Full Screen Mode!

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Full Screen Mode!

Post by Pheonixhawk »

So I was waiting in the dunes with my lvl 10 PLD (Finnaly got off my toosh and decided to lvl it up some) When after waiting a full 2 hours, I finnaly got a party invite. And then it happened. I was booted without being d/c. All my computer said was FFXI has lost full screen mode. I was like WTF! Why does this happen, so much. I mean why is it full screen anyway. If it were where I could minimize the window, id be able to play and look at strategy guides to help with missions and quests. Rather than having to log out every single time. Its a great game, but thats just one of the flaws that pulls my tail :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

FFXI have to be full screen, if it's not = you got d/c

Before getting in FFXI, be sure to close all download windows, all kind of messengers, any webpage that might have a pop up since they often pop up and automatically minimize FFXI's full screen AND of course....hello again d/c

I've heard there is a windower program which allows FFXI to run in window mode, but don't say "windower" in FFXI, the GM may send you a /tell soon.

I'll look for the link for this windower program, if i find it i'll post it soon.
Sylphine on Titan Server...

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Aw...after 50 leveling becomes more difficult now........
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Google FFXI Windower if you want it.

Keep in mind that using Windower is the same as using drugs: Its only illegal if you get caught.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Ooooh. I want it, but I dont want to do anything illegal :cry: Ill have to pass.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:Google FFXI Windower if you want it.

Keep in mind that using Windower is the same as using drugs: Its only illegal if you get caught.
:lol:

I think it's mainly anti-virus programs that cause you to lose full screen. The reason they've forced it upon us is to cut down on hacking. If you were able to alt-tab out (which you are with windower) then you could run programs in the background. Couple of hacks I'm aware of are speed-hack and the instant teleport to spawning NMs.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Windower is the Shiznt. I use it because Norton is Anti Long Party.

And its quite handy to see a %health of the mob, the TP of your entire party, the distance to the mob, and everyone's hp & mp regardless if they are in the same zone.

All the hacks that people run in the background suck, and those people need to get BAnNed. But in my opinion the windower by itself is harmless fun.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

the windower is a program which forces ffxi to run in windowed mode, pretty much it acts as a normal windows program with it. its extremtly useful, can be downloaded here.

http://ffxi.archbell.com

by the gm community and others, it is considered against the TOS, however, unlike "hacks" it doesnt do anything to the game, all it does is run ffxi in windowed mode, and has some nice plug ins to display useful information (personally i use tparty and expwatch).

your pretty much going to have to realize that SE is a bastard, they took thier PS2 version of ffxi and did a direct port of it to PC, thats why the interface is so fucked up to log in (its an operating system within an operating system). the windower makes it work like an actual windows program. and believe me, if your not willing to use it based on thier "rules" preventing it, even though they should already allow it in the first place, then get the hell off my forum and i never want to see you again.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

I will just wait for WIndows Vista to come out, it and direct X 10 will alow me to run FFXI in a window, without and extra programs :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Kessa wrote:And its quite handy to see a %health of the mob, the TP of your entire party, the distance to the mob, and everyone's hp & mp regardless if they are in the same zone.

All the hacks that people run in the background suck, and those people need to get BAnNed. But in my opinion the windower by itself is harmless fun.
Please explain why "to see a %health of the mob, the TP of your entire party, the distance to the mob, and everyone's hp & mp regardless if they are in the same zone.
" is not a hack.

Having an advantage that other players lack is exactly what bannable offenses are. Yes even one this useful and innocous.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Tsybil wrote:
Kessa wrote:And its quite handy to see a %health of the mob, the TP of your entire party, the distance to the mob, and everyone's hp & mp regardless if they are in the same zone.

Please explain why "to see a %health of the mob, the TP of your entire party, the distance to the mob, and everyone's hp & mp regardless if they are in the same zone.
" is not a hack.

Having an advantage that other players lack is exactly what bannable offenses are. Yes even one this useful and innocous.
use the windower and find out and youl understand.

% helth of the mob translates the arbitrary *bar* you have into an exact number, makes it easier to detect when its getting close to dying.

Tparty shows you the part's tp, its data the client has, but doesnt show you. if you dont like it, turn it off.

another thing tparty does, is show you the current MP that everyone has in your alliance, EXTREMLY useful for alliance strategy planning and dynamis and such.

distance displays the distance you are away from the mob, it helps rangers find that *sweet spot*

namechanger keeps the window's name from changing every 5 seconds, is used as a prereq for most other plugins.

expwatch is a plugin that tracks the current exp your at, shows your tnl, calculates the xp/hr and tracks the mobs and time tnl, extremly useful.

drawdistance, changes the draw distance in the game to let you see further and clearer, intresting plugin that uses the power of our computers to make a better game

currently the people on the windower project are looking to force the ffxi graphics system to run though the video card processor (right now the enitre game is run off your CPU just like the PS2 works), to further enhance and add fun things like AA, and AS (anti-allaising and Antroscopic filtering) along with higher resolutions, and better overall graphic quality.

hell there is even a clock plugin so you can see the time without having to hit /clock every time on your system

the windower is a useful and "yes possibly" abusible program, though anything you found by the windower makers is not a "bot" for the game, and they refuse to make those, they are only intrested in making plugins that enhance the game and make the end users happy.

im proud to say i use and support the windower, because it has turned ffxi into what i always wanted to do on my computer.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

oh col I did not know about the who video card thing they where working on, that would make me use Windower again :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

When Mac OS X Leopard is released I may switch to the PC version and run it off of my Mac for Windower.

