FFXI World Emigration

A place to talk about... anything!
Klenath
Big Cat

FFXI World Emigration

Post by Klenath »

Seems the Euro release has prompted the creation of three new servers.

Details:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news2806.shtml

Text:
----------------------------------------------------------------

Sep. 22, 2004 02:00 [PDT]

Applying for World Emigration (Sep. 22)

The commencement of European FINAL FANTASY XI service has increased the overall population during peak times. Though the servers are able to cope with the added load, we have noticed that the peak population at 7:00 (PDT) has increased drastically, with more Japanese and North American players joining the game. For this reason, we have decided to invite players to emigrate to different Worlds to help balance the overall population. Please read the following carefully. If you wish to emigrate, please follow the
instructions below.

*Currently, access peak fluctuations for the European version are within acceptable levels.

[World Emigration Guidelines]

Applicable Worlds:

-All Worlds

Application Period:

From Sep. 22, 2004 02:00 (PDT) until Oct. 3, 2004 8:00 (PDT)

Regarding new World implementation and emigration:

-Details regarding whether or not the emigration will take place, the date and time of emigration, the number of new Worlds created, and details about the configuration of new Worlds will be based on the outcome of the recruitment. There will be an announcement at a later time.

-3 new Worlds are scheduled to be created. In the event that applicants are divided among multiple Worlds, all applicants from a single World will be moved into the same new World.

-In the event that the number of players who wish to emigrate to the new World does not fill up one whole World, the World shift will be postponed.

How to apply for World emigration:

When the application period begins, an NPC called the World Shifter will appear in each of the following areas. By talking to this NPC, you can apply for or cancel World emigration, and confirm your character's emigration status. Please read the World Shifter's responses carefully before submitting an application.

Ru'Lude Gardens (I-10)
Port San d'Oria (I-8)
Port Bastok (L-8)
Windurst Walls (G-6)

*Note: After the application deadline, you will be unable to make any further requests for World emigration.

How to confirm your World emigration status:

During the application period, a login message will appear indicating your World emigration status. If you are already logged in, you can view this message by entering "/smes". Please be sure to confirm your status before the end of the application period.

*Message displayed when applying for World emigration:
"You have submitted an application for World emigration."

*Message displayed when not applying for World emigration:
"You have not submitted an application for World emigration."

CAUTION:

If you are considering applying for World emigration, please read the following points to ensure a smooth transition.

When emigrating:
Emigration of characters is done one at a time. If you request emigration for any of your other characters, please conduct all applications separately.

Character name:
If your character happens to have the same name as another player in the World to which you emigrate, you will have to change your name before entering that World. If you need to change your name, your name will be shown in yellow, and you must follow the on-screen instructions. This name change will not affect your Friend List.

Delivery Box/Auction items:
All items up for auction and in your Delivery Box will be lost when you emigrate. Please collect these items before moving. Any items in your Mog Safe will be transported with you to the new world.

Regarding used linkshells:
Following a World shift, your linkshells will be automatically exchanged with new, unopened linkshells. If you have an unused linkshell, you may bring it to the new World. If a linkshell owner emigrates, the player's old linkshell will be deactivated and a new unopened linkshell will be automatically provided.
maryadavies
Tomcat

Post by maryadavies »

Well, me and Shadowneko aren't gonna do it :) We like it where we are.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/maryadavies/Mary.jpg[/img]
~~Also known as Elizara ([url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?11530]WHM/BLM, I'll help if ya ask![/url])

[url=http://maffcode.vze.com]My FF Code[/url]
Mod on [url=http://oneroomstudios.illuminata7.net/ffxi/boards/]Kopopo's Opo-pos[/url], a new FFXI board. Come on over!
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Hmmm, I dunno, I think I may........
:roll:
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I'm staying put.
Jeniphel
Dirty Old Man Troll

Post by Jeniphel »

Rakis will probably move.

Jeni will stay put.
A flash from the past! ... though it's probably more like a drive-by mooning.
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

With this new announcement (and opportunity for some) these words come to mind:

Ah-ah-ahhhh-ah, ah-ah-ahhh-ah
We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow
Hammer of the gods
We'll drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, sing an' cry
(Atlana), I am coming
On we sweep-we with threshing oar
Our only goal will be the western shore
How soft your fields so green
Can whisper tales of gore
Of how we calmed the tides of war
We are your overlords

I know a few kitties in Alexander are planing on moving . . . (/cry) . . . but they plan on taking the banner of Mithra Pride with them.

Good luck to those those pilgrams that are going. 8)
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Sigyn
Tomcat

As for me....

Post by Sigyn »

I will stay...
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXI World Emigration

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXI World Emigration

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо