big incentive, but for someone like me yet another password when I play on 3 different systems becomes quite a large hassle. Right now I am torn..I want the mog satchel...but I don't want the token. Still trying to find out if the token must be activated to get the satchel. If I can buy the token and not activate it and still get the satchel, $10 is so worth it.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:
Leane wrote:I wasn't gonna, but with the satchel, the only reason not to is if you can't afford it.
Satchel is definitely a big incentive, but for someone like me yet another password when I play on 3 different systems becomes quite a large hassle. Right now I am torn..I want the mog satchel...but I don't want the token. Still trying to find out if the token must be activated to get the satchel. If I can buy the token and not activate it and still get the satchel, $10 is so worth it.
So I'm not the only one hey?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I voted "not sure yet" but probably won't. If I still played frequently I might get it but since I'm only ever on once a week I won't :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I am amusing it is one satchel per account. As I have two L 75 characters on one account, I will dither about who should get it, and in the short run, neither will.

Maybe the long run too.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Tsybil wrote:I am amusing it is one satchel per account. As I have two L 75 characters on one account, I will dither about who should get it, and in the short run, neither will.

Maybe the long run too.
I pretty sure that SE said you'll get one for each character, can't seem to find it to quote or link to though
Myri
Kitten

Post by Myri »

Tivia wrote:Satchel is definitely a big incentive, but for someone like me yet another password when I play on 3 different systems becomes quite a large hassle. Right now I am torn..I want the mog satchel...but I don't want the token. Still trying to find out if the token must be activated to get the satchel. If I can buy the token and not activate it and still get the satchel, $10 is so worth it.
Pretty sure the token has to be activated, but am unsure if it can be turned off or if it even needs to remain active after the reward code is used.

Leane wrote:I pretty sure that SE said you'll get one for each character, can't seem to find it to quote or link to though
Quote can be found at PFA
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2936/sig2ui9.jpg[/img][/url]
Sig by me [img]http://www.limitbreakradio.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Thanks for the link.

:)
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Q If I remove my Square Enix security token, will I still be able to obtain a Mog Satchel?
A Characters from PlayOnline IDs that are linked to a Square Enix account will not be able to acquire a Mog Satchel after the security token has been removed. Existing Mog Satchels will not be affected.
PURCHASED!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

And you might want to keep the token on >_>

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/72422- ... tacks.html

I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but definatelly scary stuff here.

(You can keep up to 10 accounts on 1 token)
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

so are consoles being affected by this? or is my ps2 safe?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:so are consoles being affected by this? or is my ps2 safe?
As far as I read, it affects consoles too.
However as I haven't read about mass hackings yet I can't check on it's authenticity.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:so are consoles being affected by this? or is my ps2 safe?
As far as I read, it affects consoles too.
However as I haven't read about mass hackings yet I can't check on it's authenticity.
AHHHHH!!!!! Not fair! Bad RMT BAD!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Shirai wrote:And you might want to keep the token on >_>

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/72422- ... tacks.html

I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but definatelly scary stuff here.

(You can keep up to 10 accounts on 1 token)
While I hate it for these folks, simple truth of the matter is this isn't possible without some form of keylogging and or something they did to compromise the account security. The only possible way for an account to be cold hijacked would be for someone to have a decrypter bot dedicated to that one account attempting to access it. Through POL this would be an extremely slow and traceable task, through a website it could be done alot easier. However I would think that SE would be aware of a web side login being bombarded with password attempts.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

My thoughts as well, I just don't know enough of that stuff to really confirm this.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Purchased. Go go extra 80 invetory slots!
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

for the extra space it is worth it... as long as you dont take it off i guess
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Fiye wrote:Purchased. Go go extra 80 invetory slots!
Fiye is it a physical security SSO token that they mail you or a software AES token you install to your cert's directory?
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Physical. Mailed.

Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

i dont have a address anymore... i will have to wait till it get to japan to order it. I saw a picture of it. I am going to have to crack it open to determine how it works >.>
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kessa wrote: I am going to have to crack it open to determine how it works >.>
No need to break it! :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_token
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Its not breaking its more like getting to know your security device and it capabilities. You know what they say curiosity did to us :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Kessa wrote:Its not breaking its more like getting to know your security device and it capabilities. You know what they say curiosity did to us :P
Ya it lit my butt on fire with a Fire 4.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

To be put out with a water 4 :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:To be put out with a water 4 :P
One day I'm going to kill that long eared dark knight and mount his head on my wall :lol:
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:
Shirai wrote:To be put out with a water 4 :P
One day I'm going to kill that long eared dark knight and mount his head on my wall :lol:
Oh, don't forget to make the rest of that dark knight into a coat rack. You always need a good place for Red Mage hat or Summoner's horn.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]