It depends on whether or not I can afford a new iMac when it is released.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Seeing the tp of others isn't really that big a deal IMO. The bots are the problem. MP of the alliance? Actually kind of a nice idea, something SE should've done in the first place? And OMG, actually being able to alt-tab out, and check information, using my computer like a PS2 user is capable of doing? By jove, I think that might just actually make it fair to us PC users. I don't want an FFXI machine. If I did, I'd have a PS2 still (well, and if it hadn't crapped itself). I rather like having my computer, but I like being able to play my game as well. Playing the game means in order to look up information at websites like a PS2 user would do, I have to temp-log. What's fair about that, eh? ;;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Tsybil wrote:

" is not a hack.
I agree, it is a hack. THat's one thing that will get the windower in trouble is the extensive plugins that add more and more functionality than what's allowed by non-windower users.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I just don't use AV software! I've never gotten a "FFXI lost full screen" crash that I didn't invoke myself.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Nivez wrote:
Tsybil wrote:

" is not a hack.

% helth of the mob translates the arbitrary *bar* you have into an exact number, makes it easier to detect when its getting close to dying.

Tparty shows you the part's tp, its data the client has, but doesnt show you. if you dont like it, turn it off.

another thing tparty does, is show you the current MP that everyone has in your alliance, EXTREMLY useful for alliance strategy planning and dynamis and such.

distance displays the distance you are away from the mob, it helps rangers find that *sweet spot*
Advantage - You only

namechanger keeps the window's name from changing every 5 seconds, is used as a prereq for most other plugins.

expwatch is a plugin that tracks the current exp your at, shows your tnl, calculates the xp/hr and tracks the mobs and time tnl, extremly useful. Advantage - You only

drawdistance, changes the draw distance in the game to let you see further and clearer, intresting plugin that uses the power of our computers to make a better game

currently the people on the windower project are looking to force the ffxi graphics system to run though the video card processor (right now the enitre game is run off your CPU just like the PS2 works), to further enhance and add fun things like AA, and AS (anti-allaising and Antroscopic filtering) along with higher resolutions, and better overall graphic quality. Hmm, I disagree. If that were true I could run it on my laptop easily. And when I modify my settings the quality changes and if I swap in an older card it gets slower. It's D3D, like it or not.

hell there is even a clock plugin so you can see the time without having to hit /clock every time on your system

the windower is a useful and "yes possibly" abusible program, though anything you found by the windower makers is not a "bot" for the game, and they refuse to make those, they are only intrested in making plugins that enhance the game and make the end users happy.

im proud to say i use and support the windower, because it has turned ffxi into what i always wanted to do on my computer.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Think there's one windower or version of the windower that allows you to use Japanese script from a US or EU version, that'd be the only reason I'd get one :lol:
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Kopopo wrote:
Nivez wrote:
Tsybil wrote: Please explain why "to see a %health of the mob, the TP of your entire party, the distance to the mob, and everyone's hp & mp regardless if they are in the same zone.
" is not a hack.

Advantage - You only
Correct, i dont use this plugin, but it's helpful to rangers

expwatch is a plugin that tracks the current exp your at, shows your tnl, calculates the xp/hr and tracks the mobs and time tnl, extremly useful. Advantage - You only
Incorrect, it shows no information that you couldnt figure out yourself with a pen and paper, it just does it automatically for you. it does affect you only, but doesnt change the functionality of the game, nor display actual things on the screen that you shouldnt be able to see.

currently the people on the windower project are looking to force the ffxi graphics system to run though the video card processor (right now the enitre game is run off your CPU just like the PS2 works), to further enhance and add fun things like AA, and AS (anti-allaising and Antroscopic filtering) along with higher resolutions, and better overall graphic quality. Hmm, I disagree. If that were true I could run it on my laptop easily. And when I modify my settings the quality changes and if I swap in an older card it gets slower. It's D3D, like it or not.
wrong again, FFXI runs all graphics though the CPU, not the GPU. it may be D3D, but it puts a hell of a load on the CPU to display all the graphics for the game, they are working on forcing the graphics to the GPU and allowing all GPU functions to work with ffxi. the reason your game runs slower on an old card is simple, while the functions of GPU are done in the CPU, the video card still has to get, store and display that information, older video cards do now have the capacity to do as such, and therefor display worse than newer video cards.

Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

If it's all software, then why can't my laptop run it? It has a respectable video chip, roughly on par with a GF4. But it lacks hardware TnL capability. If the game were TRULY rendered on the CPU then I could run it despite that.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Unfortunately, FFXI has a really STUPID method of rendering that puts a bunch a lot of strain on the CPU.

Have you played, like... Half-Life 2 and seen the holograms? The game is basically rendered like one of those, like a texture with the menu and stuff rendered on it like a frame. And then there's the TnL thing, yeah...
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

It would be nicer if FFXI would use my video card a little bit more and less of my CPU, LOL
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Full Screen Mode!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting