New Update Info for the 21st

A place to talk about... anything!
Sakino
Big Cat

New Update Info for the 21st

Post by Sakino »

All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 21)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.

* The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 21, 2006 from 10:00 to 12:00 (PDT)
*Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Details]
- Chocobo Raising will become available.

- The reuse timer for Puppetmaster's pet command, "Deactivate" will be changed to 1 minute.

- During a defensive Besieged, after retreating, the beastman forces would not remain at half strength. This will be fixed.

- Incorrect appearence for the "Archaic Mirror" monster within Arrapago Reef and Halvung will be fixed.

- An issue where "Sneak" and "Deodorize" effect would not be cancelled upon opening a Treasure Coffer or Treasure Chest will be fixed.

- The "Bad Breath" ability used by some of the Morbol type monsters has not been reflected properly. This will be addressed.

- An issue with the battle motion of the monster "Mammet" within the battle field for the "Ancient Vows" mission is not displayed correctly will be fixed.

- Using the "Spirit Link" ability after obtaining the the job trait "Empathy" would debuff pet wyvern instead. This will be addressed.

- Effects for the following items are not reflected correctly and will be addressed:
Karin Obi / Hyorin Obi / Furin Obi / Dorin Obi
Rairin Obi / Suirin Obi / Korin Obi / Anrin Obi

- An issue with the instrument "Storm Fife" which could not be sold on the auction house but can be selected from the inventory when selling will be addressed.

- The furniture "Fighting Fish Tank" would reproduce an improper layout size during mog house layout. This will be fixed.
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

There goes the ADD (Activate Deploy Deactivate) trick for PUPs, they all saw it coming though.

Yay for Chocobo Raising :)
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:There goes the ADD (Activate Deploy Deactivate) trick for PUPs, they all saw it coming though.
PUP: F*** SE! They're nerfing us. We quit.

SE: Wow, yeah, with you PUP's gone I don't think we'll be able to keep this game running. Man, talk about a massive hit to the wallet :lol:

Square Enix's sarcasm skill rises 0.2 points.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

- An issue where "Sneak" and "Deodorize" effect would not be cancelled upon opening a Treasure Coffer or Treasure Chest will be fixed.
That is a big change.

Now we bring a scroll of instant warp when oppening AF coffers.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Considering that that's the way it always was before, I think if it were me I'd just make the fix and let people figure it out on their own. :twisted: ... ... What? It would be the SE thing to do. :P
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

Keavy wrote:
Sugami wrote:There goes the ADD (Activate Deploy Deactivate) trick for PUPs, they all saw it coming though.
PUP: F*** SE! They're nerfing us. We quit.

SE: Wow, yeah, with you PUP's gone I don't think we'll be able to keep this game running. Man, talk about a massive hit to the wallet :lol:

Square Enix's sarcasm skill rises 0.2 points.
I don't use ADD, it seems like a cheap glitch I don't want to exploit.

As for the PUPs that do... learn how to play your job without cheats, you have to now. :D
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Like the Rng before them. Many will leave Pup except the few who actiually know how to play their job....
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

I haven't heard of this before, could someone explane it to me, so that I don't have to go the the hell that is alla
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Basically, when you deactivate your automaton and then reactivate it, all the timers for its decision making are reset and it comes back with full MP. So if you're using the mage frame, you can make it cast spells every 3 seconds instead of 30 seconds and you never have to worry about running out of MP.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Hm... that PUP thing is... kind of an exploit, wouldn't you say? Sounds like they rightfully fixed it.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Nobodyreal wrote:Basically, when you deactivate your automaton and then reactivate it, all the timers for its decision making are reset and it comes back with full MP. So if you're using the mage frame, you can make it cast spells every 3 seconds instead of 30 seconds and you never have to worry about running out of MP.
The PUP that was in my party whose Automaton was Flashing for me when I couldn't did that.

Until now I never knew why.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

JediKitsune wrote:Hm... that PUP thing is... kind of an exploit, wouldn't you say? Sounds like they rightfully fixed it.
Yep. But there's still a bunch of PUPs screaming nerf.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

All the PUPs in the KI PUP forum knew it was a glitch/exploit and were waiting for the "nerf". I think if people would quit the job it wouldn't be because of this but because it is still a sub-par DD with lack of purpose.

Yeah I don't get the sneak/deodorise thing. I learned the hard way that opening a chest removes your sneak so what's this all about? o_O
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Since the update last month people have been able to pop a coffer/chest without sneak wearing.

lol, there's actually a thread on Alla today with someone whining about SE changing it back to how it was before the July update.

I swear to all the gods, people complain about water being wet if given half a chance.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Curse-ed water being so damn wet! I blame SE, make it more dry! :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:I swear to all the gods, people complain about water being wet if given half a chance.
Yes, they will.

Republicans are currently complaining about how Democrats vote, makes about as much sense.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

"Democrats" = "complainer"
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Concerning Puppetmaster's a BST made a rather interesting comment: Why don't they solo? You have access to three different puppets by level 30 so you can adapt your puppet to your playstyle and with the proper sub and equipment you could pull in some decent exp.

When I played PUP at first I saw the potential for soloing in it. Just an idea.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

It's been my experince that the puppet isn't that strong, or at least the Valoredge one. ^.^; I mean, sure, with Shock Absorber and Auto Repair kit, you can mow through EP's forever, but it just gets slower...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Automatons may have a lot of HP but they have weak ass DEF and take hits like a taru SMN. They're best bet is to go /WAR and use the mage frame to heal but now the ADD trick is removed it's a lot harder.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New Update Info for the 21st

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New Update Info for the 21st

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting