Hello, my name is Keavy and I am addicted to crafting.

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Hello, my name is Keavy and I am addicted to crafting.

Post by Keavy »

It started with Cooking. I wanted to make my own food but then I moved into Fishing, then Woodworking, and now Alchemy.

Before long I know I'll be in Clothcraft, Boneworking, and Leathercraft. I'll stop leveling just so I can get my fix. Before long I'll have the ability to craft any number of items. I...I can't stop myself...*Sobs* I just can't stop Crafting. I mean, its the thrill of a successful synthesis, of catching that big fish, of seeing the "(Skill) Skill rises .02 points" that I desire.

I know where this addiction will lead me; I've seen it a million times before: I'll have multiple mules. I'll flood AH's with consumables, I'll have money flowing like a glittering river.

I...I am weak, but I know with your help and support I can beat my addiction.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sadira
Tomcat

Re: Hello, my name is Keavy and I am addicted to crafting.

Post by Sadira »

Keavy wrote:I...I am weak, but I know with your help and support I can beat my addiction.
errrr....don't look at me. :oops:
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Keavy wrote: I...I am weak, but I know with your help and support I can beat my addiction.
My crafts are in my sig.

My melee kitty is Cloth 81 +2, Gold 25, Wood 19.

My Elvaan PLD is Wood 59+1, Smithing 51 +1, Leather 20, Bone 21, Cloth 19, and just recently Alchmey 6.

My Hume THF is Alchmey 60 +1, Gold 3, Smithing 14.

Somehow I don't think I can help Keavy.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

OHH HELL YEAHS!!!

Okay, so I started my new crafts today (Arrowwood to level 2 then Ash to 8 on WW and Tsurara from 0-6 on Alchemy) and threw as much as I could of each on the Jeuno AH before I left this afternoon to go to a friend's house for a party.

So anyways, I get back just now and those seven items sold for enough gil to cover my costs! Let me repeat: The seven AH slots filled with Lumber and tools sold for enough to cover all my costs for leveling those two crafts!!!

I immediately threw more up on the AH and will use that profit to go further. Right now I am thinking for Woodworking making Holly Lumber to 16 with Advanced Image Synthesis support for the first three levels and for Alchemy, I need to do more research before I decide.

Naturally with the piss-poor profits on Moat Carps and the fact that I missed the "Insane dude loaded with gil who is looking to buy his way to a Lu Shang's in record time" train I will instead focus on leveling Fishing instead of focusing on Carp at the moment. I want to stock up on Herrings so I can pickle them for skillups and use them for Guild Points so I can get my Raw Fish Handling since all the cool kids have that and I want to be cool, too.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Keavy wrote:Right now I am thinking for Woodworking making Holly Lumber to 16 with Advanced Image Synthesis support for the first three levels and for Alchemy, I need to do more research before I decide.
Status Bolts to 15. On Garuda, Acid Bolts sell the fastest.

The big advantage to leveling on Arrows, Bolts and NIN tools: quivers and toolbags give you some kind of record synth/AH slot ratio.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tsybil wrote:
Keavy wrote:Right now I am thinking for Woodworking making Holly Lumber to 16 with Advanced Image Synthesis support for the first three levels and for Alchemy, I need to do more research before I decide.
Status Bolts to 15. On Garuda, Acid Bolts sell the fastest.

The big advantage to leveling on Arrows, Bolts and NIN tools: quivers and toolbags give you some kind of record synth/AH slot ratio.
If I get enough money to buy a stack of the heads I will. Right now they're hovering at about 100K more than I have.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

If you beat my cloth craft, I WILL find you and strangle you

:D :D :D have a nice day
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I'll have money flowing like a glittering river.
:o

<nod><nod> Too bad it will be flowing away rather than toward. :(

Well, not really. It does profit, but it's more of a slow drip than a raging flood.

It's all about fun really. Just wanted to let you know not to get your hopes up too high about the gil in case you were doing crafts purely as a means rather than as an end in itself. I'd rather do things that make taru squeak myself. There's just something about small squeaky things with twitchy ears that .. uh, sorry, carried away for a sec.

BTW, I have 60 in all crafts except gold (51). If you'd like tips on stuff, I'd be happy to help. I know working out your own path is fun, too, so I'll just toss out these two little tips here.

Bookmark this: FFrecipe and this: Iokyst's Crafting Timer
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Yeah, I have a library of resources and I plan on eventually having 100 Fishing, 60 in all crafts, and then take 1 to 100 or 2 to 80. I'd love to take Woodworking to 100 just for a set of signed +1 Elemental Staves but that's only if I can't find a second craft that's a good moneymaker at 80.

The thing is I have a good niche market and I am making money off it while I skill up (Damn good money, too) and if it holds out, I am golden.
Dawezy
Tomcat

Post by Dawezy »

Cooking 93.4+1 atm..

Make a usual round of Coeurl Subs (93 cap) with an average yield of 300-500k profit. The only real expense I have are the crystals, and I usually smack up around 8-10 stacks.

Works for me. :D

Been thinking about WW tho, for some odd reason there are a few recepies I can work on that require WW as sub.. wth, I dont eat wood.. XD
~
[img]http://www.dawezy.com/ff11/Nibble.jpg[/img]
~

:D
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I just looked up Coeurl sub recipe. OUCH. It's not bad on cost (only coeurl meat and onions are AH-only, rest are vendor), but omg, talk about a laundry list of ingredients.

My mouse just ran away in fear and I don't even have the skill to make those.

I've yet to find a nice gil recipe that doesn't take all my inventory and/or all my time to craft. The ideal gil machine for me lets me do it while LFG on any job and switch really quick from craft mode to ready to XP. So at most say 5-6 slots for materiels.

These days I'm just touring the guilds and collecting all the key items. Every now and then I bump into a nice surprising high-profit GP item that sells really well. It's truly amazing how much profit margin lies in some of the easier-to-HQ lowbie items. I guess peeps just love owning random doohickey+1s.
Dawezy
Tomcat

Post by Dawezy »

Okuza wrote:I just looked up Coeurl sub recipe. OUCH. It's not bad on cost (only coeurl meat and onions are AH-only, rest are vendor), but omg, talk about a laundry list of ingredients.

My mouse just ran away in fear and I don't even have the skill to make those.
Mate, takes mad cooking skillz to get the job done.

BUT, the thing is.. and that makes all my profit is.

I farm all the ingredients myself..

So quite literally, the crystals/misc npc materials, are my only expense.

Then again, having a DRK75 makes all the pain go away when I go on my business ventures amongst the Coeurl's and Goblins.. hehe.

~
~

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Surely it'd be more profitable to farm things with higher value, use the money to buy the ingredients and synth the doodars?

For example lets say you farm 100K worth of goodies for the synth and resell for 200K netting you 100K profit.

However if you were to spend the exact same amount of time say farming cuttings you'd end up with 200K. Spend 100K on the ingredients and sell the result for 200K. You now have 100K + 100K profit.

However for me I farm Manticore Hairs (10-15K each) and use them to make Kaginawa. Since I can get Grass Thread from NPC and if I'm lucky same with Bronze Ingots otherwise I'll sit at the guild and make my own, makes the only expensive ingredient the actual Manticore Hair and using it in a synth to make more profit out of it.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Dawezy wrote:Been thinking about WW tho, for some odd reason there are a few recepies I can work on that require WW as sub.. wth, I dont eat wood.. XD
No, but you can smoke Salmon.

They are kind of hard to light....

Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I farm Manticore Hairs
Curious, do you farm the little ones in Altep or the bigger ones in Terrigan? For me, even gold coins produces more gil/h than manticore hair (sell coin, buy hair), but that could just because I was testing the drop rate in Altep where the manti aren't piled up on top of each other for nice chain pulling.
Dawezy
Tomcat

Post by Dawezy »

Tsybil wrote:No, but you can smoke Salmon.

They are kind of hard to light....
8)

'smokin

And yeah, Okuza, I occasionally farm King Truffle (280k a stack on Alexander) but the drop rates are absolutely horrid >_< and they onry drop off Killer Mushrooms down in Crawlers Nest (which get overcamped by all kinds of idiots, only 6 spawn in the cycle too), and 1 single NM in Boyhada Tree which would pwn me ; ;.

More-so due to Mushrooms having such a high Dark Resistance.. Drain is my lifeline o_o;
~
~

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Okuza wrote:
I farm Manticore Hairs
Curious, do you farm the little ones in Altep or the bigger ones in Terrigan? For me, even gold coins produces more gil/h than manticore hair (sell coin, buy hair), but that could just because I was testing the drop rate in Altep where the manti aren't piled up on top of each other for nice chain pulling.
Terrigan ones are like EM-VT to 75s, no way I could farm those. Lesser Manticores are the way to go, very quick to kill on DRG and any damage is minimal and made up by the Regen from my Corazza.
Standard Manticores cause too much downtime for my DRG, if they land a nasty TP move can take up to 300HP off.

Gold coins have taken a bit of a dive on Bahamut, think they're only 20K each now and unsure about the stack price. I'm not a THF so I can't reliably Steal them so it's out of the question.

Like I said I use the hair I farm to make Kaginawa which gives an extra 15Kish from 3 hairs unless I HQ or break (so 5K extra per hair I guess). Mining annoys me too much and manticores aren't always camped (like Goobs), plus I always take my NPC out and level her whilst I farm :)
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт