Server change can I get some opinions

A place to talk about... anything!
Delila
Kitten

Server change can I get some opinions

Post by Delila »

I'm in Odin been there since April 04. its gotten to the point where all I see is drama everywhere. SE has given the option to do a free server transfer to Ramora or Hades cause Odin is over populated. this server has become 90% drama 10% fun :cry: . I'm looking for Opinions on where I should move. Basicly I want 80-90% fun 20-10% drama server :lol: lets face it there is no such thing as 100% no drama :) .it would be nice to move to a server with an active MP LS. but if niether of these 2 servers have one its ok. Help me out tell me what you think.
PLD75 WAR40 MNK20 NIN31 BLM31 THF60 RDM12 WHM50 SMN 10
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/gallery/albums/userpics/11831/Delila.jpg[/img]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I'd suggest finding a home before you move. Hunt around for a linkshell that sounds fun and that accepts cross-server apps. One thing to be aware of is that most folks view server transfers with at least a little suspicion. The supposition is that if someone can't get along with or make friends with the 2000 people on the original server, what's to say anything will be different on the new one?

If you're into doing any of the game-spawned HNMs, you are going to find crazy drama wherever you go. The HNM scene is literally crawling with claimbots and drama. It's detestable and even worse, SE likes it that way. Sooooo easy to fix it just by changing things to player-spawned, but they insist on supporting the rabid addicts & claimbots that drive people away from the game. ><

BTW, my shell has accepted transfers before. About 1/3 are nice folks and fun to have around. A couple are so nice it makes me wonder what kind of hell their original server was to drive them away. About 2/3 are the kind you start searching for a reason to kick them from shell, though. I'd have suggested Bismarck, but at least with my shell, we're so overloaded on extremely well geared tanks that most players with a tank job leveled end up playing other jobs 99% of the time.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I've done the server switch before, out of Valefor and into Leviathan. Really, its an odd feel.

I mean REALLY ODD.

Same familiar places, monsters, and NPCs. Just all the friends you've spent the last few months/years aren't there.

Its a sad feeling, but if you can get one of your friends to jump with you, its a nice thing. I think I'm going to see if I can give Eithin a little visit.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Okuza wrote:One thing to be aware of is that most folks view server transfers with at least a little suspicion. The supposition is that if someone can't get along with or make friends with the 2000 people on the original server, what's to say anything will be different on the new one?
I didn't veiew server hoppers like that at all... until 2 we got turned into greedy dramalamas :stare: and then I did think... okay why wouldn't they ever tell me the actual reason for the hop?
Tho~ I spose ya get people like that everywhere *shrug* :roll:

I'm not on either of those servers that are offered for the free hop, so I can't help ya there.
I do have a former Odin server person who left that server b/c of the drama. That's freakin' crazy & I wish you luck!
If you opt to pay to be able to choose, lemmie know & I can tell you about my ls. :)
Good Luck!
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Delila
Kitten

Post by Delila »

If you're into doing any of the game-spawned HNMs, you are going to find crazy drama wherever you go. The HNM scene is literally crawling with claimbots and drama. It's detestable and even worse, SE likes it that way. Sooooo easy to fix it just by changing things to player-spawned, but they insist on supporting the rabid addicts & claimbots that drive people away from the game. ><
If the drama I was speaking about was this kind I think I would of quit playing a long time ago :lol: . Odin is infested with Gil sellers and botters everywhere. The drama I speak of is ppl forgeting we play to have fun and they start flipping out for the dumbest things. some Higher lvl ppl thinking they are better than everyone else and some lower lvl ppl hating on ppl that have a lvl 75 job. I expect some of this but it has been a routine thing here in Odin. You can't go a day without someone saying some ignorat remark. I just want to get away from all that or at least 90% of it and start having fun again. All of my close friends have quit the game. and only Eminaatriee and I remain and I have a feeling she's gonna quit too for the same reasons I am speaking of. I have talked her into moving servers with me. Just need some input on those 2 cause we some cheap busters wanna take advantage of it being free :rofl:
PLD75 WAR40 MNK20 NIN31 BLM31 THF60 RDM12 WHM50 SMN 10
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/gallery/albums/userpics/11831/Delila.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Server change can I get some opinions

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Server change can I get some opinions

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru