:P i need your wise information ^_^

A place to talk about... anything!
Nekosama
Tomcat

:P i need your wise information ^_^

Post by Nekosama »

Hi

I know i am getting FF11 for my birthday, so i cant buy it i have to wait!!!

I am from England so FF11 only came out last month.

As lots of you have been playing FF11 for a long time! has anyone got some tips for the new girl? ^_^

Thank you!
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Voidia
Kitten

Post by Voidia »

Well for starters make sure you always have signet on you so the mobs will drop crystals. And try to fight only the bees if you start in windy. A stack of wind crystal sell for 2000+ gil while earth crystals(what you get from mandragoras and rarabs) sell for less then 500 gil.

And you also start with a basic weapon in your inventory not equipped, make sure you equip it before you go fighting the mobs. Seen a few newbs fighting them h2h when thier job is war or something other then mnk.
Nekosama
Tomcat

Post by Nekosama »

:) thank you ^_^

i can't wait to get started!
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Mcpiggi
Tomcat

Post by Mcpiggi »

There's so much in the game to learn, it could be frustrating at first (and boring to go solo) but once you get past level 9-10 you should start joining parties.
Well first off I guess you can decide on your server, character, job, and starting town. I'm assuming you chose Mithra :wink: (no pressure~).
If you have friends that are playing and you would like to play with them, you'll need a worldpass code to ensure you get on their server. Or if you'd like to join any of the mithrapride's available as of now, I'm sure once you decide which server, the kitties would love to help you get a worldpass. Or you can have the server choice entirely up to fate. :)
Nekosama
Tomcat

Post by Nekosama »

I have a friend who going to wait and start with me so thank you for telling me about the servers ^_^

As soon as i looked at the races i wanted to be a Mithra! i love cats, i have two ^_^

i hope you big cats will look after me ^_^

My birthday is November 23rd i will let people know what my name is in the game, i would love to meet up with other Nekos (cats) :roll:
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Mcpiggi
Tomcat

Post by Mcpiggi »

That's wonderful! It's much more fun starting out with someone, even if you don't party til later.
Once you gals/guys decide which server you want to be on, just ask for someone in that server to get a worldpass code.
If you both want to stick together, it would be easier to pick the same starting town. Else you'll have to run thousands of miles to get to one another. You get to pick from:
1. Windurst, Forest home of Tarutaru's and Mithra
2. San'doria (a.k.a Sandoreo), Castle fortress of Elvaan's
3. Bastok, Industrial Mining home of Galka's and Humes.
Of course, i'm bias to Windurrrst!~ :D
Nekosama
Tomcat

Post by Nekosama »

^_^

Thank you, i just want to play it now!

i have to think of a good name for my Mithra ^_^
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Hey Nekosama, I've also taken a year or so of Japanese. Unfortunately :( I'm unable to continue on at any great speed because of upper level chemistry courses and labs.) Someday I'll get back it to. Anyways . . .

When it comes to starting out I think the biggest issue I had, was getting through the very lengthy registration and all of the downloading before I could even play. As for in game advice I'd strongly recommend that you get on one of the servers with Mithra Pride on it (since you seem quite taken with the race as we have; BTW Mithra players are the only people capable of pulling off an all-race linkshell. m(=^.^=)m ) Any of the servers MP is on would LOVE to have you join in their world and I know the members on Alexander would bend over backwards (not hard to do since we are cats) to answer any questions you may have and offer their help where they can. Like Mcpiggi mentioned, this game can be very overwhelming at first and it would be nice to have some friends to point you in the right direction and cheer you on.

As for which town to start in, well, I'm a San d'Orian; and very proud to be so. In the Alexander branch of MP our members come in about equal numbers from each of the three countries. I started in the Kingdom of San d'Oria because I was interesting in forests in that area, the concept of a castle-town (it's the only city that has never been breached), and the fact that Sandy has a blacksmith guild (my craft of choice) and a woodworker’s guild. Sandy, when compared to windy, has a better selection of weapon and armors for starting melee class jobs like my own; but Windy (Windurst) is much more suited for mage type jobs (and I think the leveling in Windy is easier between levels 1-10). I have another character, a little Tarutaru mage, that is from Windy; so I really do like Windy about as much as I like Sandy but for different reasons. (As for Bastok, all I can say is that it has a really friendly layout (Windurst’s is maddening at first), I’m down in the Bastok area a lot buying, and mining, smithing materials, and that Bastok is a very bleak and desolate place; but in that desolation there is lots of ore, which is why I visit.) You'll have to ask somebody about Bastok to know more.) So it all comes down to personal preference. Do some research and find out with country you wish to help build but in the end all that matters to us is that you're a Mithra. If we could build our own city we would; and what a city it would be!

Good luck and have fun!

BTW, another thing to consider is that if you start in the country where your people are from (In this case Mithra are found in Windy) you will get a special ring for starting there. The Windurst ring is great for mages but not as useful for melee jobs. Since I started in Sandy (home of the Elvaan; and yes they are snooty), I received no ring :( but within time I was able to earn a San d’Orian ring from my country and I proudly wear everywhere I go. :)
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

i'll fill in where Dukuji leves off.

Being a proud Bastokan i'll say that bastok offers a lot to the prospective newbie. The layout is simple, straitforward, and it holds it's own beauty. It's easy to navigate, has a low-level area INSIDE the city (something that all other cities lack) and offers a lot of secondary quests. Natual stone is the building material of choice and that's prrretty enough for me, after all, it IS a desert.

Don't let those LongWindedians and San'Boringans try to tell you different.

San'boringa is just that. Boring. It IS a fortress after all. It's designed to be close, tight, and confusing. The only real pretty place in San'B is the main courtyard before the elvann's castle and church. And oh yeah... Elvann NPCs are arrogant jacgophs who Won't give you the time of day unless you're San'Dorian. Even with a decent amount of fame there they still treat me like trash when renting a room.

Windurst is pretty. Little tricks of light, little magical things occuring almost at random, lots of water, lots of open areas. But it has a some things going against it. It's useless to start any job but WHM BLM or RDM in Windy, there just isn't enough support to become a good fighter without travelling to sandy or bastok for equipment. Windurst is also the most remote of the cities also, being FAR away from bastok and Sandy means you're less likely to find a diverse party. It also means you have to travel a long distance to get to the popular leveling areas. But the point that really sticks a burr in my tail is the fact that they're trying to replace thier Mithrra soldiers with robots. Some hosts they are, putting poor innocent Mithrra out of jobs. SHAME ON THOSE LITTLE TARU..... FORSHAME!
Last edited by Gwynn on Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Thataru isn't true! We're not replacing our dear Mithran friends with the Cardians. It should be obvious enough that they can't replace them as it is.
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

Kopopo wrote:Thataru isn't true! We're not replacing our dear Mithran friends with the Cardians. It should be obvious enough that they can't replace them as it is.
Yes, but following the cardian quest tract shows you the true plot that shows that they're trying to improve them enough so they can take over guard duties and "Reduce TaruTaru reliance on the Mithrra element in Windurrst"

Warning thread hijack alert, lets take this to a new thread of you want to discuss.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Gwynn wrote:LongWindedians . . . San'Boringans
:lol: Oh, that makes me smile, I sometimes hate taking quests in Windy because I'll have to sit through about an hour's worth of the Taru baby talk before they'll give me the quest. Makes ya wanna chase them around to get them shut their mouths. :lol: And yes, some of the Elvaan NPCs in Sandy do need to lighten up a bit (the King is nice though, real humble guy; don't know where his sons went wrong.)
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Mcpiggi
Tomcat

Post by Mcpiggi »

Gwynn wrote:LongWindedians and San'Boringans
:lol: Guess I'll have to add in BaStinkians.

Windurst is definitely good for the beginning mage jobs. And depending on which town you choose, you get a different storyline through Missions. Each town has their own uniqueness to offer (good and bad).

You can also decide which job you want to begin with. You can change jobs at your Moghouse at anytime. But you get certain starting equipment/scrolls depending on your first job.
The choices for jobs are whitemage, blackmage, redmage, thief, warrior, monk. Once you hit level 30 you can quest for advanced jobs.
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

And you also start with a basic weapon in your inventory not equipped, make sure you equip it before you go fighting the mobs. Seen a few newbs fighting them h2h when thier job is war or something other then mnk.
If you start out as a Warrior (which is a decent job to start with), ditch the standard-issue Onion Sword ASAP. Contrary to tradition, sword is a terrible weapon for Warriors. Pick up a nice one-handed Axe or a two-handed Great Axe and go to town.

Sell almost everything on the Auction House. Check the price history of each item before putting it up for bids. Sometimes you can get more by selling the item to a store or turning it in for a quest.

I hope you end up on one of our servers so we can help you with any questions you may have in-game. :D
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

If you are mithra and pick windurrrst as a starting town you get a free ring to start off with. If you pick Bastok or San'dOria you get nothing. :roll:
Nekosama
Tomcat

Post by Nekosama »

WOW

Everyone is so helpful ^_^ thank you!

When i get FF for my birthday i will be asking you lots more Qs ^_^

and by the sounds of it i will be starting in Windurrrst ^_^
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

You can start a melee job in Windy! :P" Ryan has the bronze and brass equipment very cheap, right by the boat shops in Port Windurst. I always pick up something from him when I start a new job. ^^
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Whatever nation you decide to join, be sure to travel to San d'Oria ASAP. It has by far the best newbie zones in the game.

Bastok has wide open easy to navigate newbie areas with good exp mobs but they're almost all earth and water element which means crappy crystal drops. I'm from Bastok and love it to death but the newbie zones are crap for making the all important gil. And you will need gil to pay for gear and spells. The city itself is the best next to Jeuno. Convenient layout (even better w/ the Mog House expansion), and intelligent design, Bastok had the best city planners. Windurst has few people and it's the most spread out city. Also half the people in Windurst are fishing bots so you feel terribly alone there. No one talks. I can never get a port there for those reasons. Sandy you hear some dialogue at least but it's not a lot better. Bastok Markets is where it's at. Other than Jeuno, no where else has more activity. There's always shouts and flame battles (it's a rough city ^^) and teleport requests (which are very quickly filled), and recruiting for LSs, EFs, garrisons, dragon fights, you name it. It's like a mini-Jeuno!

