Kazaa (Split from: You Know You Play Too Much FF XI When...)

A place to talk about... anything!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

So I'm talking to a friend on MSN, and I want to see how my kazaa downloads are doing. So I proceed to hit the - button on my keypad to open up the main menu.....
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Kazaa is teh evil! Long live BitTorrent!
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Kazaa Lite ++. Teh haxx0r3d version. Not the spyware one.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Kazaa DLs are mostly full of viruses and other nasty stuff I've found.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

it's not the software, it's the users and their files.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Prrsha wrote:Kazaa DLs are mostly full of viruses and other nasty stuff I've found.
Prrsha... please... just... stop...

Your blatant law/rule abiding ways are really REALLY starting to get annoying.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the ability to voice it; I'm not going to debate that. What I don’t like is blatant bias, and lack there-of of facts. If you want to prove your cases please have the decency to do so and leave out the bias as much as possible. I for one, am not a blind follower, I want evidence and the ability to make up my own decision about everything. It is this that I argue for.

I see that you are different and do not question everything, but please be considerate about the rest of the population who does, I don’t want random bullshit, I want intelligent conversation, and you have yet to provide that to me. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here and treating this from the perspective of a case on ignorance more than blatant "Look at me I’m perfect" supremacy; so please, be respectful of what you say and think before you speak, because your actions are really just making you look more ignorant than I’m sure you are.

/rant
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Nivez wrote:
Prrsha wrote:Kazaa DLs are mostly full of viruses and other nasty stuff I've found.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the ability to voice it; I'm not going to debate that. What I don’t like is blatant bias, and lack there-of of facts. If you want to prove your cases please have the decency to do so and leave out the bias as much as possible. I for one, am not a blind follower, I want evidence and the ability to make up my own decision about everything. It is this that I argue for.

I see that you are different and do not question everything, but please be considerate about the rest of the population who does, I don’t want random bullshit, I want intelligent conversation, and you have yet to provide that to me. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here and treating this from the perspective of a case on ignorance more than blatant "Look at me I’m perfect" supremacy; so please, be respectful of what you say and think before you speak, because your actions are really just making you look more ignorant than I’m sure you are.

/rant
I work in IT, I have worked on computers for 8+ years now..

Fact is she is right..KAZAA is riddled with viruses and other crap, unfortunatly most people are not smart enough to see it and block them, never mind the fact that the program its self it trash script and uses obcene amounts of resources..

However, Just so you know I have nothing against downloading music..I download my fair share..I just dont use crap programs like kazaa.

Simply put, Kazaa = The AoL of P2P programs.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Err...if I may Nivez, I really don't mind what Prrsha said at all. I think you're being a little defensive...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Nivez wrote:

/rant
I never said I didn't DL music. I just don't use Kazaa due to the problems I have seen with it. *shrugs*

And if it's a flame war you are looking for, please go elsewhere.
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

KaZaA, I used to like it, but then after a while, whenever I would queue a file, it would download some but then stop as everyone serving it decided to shutdown or something, and no one with that file would ever log back in, so almost none of my downloads ever finished.

As far as getting viruses from KaZaA goes, as long as your smart, you wouldn't have to worry about that.

And yes, it did seem to eat up an insane amount of resources iirc.

On to the topic at hand...
I once saw a Yagudo on the side of the road once.
I'm not much of a talker IRL, but I will occasionally speak with a "slash em"
I've got this one plant in my room, that I'm REAL bad at watering. Like, once or twice a month kind of watering, and I've begun to wonder if I've got a moogle taking care of it for me when I neglect it.

And Niv... *yoinks the power cable to her PC and hands her a bag of a white powder*
There's better crack out there than FFXI. For example... crack! ^^;
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Prrsha wrote: I never said I didn't DL music. I just don't use Kazaa due to the problems I have seen with it. *shrugs*
Purrfect Prrsha, That was the type of intelligent converstaion i was looking for!

is what you said before. the reason i got mad is because not only is it false by default (kazaa isnt a central server, therefor it isnt thier downloads) but an overgeneralization of the problem.

what you just stated above,
Prrsha wrote: I never said I didn't DL music. I just don't use Kazaa due to the problems I have seen with it. *shrugs*
makes me happy. because it is what i was looking for. stating that "I dont use kazaa because i have had problems with viruses and spyware in the past" is completly correct, unlike saying "Kazaa is full of viruses and other nasty stuff ive found" which is saying the program itself and the makers are filling thier software with viruses and other evil things.

To make my point perfectly clear, you need to be very careful of your wording. the way you say things is how people interpret them, im just asking you to be more considerate and put more thought into what you say, and more importantly HOW you say it. but this is a great start^^.
Prrsha wrote: And if it's a flame war you are looking for, please go elsewhere.
It took me a long time to get the nerve up to do this on the MP boards, i didnt want to cauze a rucus, but i brought it up because i just couldnt stand it anymore. anyway, im not looking to start a flame war, just wanted to say what i think, which is that you need to think more about how you word your responces.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Nivez wrote:
Purrfect Prrsha, That was the type of intelligent converstaion i was looking for!

is what you said before. the reason i got mad is because not only is it false by default (kazaa isnt a central server, therefor it isnt thier downloads) but an overgeneralization of the problem.

what you just stated above,
Prrsha wrote:

I never said I didn't DL music. I just don't use Kazaa due to the problems I have seen with it. *shrugs*
makes me happy. because it is what i was looking for. stating that "I dont use kazaa because i have had problems with viruses and spyware in the past" is completly correct, unlike saying "Kazaa is full of viruses and other nasty stuff ive found" which is saying the program itself and the makers are filling thier software with viruses and other evil things.

To make my point perfectly clear, you need to be very careful of your wording. the way you say things is how people interpret them, im just asking you to be more considerate and put more thought into what you say, and more importantly HOW you say it. but this is a great start^^.
Prrsha wrote: And if it's a flame war you are looking for, please go elsewhere.
It took me a long time to get the nerve up to do this on the MP boards, i didnt want to cauze a rucus, but i brought it up because i just couldnt stand it anymore. anyway, im not looking to start a flame war, just wanted to say what i think, which is that you need to think more about how you word your responces.
Ummm notice that my original comment said "Kazaa DLs are mostly full of viruses and other nasty stuff I've found." I said downloads, not the program itself. Don't draw conclusions when none exist. Perhaps you think more about the actual content of my posts instead of drawing inferences from them. I hardly found my post misleading. Most of the people who read it seemed to get the gist of it.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Also to touch up on a few things:
Nivez wrote:makes me happy. because it is what i was looking for. stating that "I dont use kazaa because i have had problems with viruses and spyware in the past" is completly correct, unlike saying "Kazaa is full of viruses and other nasty stuff ive found" which is saying the program itself and the makers are filling thier software with viruses and other evil things.
If you want to get into the meat and bones of this, some versions of Kazaa (yes the program itself) does contain spyware and other "nasty stuff"
Nivez wrote: ...im not looking to start a flame war, just wanted to say what i think, which is that you need to think more about how you word your responces.
Nivez wrote: I don’t want random bullshit, I want intelligent conversation, and you have yet to provide that to me. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here and treating this from the perspective of a case on ignorance more than blatant "Look at me I’m perfect" supremacy; so please, be respectful of what you say and think before you speak, because your actions are really just making you look more ignorant than I’m sure you are.
The same could be said about how you word your own. Black kettles and such...
Clayn
Kitten

Post by Clayn »

Prrsha wrote: If you want to get into the meat and bones of this, some versions of Kazaa (yes the program itself) does contain spyware and other "nasty stuff"
Yes, Kazaa contains lots of commercial stuff, in the basic program. Its a commercial program with many sponsors!

Example:
- MySearch
- RealMedia

It used to contain:
- Freeze.com
&
- TurboDialer

I would recommend you to downlaod and install Ad-Aware, if you havent done yet.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Also, look for a good registry cleaner, possibly at cnet.com
Here is a direct link to some search results, but probably you know better ones
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.htm ... rch=+Go%21+
Name: Clayn
Race: Hume
Server: Remora
Linkshells: LionbaneFriends, TruthSeekers, ChampionsofBahamut
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

AdAware is good, but on a whim I installed and ran SpyBot and AdwareAway after AdAware announced that it couldn't find anything else. SpyBot and AdwareAway found a bunch of stuff that AdAware missed.

Oh, and I should add that I got all that spyware/adware after downloading mere desktop themes. :x
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Make sure you also have version 1.05 of Ad-Aware and 2.13 of SpyBot. Update your definitions every time you run them.
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

Nivez, stop starting random arguments over an opinion made. You should change your title to "Flame queen". I think it describes you(from the posts herein) better. If you dont agree with the opinion put forth just say...don't start a flame. Rock out.
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
angeladark
Tomcat

Post by angeladark »

Niv, Prrsha.... This is getting out of hand. Prrsha, you wonder why people don't like you on here, maybe it's because of some of your responses to others opinions. Niv, Prrsha wasn't trying to start a flame war, instead she was sucked in when you started making ill comments about her... or is it him... anydangway, it needs to stop, both of you go to your corners and don't come out until you can play nice with the other kittens =^.^= 8)
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/angeladark/AngelaSig.jpg[/img]
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Wow, necro post. Stocky is so taken with the DRK side that he can raise threads from the dead! :P

/em huggles Stocky
[url=http://www.fourfa.com/]Freakin' emo![/url]

Losfuin: WHM 25, RDM 21, BLM 20, THF 20, WAR 30, MNK 16, BST 5, DRK 1, BRD 10, PLD 1

Dooom: Thf 25 WAR 14 MNK 7
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

..what revived this thread? o.0

Locked.
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]