A place to talk about... anything!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

*touches Kintrra's bellybutton*

Congrrrats

[edit] Eep Ding!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Grats to both of you.

Almost done with checker training. Just need to do a produce identification test.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Shirai wrote: I really like my attack speed now even though I lack a Suppa (Which I'm planning to get don't worry.)

Maybe you nins can help me.
Currently I have a Fenrir's earring for daytime together with a Minuet which I will replace with my Brutal once I reach 75.
I am looking for some decent earring for night which doesn't cost me an arm and a leg until I get my suppa.

And how are your thoughts on Loquacios earring for Utsu cast/recast? (Macro'd)
Loquacious is 2% FC (so 1% off the recast). If you have one already and you're OK swapping stuff in mid-macro, you might as well do it. For a VERY long time I never swapped haste or enmity in. I just recently made some non-blinking macros for enmity on provoke and ninjutsu/FC on utsusemi. 30s after trying them on :ichi, I removed 'em. I still have 'em on :ni. They're OK. Hard to notice. Non-blinking enmity swap in for provoke is HUGE, though. Especially since I think I have about +20 non-blinking enmity.

Ears? Hmmm. I had suppanomi from THF, so I put it on the instant I hit 72. My own feeling is other than brutal and suppa, ears make almost no difference at all for your damage output. So, I wore eris+1 in both ears until replaced by brutal & suppa.

If you're needed as an HNM tank or planning on doing it, you will need eris+1 anyway. They're awesome in BCs, but not really required. Not req'd at all for merit/xp. So, buying those may or may not make sense for you. Other than that, I'd just buy whatever is fun for you and has a very nice resale ability. You'll ditch it for suppa/brutal when you get those.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I'm planning to use ninja as merit job mostly.
Other then that for Dynamis/Salvage.

My LS uses Paladins for HNM events most of the time so I'm not expecting them to ask me on ninja a lot.
Even though I did tank Suzaku yesterday.
(With 0 enmity gear to add ._.)
I guess I'm forced to buy a light ore soon then and get me that Suppa.
And yes I own a Loq already for my summoner and White mage jobs.

Thanks for the advise.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Got Genbu's Shield the other night- I r happy kitty atm^^

Also CS+Stun tanked Suzy during her 2hr- and didn't die :lol:

My ls's two nins who were there grabbed hate back with little problem as soon as her (and my) 2hr's where over.

BLU 15- about time to stop beating on EPs and move on to the big stuff with my NPC I think. Not sure if I should keep her as Healer of change her to Tank mode.

Made another one of my cakes for a friend's Halloween party yesterday- the party was Harry Potter themed so I made the Sorting Hat :lol: Came out really good- I'll post a pic as soon as I get them developed.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

My Dynamis - Sea LS is on a push to get the rest of us to Sea.

Thursday we did 3 - 5, Darkness Named.

Friday we did 4 - 2, The Savage and 4 - 3, The Secrets of Worship.

Tomorrow, well I have to read up on that one. :lol:

/dance
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

First party on DRG since 2-handed update, I accidentally had NIN sub :lol: but I was pulling hate left, right and centre so /WAR would easily have got me killed :lol:

Anyways, Marksmanship Skill modification level 7. :D
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Well this is not game related but~
FINISHED my Halloween costume in time for Halloween.
Went to a fabu ball dressed as Rydia from FFIV complete with Edge to follow me around! :P
Felt like a celeb when I got there b/c I was being asked to stop and pose for pics :)
There were, as always, many AWESOME costumes & my friends and I had a lot of fun.
One of my friends won "Most Original Couple". She was wearing a burger costume she made & went up with a guy in a Wendy's wig! :D

On a FFXI note: Yay, finally can play again!
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tianshii wrote:Well this is not game related but~
FINISHED my Halloween costume in time for Halloween.
Went to a fabu ball dressed as Rydia from FFIV complete with Edge to follow me around! :P
Felt like a celeb when I got there b/c I was being asked to stop and pose for pics :)
There were, as always, many AWESOME costumes & my friends and I had a lot of fun.
One of my friends won "Most Original Couple". She was wearing a burger costume she made & went up with a guy in a Wendy's wig! :D

On a FFXI note: Yay, finally can play again!
Can we has piccies? :O

Sorry, I'mma FFIV fan, <3 Rydia. =X

And where's kitten piccies anyway? :P
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Got my Dagger Modification to level 2 :)

Getting ready for Dancer :P not sure if I want to cap Marksmanship for COR or keep it at 7 and put 5 into Dagger :oops:
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Decided to take a stab at PSC Ilrusi Atol (Golden Salvage) on my Pup. There's a Pup named Resheph on my server who was part of a Pup LS called Puppet Show, the developed and posted the method for Pup to solo this Assault and got it posted to ffxiclopedia.org, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

74Pup(me)
75Bst(Bst's can solo this too, and she was our backup plan. CourierCarrie ftw)
75Pld(Mostly to distract the fishies while we poke mimics.)

Well, the first run involved working the kinks out of this. It was my first run ever on this, and the other two never even have seen one of the chests before, they just stayed at the start while a Smn soloed it. This time I made them come with me just to be safe.

We hit 11 chests and ran out of time. Also, a couple deaths due to not knowing exactly how to work my automaton.

Next three runs, flawless victory! Pahluwan Body, you shall be mine, it is but a matter of time...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Kintrra wrote:Can we has piccies? :O

Sorry, I'mma FFIV fan, <3 Rydia. =X

And where's kitten piccies anyway?
Sorry, I did take more kitten pics, but haven't loaded them up to photobucket yet :oops:

As for Rydia.. here ya go!
This is like a "making of". I had planned to do several to share with my LS, but kept forgetting to take pics LOL

THere is a shot of one of the kittens in the 2nd pic!
Had to greenify the corset... So I got green fabric and covored it... hand sewen! In fact, 90% of the outfit is hand sewen. Bought the shoes, aren't they hidious, yet perfect! :D

These are day of, took them as I was rushing off to meet friends at the bar before the ball! :D
I have some my friend sent me that has a better shot of the whole outfit, gotta load 'em up though.

Edge After a few beers and shots of tequila! :lol:
He's giving the finger in this shot so I didn't make it an image...
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233 ... dia018.jpg
Sugami wrote:Got my Dagger Modification to level 2 :)
Ohhh good idea!! >_< I should be doing that, but I don't even have THF leveled to 75 :(
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Forgot to include...
Beat Omega w/ my LS in 9 min.!!!

LS did Hornes of War 5 times which ended with 5 dead behemoth :twisted: No tongue tho :(

Samurai *ding* 52
Assassen Summoner
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Ooooh, not bad at all on the costumes. And I see a kitten in the corner of the second piccie! :lol:

EDIT: oh...wait, you pointed out the kitten too, lmao, I ignored the text a bit, wanted to see your costume. :rofl:

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Really nice costume there Tian!
Impressive work.

As for Personall accomplishments lately:

Did my first Kirin TP burn.
2.5 minutes and Kirin went bye bye, only dropped osode though.
Then killed a second Kirin in a semi TP burn and went down in 10 minutes without the use of 2 hours.

Tried Ouryu Cometh, was my current LS' first try.
We ran out of time so lost but built up experience and will certainly get him down next time!

Talking about Rydia:
Image :love:

Courtesy to Spira of KI's Signature.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

LOVE that Rydia pic!!! :love: I based my outfit on the drawing in the FFIV guide & took some creative liberties of course :wink:
I did have a whip on my outfit!!! I was carrying it until I got to the ball, then I looped through the sashes. Yes it was a real whip :twisted:

Ohh and accomplishments:
(forgot to mention before)
{Glory Crown} {mine} ! :D

Found the Kuftal coffer this morning for my SAM hands.
Much thanks to ma ls peeps for staying up late with me helping me farm keys (yes keys, i spaced and never saw the 1st one drop so it fell to someone else & we farmed a 2nd one) :oops:

EDIT: I claim this page in the name of whip-cracking summoners everywhere!!! :2thumb:
Assassen Summoner
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tianshii wrote:I did have a whip on my outfit!!! I was carrying it until I got to the ball, then I looped through the sashes. Yes it was a real whip :twisted:
{fear} :shock:
Forgot to include...
Beat Omega w/ my LS in 9 min.!!!
Sweet!
Next time you do him try to hold him at around 5% health.
Within this time he can pop another 3 to 4 Gunpods which can hold chips for a next Omega fight, A. coins, AF materials or crafting materials.
(He spawns a Gunpod about every 5 to 7 minutes.)

In this stage you can either kite him or straight tank him.
We usually fully straight tank Omega and keep our stunners on their toes to stun Collosal blow (The feared hate reset move.)
This shouldn't be too hard, since you stop all damage at this point Omega's TP gain slows down significantly making it a lot easier to spot a readying TP move.
His laser shower isn't that dangerous if you keep everyone except for the tanks out of range.
There are a few other moves he uses in that last stage but he likes to spam laser shower and collosal blow the most.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

I'm stylin...sort of. :lol:

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I see what you did there 8)

[edit]
Ding! post #1100
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

First DL slaying with this shell: 35 people, 90s for the kill. ^^
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Shirai wrote:Next time you do him try to hold him at around 5% health.
Within this time he can pop another 3 to 4 Gunpods which can hold chips for a next Omega fight, A. coins, AF materials or crafting materials.
Yeah... I know, but we have like 2 more omega sets to do & rare that we get 18, so they end up just sucking up space for the ppl holding.
:(

I've done omega twice w/ this group and a few times w/ a previous group. Every time it's been with 18 people.
So I'm curious if you've done it with less, Shirai?
If so how many and what jobs?
(If we could do it with like...12-14 that would be schwweeettt. I may just try it on a whim :twisted: )

8) DO WANT! Hopefully I'll quest my sexy shades after work!
Lookin' sexeah sisterrrrrrrrrs!

*ding* DRG 32 !!!
Assassen Summoner
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

2/6 Ninja Relic

Oh and Ding: Ninja 74!
Tianshii wrote: I've done omega twice w/ this group and a few times w/ a previous group. Every time it's been with 18 people.
So I'm curious if you've done it with less, Shirai?
If so how many and what jobs?
(If we could do it with like...12-14 that would be schwweeettt. I may just try it on a whim :twisted: )
Yes we've done Omega before with a smaller group.
Seeing you can easily take him down in 9 minutes with a full alliance taking him with a smaller group shouldn't be a problem.

12 people Omega:

Main Tanks:
2 NIN/DRK or 2 PLD/NIN or one of each.
one NIN/WAR to voke the gunpods and voke gunpods only! (My duty last Omega fight)
WHM
RDM
BRD

Second Party:
2 Melees able to make a light SC preferably /thf TPing with Opo Necklace.
RDM/DRK
BLMx2
Filler (Basicly any job can fill this spot.)

As advised before:
Work your way down as normal, it goes a bit slower but should be managable.
Have stunners on their toes for Pile pitch and in the final stage Collosal Blow.
These are hate reset moves.

The first stage (4 legs) As he's resistant to melee damage use this time for the tanks to get hate.
Have the tanks sleep 300 TP too with sword equiped to Spirit's within at start for a major hate spike.
If all is good the melee have TP'd before entering the BC area.

Second Stage (2 legs) he'll be resistant to magic but weak to melee, have the melee make skillchains and SATA the tanks for even more hate.
It's ok to TP off Omega at this point and keep doing this until Omega goes back on 4.

Stage 3 (4 legs again) Omega is yet again resistant to melee but weak to magic.
At this point hate should be settled so the BLMs can nuke light nukes on it until the last stage.
In case that isn't enough and he's not down to 25% repeat step 2.

Last stage (25% health and lower 2 legs form) he'll take half damage from magic and melee.
in this form SC and MB until Omega goes down.
Have stunners keep their foot on Collosal Blow or you'll end up with dead BLMs.
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

ding 65RDM/32BLM

and I got my dynamis CSs done
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Spent a few hours running around Vana'diel collecting crystal shards- fun! Especially the killing NMs part :lol: They all hit like bricks but they die to sleep/nuke just fine :D

{Fancy Spectacles}: O

Got BST to 20 as well. A BST in my shell mentioned once that the last 1k exp is the hardest and I have to agree- took me forever to get to 20- mischarms, bad charms, mobs that just would not cooperate /sigh.

Also made a sig for a friend- He wanted a personalized Osode. So I gave him one :lol: :lol:

[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Altana has been generous this weekend:

(Currently @ 10% Haste 15% with Turban at 75, Kittypants will probably be another 6/7 months before it's my turn :lol: )
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

I'm dandy! :D

Also, *ding* DRG 33 :thumb:
Assassen Summoner
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Been a long road, but completely worth it.

Per my usual customs, this pic was taken after I had a chance to get back up off the ground. I ended the Tenzen fight dead, of course. :rofl:

8-1~8-4 to go before Sattva. :twisted:

oh, and also.

Too bad I can't use it. :lol:

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Completed Chapter 6 of CoP (finally) 8)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Congrrrats Kintrra and Sugami!

Ding! 75 #3!
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

5/5 VALOR!!! :D

Also got 5/5 THF AF, Paragon of Thief Excellence I be. ^^