Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Well the current update has fixed my framerate problem.
Back to mah good old 30 FPS. :)
I'll have a look again at the official windower again, see if everything works again like it should.

For now:

9/9 Cavernous Maws.
Did a lot of Campaigns and planning to do even more tonight.
I am really enjoying this.
With my rl job, LS events and (H)NM camps going on (Thank you so much SE for the consecutive maints resetting HNMs in my timezone for the last 3 weeks! :x ) I have very little time to exp, next to that I hate meriting.
Campaign is a really good way to keep up a buffer for people with limited playtime like me.
And there's nearly always one going on somewhere.

[edit]
Gah I gotta stop claiming pages XD
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Tianshii wrote:I won't use 3rd party windower tool for 2 reasons..
#1 - It looks like absolute $h!t unless you leave it at that tiny box size it first opens up as. (I tried it @ the suggestion of my LS at the time when I got my laptop...)
My laptop is nice & when I play FFXI full it looks great and I rarely get crippling lag (unless my ISP is crapping out, comcast for the lose! :lol: ).

#2 - Technically using the windower tool is against the TOS.
Couple of comments: I'm surprised it looks worse or even any different at all. One of the reasons I use Windower over the Windowed Mode is that I can set FFXI into full-screen mode and still alt-tab just fine. I have Firefox in front now and FFXI behind it. It looks exactly like unwindowed FFXI. No borders cutting down on screen size. No accidentally mousing on FFXI and shoving the "window" off the screen. It's just plain FFXI with alt-tab.

The way you do this is by editing the launcher.ini file to set the window size to your screen size. If you don't edit the resolution, it does look pretty horrible.

It takes a bit more work to "minimize" it off the screen completely when you run it borderless, but I rarely want to do that. I'm OK with minimizing from the task manager.

BTW, on the "against TOS" aspect, the Fan Fest cleared that up. During one of the panels someone asked about Windower and they made a rather clear statement that they didn't care if anyone used Windower or not and would definitely not ban or punish people for using it. 'Course true to form, they went on to say they didn't condone any 3rd party tool use and to "use at your own risk" due to viruses, key-loggers, etc..
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Okuza wrote: BTW, on the "against TOS" aspect, the Fan Fest cleared that up. During one of the panels someone asked about Windower and they made a rather clear statement that they didn't care if anyone used Windower or not and would definitely not ban or punish people for using it. 'Course true to form, they went on to say they didn't condone any 3rd party tool use and to "use at your own risk" due to viruses, key-loggers, etc..

Wait wait wait...where did they say this cuz I read every interview I could get my hands on and this question was never in there that I saw.
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

FINALLY got a map of The Grand Palace of Hz'xoi or whatever. Now to get one for the Garden Of Ruhmet...

DNC13... I'm bored. :P
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Did a WPM test on my school computer. Apparently I can type about 89 Words per minute with 5 errors (In the course of three minutes of typing).

There were 14 errors, but 9 of them are because I don't double space after every period. Ugh... I have never been told that rule of english by /any/ of my teachers in my 14 or 15 years of being schooled.

sigh
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

:lol: Its an older rule, from back in the typewriter days. I was taught it in school when I hit typing class and still do it out of habit.

*ding* BST 22 One more level and I can use all those jug pets I've been hoarding :)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

My mom taught me that when I was in like first grade. It just kinda stuck with me.
Kiraku: [lvl 44 SAM] [Lvl 33 MNK] [lvl 25 WAR] [lvl 15 BST] [lvl 10 BLM] [lvl 10 WHM] [lvl 21 THF]

[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/okanestar789/Kir071223003827a.jpg[/img]
http://gamerhaven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: double spacing is dead now, I don't really think anyone cares about it anymore :P

Ding DNC12 :D
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:stare: *sigh* what's up w/ selective reading... :roll:

ANYWAY
-> did know about double space after a period, forget when I learned that, but my mother is an avid typest so I would imagine from her.

*ding* Dancer 13

:thumb:
hosting Christmas eve dinner @ my place and I can't decide on the main dish:

-Halibut-
3 tablespoons dry white wine
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
Four halibut steaks, (6 ounces each)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
or
http://www.pomegranates.org/recipes/mai ... libut.html
(has nice pic!)

-salmon-
http://www.pomegranates.org/recipes/mai ... ocado.html

((no ham b/c it has a lot of salt & my mom is diabetic :( ))

I've never made fish before >.> so... add your vote when you tack on your accomplishments :)
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ding DNC15 :D

Curing Waltz mine!

I also went to an ohat run but by the time we got started it was already 4am and I didn't get my ohat in the end (left at 5am) but I did get a merit (was 50 tnm) and a hi re-raiser.
I also pulled hate off the PLD like wow and died on the second fight :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Microsoft banned double spacing after periods over a decade ago. Several people I know who worked there made macros to remove the double spaces that their fingers ALWAYS put in. :lol: :lol:

As to your fish Tianshii, I have been cooking fish all my life, and you have picked two of my favorite fish. Salmon has a stronger flavor than halibut, and can stand up to more seasonings and flavorings. If you buy salmon, be aware that the different species have different fat contents and the fat carries most of the flavor. King salmon is the richest and the priceyist of the lot.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

My first Einherjar win is a fact!

And Zomg SE release moar Wotg!

@ Tiantian:

I like both kinds of fish a lot and those recipys certainly look delicious!
If I have to call one, I'd go for the salmon.
But only because I know my parents like Salmon a lot. :)

[edit to prevent a double post]
RL accomplishment:
My week started off great!
I've been working at the same company through a job agency for over 2 years now.
This morning my direct chief called me to tell me my application for a contract is approved and almost ready!! :D 8)
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Everyone can go home now. It's a fact, I have won FFXI.

Pup 75! I got it during a Campaign, so there was no level up animation, but yay. ^.^ That was yesterday, today I was soloing DC-EM Gnoles in Jugner, and on my second Gnole I got H2H Skill 225. Dragon Kick! And on my third Gnole, a claw! (If you have done or are looking to do the WotG missions in Bastok, you know why that's cause for celebration.) I got it without TH. Then again, I killed a dozen Gnoles in Batallia yesterday with someone with TH2, no drops then.

Anyways, woot! Total lol status attained! (Now I need to actually do some work. Still on 'The Black Coffin', and only have 5k out of the 100k Assault Points I need for full Pahluwan...)
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ding DNC18 :D almost out of the dunes level range and can finally start partying :lol:

Nice on Shirai, my job agency only gets me bullsh*t poorly paid monkey labour (i.e. could train a monkey to do it) :(
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

With some help from 4 of my lsmates~ Samural AF Helm {mine}

To sweeten that: *ding* 60 Samurai!!! :D *glee*

Now I need to burn through some assaults to get that bushedo cape & a chiv. chain!

So far salmon in the lead, but I found out 1 guest does not like salmon (not including me :p I'm vegetarian so none of that fishy stuff for me :P ).
I may make both, but which salmon dish should I craft up...
:?:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Super mega whammy ding! Chains of Promethia completed!

well almost, have to wait until tomorrow for the cutscenes and then my Rajas Ring, wee~! 8)

Edit: Claim page 138 ontop of that :P
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well, after much waiting I will soon be able to explore the WotG areas and unlock SCH and DNC.

Yes, my 360 is finally back from the repair shop. I got my old 360 back with a sweet new BenQ drive and it is so quiet!

Updatega is nearing completion so I'll chat with you all later. Gonna play me some FFXI and Halo 3. Played some Mass Effect but I honestly can't concentrate knowing Keavy has two locked jobs.

P.S. Congratulations, Sug!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

Keavy wrote:Well, after much waiting I will soon be able to explore the WotG areas and unlock SCH and DNC.

Yes, my 360 is finally back from the repair shop. I got my old 360 back with a sweet new BenQ drive and it is so quiet!

Updatega is nearing completion so I'll chat with you all later. Gonna play me some FFXI and Halo 3. Played some Mass Effect but I honestly can't concentrate knowing Keavy has two locked jobs.

P.S. Congratulations, Sug!
Yay!!! Just let me know if you want help with Halo 3.

For some reason I'm not able to connect to FFXI right now, but hopefully I'll see you this weekend.

My goal for this weekend is to atleast get War to the dunes and get some decent exp.
Kiraku: [lvl 44 SAM] [Lvl 33 MNK] [lvl 25 WAR] [lvl 15 BST] [lvl 10 BLM] [lvl 10 WHM] [lvl 21 THF]

[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/okanestar789/Kir071223003827a.jpg[/img]
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

You said Dunes and decent exp in the same sentence.

lol.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

Finwich wrote:You said Dunes and decent exp in the same sentence.

lol.
Yeah... I know.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Biggest ding that has ever dinged on the face of the dinging planet of dings!

My best accomplishment to date and doubt it will ever be topped :D
Kyuiily
Kitten

Post by Kyuiily »

for me finally unlocking COR and PUP after waiting months to try and also unlocking DNC so now just need to unlock SCH and I'll have all the jobs
DRG40. WHM 30, WAR 24, SMN 20, MNK 10, BLM 20, RDM 7, SAM 22, NIN 14. DNC 20
RSE: 4/4
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

CoP Complete! {Sattva Ring}{mine}. :3

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Logged into FFXI after hours of updates to find out I had 30 minutes to play until the servers shut down. :( So I hopped a Chocobo, ran to the Maw in Rolanberry Fields, and as I was watching my Cutscene I got the "Log out now or we'll log you out" messages from POL. After the CS was over, I logged.

Log back in with the full intention of unlocking access to the Meriphataud Mountains Maw when this giant plant monster decided to have its way with me. 200+DMG a hit with 900ish HP...I didn't last long. Tired and frustrated, I went to sleep.

Logged in today after work to discover...I had to Gate Breach to get back to the past. Luckily my LS was helping a member's girlfriend get her RDM AF and agreed to Gate Breach for me if I assisted. When I got to the past again I remembered my Sneak/Invis and gave the plant monster a /slap as I passed by it.

I also have Dancer and Scholar unlocked and will join the Cobras then level them tomorrow.

As for Rish's problem I noticed this myself and this is how I solved it: Boot with the WotG DVD not the FFXI DVD. For some reason after I registered the WotG ID my 360 will only boot with the WotG DVD.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Got your ring in the wrong slot, Kintrra :p

Promethia fight was fun, ne? :) I finished the first form with a 4-hit Penta for 888 damage and good ol' Prishe finished the second with Banishga III :D

I was going to compile all the ending cutscenes into a video but I ran out of HD space, not sure if I can watch the last CS again (hope so :().
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Goblin footprint at the entrance, then for the second part the footprint in Al'Taieu.

And if you found that CS impressive, wait till you see the CS before the Apocolypse Nigh fight. :3
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Sugami wrote:Got your ring in the wrong slot, Kintrra :p

Promethia fight was fun, ne? :) I finished the first form with a 4-hit Penta for 888 damage and good ol' Prishe finished the second with Banishga III :D

I was going to compile all the ending cutscenes into a video but I ran out of HD space, not sure if I can watch the last CS again (hope so :().
There's a correct slot for it? o.O; lol

Also of note, since the addition of my Sattva, that puts me at Enmity+38 in my typical tank gear, +39 if I'm using my Valor Leggings. Which is a good thing cuz my DDs in Dynamis <3 to rip hate off me. >.< lol

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Kintrra wrote:
Sugami wrote:Got your ring in the wrong slot, Kintrra :p

There's a correct slot for it? o.O; lol

Also of note, since the addition of my Sattva, that puts me at Enmity+38 in my typical tank gear, +39 if I'm using my Valor Leggings. Which is a good thing cuz my DDs in Dynamis <3 to rip hate off me. >.< lol
Geez, 39 Enmity...what do you do, murder the mob's family, defecate on the corpses, then set them on fire?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kirin twice today, first one TP burned in 1 minute 48 seconds.
A new record for us.

The second was semi traditional, kite till the demis died and then kill it in a semi TP burn manner as a lot of Melee used 2 hours for the first.
I was the kiter! :shock:
He stonega IV'd and the Astral flowed right after, I survived with 7 HP left. :o

Kirin also left me this shiny:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Ding! SCH 12 Ding! DNC 6

Found I love SCH but don't care much for DNC. SCH's off to the dunes tomorrow.