Windurst is well, Windurst. Everything about that area is designed to get under your skin. A lot of the loot from mobs is unstackable and/or rare/EX. Which means your bag will fill quick and often. So you have to run back into town to try to find an NPC to sell the junk to in addition to the AH to sell the good stuff to (and on Midgardsormr at least, it will sell for less. Windy AH is a buyer's market). Lots and lots of running. Windurst is very time consuming. Nothing is convinient there. "Localized" is not a word that exists in the Taru language. As you can see, I do not like Windurst.

San d'Oria has jerks for NPCs but they have some good newbie quests, a very pretty newbie zone with great drops and fun music, and a fairly simple city layout (only two areas are maze-like and you don't go there much). Sandy's AH is (on Midgardsormr) a seller's market so you'll get more bang for your crystal (or whatever).

Lastly the ring you'd start w/ in Windy isn't that great. None of the newbie rings are. Windy ring is +AGI, INT, and MP. I can't think of a single starter job that would utilize that well other than maybe the RDM.

Sandy ring is +MND, STR and DEF which is well suited for WHM, PLD (which is an advanced job), and to an extent, WAR.

Bastok's ring is IMO the best one (+DEX, VIT, and HP) which makes it suitable for any melee job.

Personal recommendation: Join Bastok, level any job to 10 in the San d'Orian newbie zones.

Last note, you CAN change your alliegence later, but it costs you 40k gil and all your CP. So if you're not happy where you're at, you can change.

Good luck! >^^<
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Windurst has those warping mages throught the city. Bastok doesn't. Windurst has Mithra. Bastok has Galka.
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Fayin's post (hopefully still above me) has a lot of great advice, but some of the things she said apply to her server only. For example, on Alexander, Bastok is a ghost town. Nobody goes to Bastok to sell anything (unless it pretains to the guilds there), put something up for sell in Bastok (other than low level items) and you'll only have it returned to you three days later. The only shouts you hear there (when compared to the other cities) are ones for the buying and selling of ores. The "happening" place of choice, next to Jeuno, is definitely San d'Oria on Alexander. If I need to really move stuff through the AH, Sandy is the only way to go on Alexander. So as you can see, some things are on a server by server basis.

Having leveled new jobs in all three low level areas, I do think San d'Oria has the most potential for cash (orcs there drop fire crystals) I also think it is the toughest area to level a job. This is due to the very easily aggroing and linking mobs (hard to find an orc without another one five feet away) and with all of the trees and hills it's hard to see them coming sometimes. I think Windy is the easiest but like Fayin said, your inventory is constatly full of nonstackable items. Bastok is safer then Sandy (due to the open areas) and gives a steady stream of exp coming in, but it's hard to make a buck there by killing monsters alone.

As for the changing of citizenship, it might cost 40k, if the country you want to move to is in first place. If it is in 2nd it is only 10k and if in 3rd, a mere 4k.

As for the rings, yeah they are crap for higher levels but great for low level jobs. Especially since there are so few rings before level 14. Here are the stats on the rings:

San d'Orian Ring: DEF+2, STR+1, MND+1
Bastokan Ring: HP+3, DEX+1, VIT+1
Windurstian Ring: MP+3, AGI+1, INT+1

Of course the only ring Mithra can start out with is the Windurstian. (The others can be earned but they take some time.)
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Any AGI boosting equip is grrreat for mithra, so the ring is nothing to sneeze at. :wink:

Plus well... Windurst is the home of Mithrrra! There are more mithra per capita in Windurst then the other 2 towns combined! :)
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

If I had to do it all over again . . . *whisper* . . . I'd start in Windy. (Don't tell my San d'Orian countrymen.) :P
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

(if i had to do it all over, i would have started in windy, gotten the free ring, and ran to sandy as fast as i can to switch allegiances^^)
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Nivez wrote:(if i had to do it all over, i would have started in windy, gotten the free ring, and ran to sandy as fast as i can to switch allegiances^^)
Now that's what I'm talking about! :D
Nekosama
Tomcat

Post by Nekosama »

What does the Free ring do?

(Sorry im still a kitten!) :?:
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Stat boosts. I think it's +1 MND and +1 INT. Good for mages.
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

Since you'd be a Mithra the free Windurstian Ring would give you +1 AGI +1 MND +3 MP. Agility is good for evasion, intelligence for black magic, and MP for just casting magic.

But that's if you start in Windy.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Pyrexia wrote:Since you'd be a Mithra the free Windurstian Ring would give you +1 AGI +1 MND +3 MP. Agility is good for evasion, intelligence for black magic, and MP for just casting magic.

But that's if you start in Windy.
I'm pretty sure the ring gives you:

MP+3, AGI+1, and INT+1

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?fitem=749

The Sandy ring is the one that gives the mind +1
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

I meant INT... I used intelligence in my explanation... oopsy :oops:
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Kopopo wrote:Stat boosts. I think it's +1 MND and +1 INT. Good for mages.
It good forrr THFs and any Mithrrra class due to the AGI boost.