Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

A good sucky party

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The bad part;

WHM 27/BLM 10 without Raise.
NIN 27/WAR 5 without Utsusemi.
Another /level 5.

And once we proved we were big enough to take out Yuhtunga Mandys, instead of moving on to Goblins and Ivory Lizzys, we had to rent Chocobos and head for the Deathtrap errr... Yhoator jungle for bigger Mandys.

The good part;

I only died 3 times. Total party deaths < 12. I made level 29. When I died the third time, I HPed to Jeuno, bailed on the Party, and I DIDN'T delevel.

As everyone else was 27 & one 26, they were better off without me. But perhaps not right there.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Liohs
Tomcat

Post by Liohs »

yea that does suck i had a fue were i did that to kazam is a BAD place
some times i wonder how ppl got there the way thay play :?:
"Death happens thats why there are White Mages..."

DRG65/WAR37/RDM34/SAM21/THF21/WHM20/BLU16/BLM14/COR10/MNK3
Rank 6
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Somehow, someway, those awful players were "helped" along by being in parties. Maybe they were the only ones seeking at the time, so a good party had to pick them up.

It's sad. There's really not a lot you can do. You can give them advice about how to play, and they might learn, or they'll give you the "STFU n00b, don't tell me how 2 play" speech. You could kick them, but that's kinda rude.

I personally avoid those people as much as I can, but sometimes they are your only choice. Sometimes I try to offer suggestions to them. Sometimes they say "oh, thanks...that's good advice." The rest of the time they are silent (no "STFU" speeches yet).

/sigh
nuri
Tomcat

Post by nuri »

That sux~! EVIL PEOPLE~! Well, they'll get high up someday, and its amazing. I usually go out of my way to help people with their subjob items and stuff. But I usually also tell them to make sure to keep their subjob at half their main level. I hope they take my advice...or else I'll have to do some hurting~! :lol:
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Best way to keep sub-job leveled is to start your character as your sub-job. From there how you progress depends on your long-term plan.

If you'll be doing an advanced job / base job combo, start your character as your sub-job and work it up to 18. It only needs to be 15, but you have to be level 18 to complete the sub-job quest. From there, start your advanced job's sub-job and level it to 37. Once it's at 37 convert to your advanced job and concentrate on that.

Example for PLD/WAR:
MNK --> 18, then WAR --> 37, then PLD --> 75

It's a little different when you want to do dual-advanced job classes like RNG/NIN, but the basis is the same here. Level the sub-job to 37 and then concentrate solely on the primary job up to 75.

Example for RNG/NIN:
WAR or MNK --> 18, THF --> 30, NIN --> 37, RNG --> 75

The THF job in the above example will be awesome to sub while farming to help keep the NIN and RNG jobs funded with it's Treasure Hunter and Gil Finder job traits. Regardless of your ultimate goals, it's a good idea to get THF to at least level 15 for the Treasure Hunter job trait to fund the higher-levels.

In my case I started as WAR, but changed my mind later in the game and am now going BLM/WHM for the remainder of my stay. So now I've got a bunch of jobs that are middle-lower levels 'cause I couldn't make up my mind - just look at my signature! :?
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I really should keep my subjobs leveled, but the thought of Kazham again... *shudder*. And I'd have to do it twice since both WAR and SMN are at 25. /cry

Someday I'll get the courage and go there again, but right now everyone keeps picking me up the minute I sign on... so until that changes... -.-
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Firemyst wrote:I really should keep my subjobs leveled, but the thought of Kazham again... *shudder*. And I'd have to do it twice since both WAR and SMN are at 25. /cry
Lest you forget ...

http://mithrapride.figarocastle.org/boa ... .php?t=460

The group is open to anybody that wishes to join. All you need to do is ask! :P
maryadavies
Tomcat

Post by maryadavies »

Also, Myst..once I hit 25 with Pyrexia, we're gonna have to be starting parties in Kazhaam -_- For the moment(well, up until level 35 or so), we're gonna be out of easy-to-get-at-without-taking-too-big-a-risk worms.

If you'd like to join us (and at least have TWO other good party members) then, just ask. Maybe we can make a temp partial static.

(Also, FYI: Pyr says she's gonna pull, so hopefully we won't have the disaster that party mentioned here had)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/maryadavies/Mary.jpg[/img]
~~Also known as Elizara ([url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?11530]WHM/BLM, I'll help if ya ask![/url])

[url=http://maffcode.vze.com]My FF Code[/url]
Mod on [url=http://oneroomstudios.illuminata7.net/ffxi/boards/]Kopopo's Opo-pos[/url], a new FFXI board. Come on over!
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Klenath wrote:
Firemyst wrote:I really should keep my subjobs leveled, but the thought of Kazham again... *shudder*. And I'd have to do it twice since both WAR and SMN are at 25. /cry
Lest you forget ...

http://mithrapride.figarocastle.org/boa ... .php?t=460

The group is open to anybody that wishes to join. All you need to do is ask! :P
The problem is: I got a job... so hooking up a static now is a major issue... I'll be working full time for at least three months, so I only play evenings/weekends again.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Firemyst wrote:The problem is: I got a job... so hooking up a static now is a major issue... I'll be working full time for at least three months, so I only play evenings/weekends again.
You're not the only one with a full-time job. That's right - I have a full time M-F, 8-5 job as well. Though I do understand your situation since you would have to be online at 5PM your time to be 'on time' for the group.

I wouldn't worry - you can jump in with us whenever you get online. Any spots that don't come pre-filled will be filled with whomever's around, be they from the shell or not. I'm also not afraid to drop someone for a shell member since shell members have priority in my book. :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

If you have a static party, you don't need to go to Kazam.

The ONLY reason to go to Kazam to level is because you can always find a party there.

There are many underhunted places with the same level monsters, and no gob trains to the zone.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Swipe
Housecat

Post by Swipe »

Yea... Rayn and I tried one of those underhunted places and it was too rough :cry: So we ended up taking the airship ride.. the invite came to us while we were still in windurst :shock: but we wanted to see the area anyway. Not bad.. good fun.. we were lucky enough to get into a great party. :)

—Swipe
[size=92]~ Swipe ~ World of Midgardsormr ~ Rank 5 in the legions of Windurst ~[/size]
[img]http://www.crystalrecipies.com/qd/Badgercub/New_swipe_sig.jpg[/img]
nuri
Tomcat

Post by nuri »

Like Klenath, I can't make up my mind either. My jobs are:

32WAR, 20BLM, 12WHM, 21SAM, 4THF, 16MNK, 22PAL, 7NIN

And thats just my main character~! I have more characters at purrrty decent levels. A hume at 25WHM/20BLM, a mithra at 18WAR, a taru at 8WHM, another taru at 16MNK....I just can't make up my mind~! :lol:

However, my current thoughts are to give up the melee path and go mage. I tried to tank in Garliage Citadel as my WAR/MNK on my main character...didn't work out too well. With latest armor, fish-kabob, defender activated, and protect casted, I was being hit for 70-100pts of damage. :?
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: A good sucky party

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо