Magic Skillup macro

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Magic Skillup macro

Post by Keavy »

Adjust names and /wait as needed, but I used my SMN setup as an example to show you all how it works. And it works great. In 4 hours i've gotten close to 30 Skill points on my Summoning Magic.

Okay, so map them however you wish and name them whatever you like.

Part 1:

/ma Carbuncle <me>
/wait 9
/pet Release <me>
/wait 1
/ma "XXX Spirit" <me>
/p Next Macro

Part 2:

/wait 9
/pet Release <me>
/wait 1
/ma "XXX Spirit" <me>
/wait 9
/p Next Macro

Repeat the pattern for as long as you need. The /p prompt is there to remind you to activate the next macro in the chain so you don't leave a summon out leeching MP. The /wait 1 and /wait 9 exist to keep from summoning a new summon before the old is dismissed and because "Release" has a 10 second cooldown.

Anyways, adjust as needed for all your magic skilling needs.

EDIT: I found this on a forum but I forgot who posted it.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

wootage points for you
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Irony is here that everyone finds it acceptable to use a macro in game that can be written where you only have to push the button once every couple of minutes..and or set a salt shaker on your keyboard..and or have a turbo controller...yet everyone ripped me for writing a script that did the exact same thing except forcing that mindless button mash or the alternate of a salt shaker or turbo controller....

So much amusement..
Psymia
Kitten

Post by Psymia »

hehe..... get yourself a description of the signals of a standard PS/2 keyboard, a microcontroller (18F452 is great). Now a bit of work (layouting, programming) and you can have your scripts without running 3rd-party software :D

afaik the PC-Dash board from Saitek allows programmable commands :)

but... i havent started lvling summoner yet and so i never needed anything like this :)
lets see what time brings :D
Kandora
Kitten

Post by Kandora »

Has anyone else noticed that when you are in a "higher" level area you seem to skill-up faster?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Kandora wrote:Has anyone else noticed that when you are in a "higher" level area you seem to skill-up faster?
Aparently yes. Many low level SMNs skill up outside of Jeuno. Untill I unlocked SMN and started skilling up Summoning skill, I thought this was merely out of convience.

Another trick. Only call the summons and spirits who have revelance to the current day. For instance on Earthday call Earth, Lightning, and Wind Spirits, Titan, Garuda, and Ramah. Carby seems to be the only exception to this.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Kandora wrote:Has anyone else noticed that when you are in a "higher" level area you seem to skill-up faster?
I'll have to try that... I spent about an hour just getting my Enhancing up 4 levels to cap it last night, and I did it outside my MH in Port San d'Oria.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

Irony is here that everyone finds it acceptable to use a macro in game that can be written where you only have to push the button once every couple of minutes..and or set a salt shaker on your keyboard..and or have a turbo controller...yet everyone ripped me for writing a script that did the exact same thing except forcing that mindless button mash or the alternate of a salt shaker or turbo controller....

I knew you were going to comment.

Turbo controler IS an unfair advantage. (makes since now how i can only get about 3-5 crawler cocoons at guild with only 3 people at guild, when i know it usualy gets a new supply of about 20 a day) ._.

Macros are a shortcut, NOT a prgram script to make people lazy. And Keavy put up that macro so we DONT use illegal botting scripts.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

The good news is, unless you're planning to use the elemental spirits, there's no reason to level up summoning skill.

The only thing summoning magic skill affects on avatars is the spell interuption rate. That's it.

It doesn't affect how much damage avatars can do or how accurate avatars are... nothing about the avatars at all, really.

On spirits, on the other hand, it does affect how frequently they cast spells. But most summoners avoid using these because their perpetuation costs make then too expensive to use.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

I cheat, I use "illegal" scripts and cheats... I'm an evil bastard >.>
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I just like to have all my magic skills capped. It makes me feel important.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Tsybil wrote:Another trick. Only call the summons and spirits who have revelance to the current day. For instance on Earthday call Earth, Lightning, and Wind Spirits, Titan, Garuda, and Ramah. Carby seems to be the only exception to this.
I found using the opposing element for the day did more for my skill than not. However, I cycle through them all becaue it's fun to do so.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

i should try this for skilln my enhancing and healing skill as both are very low thanks for the tip
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Tinacat wrote:

I knew you were going to comment.
This was a given

Turbo controler IS an unfair advantage. (makes since now how i can only get about 3-5 crawler cocoons at guild with only 3 people at guild, when i know it usualy gets a new supply of about 20 a day) ._.
We agree here, however both of us should realize that likewise SE is not going to do anything about it. Thus those willing to pay money for an advantage are "Legal" according to a very loosly concocted set of rules.

Macros are a shortcut, NOT a prgram script to make people lazy. And Keavy put up that macro so we DONT use illegal botting scripts.
Outside of your personal moral reservations kindly explain to me the difference between a ingame macro that eliminates excess button mashing and a script that eliminates excess button mashing, and a piece of hardware that eliminates excess button mashing?

There is no difference as the End result is the Exact Same. The only difference is moral tolerability to any given person. So with that in mind how does a script make anyone anymore lazy then someone using a turbo controller or an ingame macro? Simply put it does not. Do not get me wrong, I am not condoning voke bots and such. I refer strictly to a script that eliminates tedious button mashing that is in place for no other reason then to be there.

So my only point here as I am not looking to get into an ethics debate here is that,

a Well written ingame macro, a Programmable piece of hardware such as a nostromo game pad, turbo controller, etc, and a script that all achieve the same Exact goal, are in effect Exactly the same. In the end how you got there is really irrelevant. You can take that script you have above and being a little creative with your hotkeys can set it to run just as automated as a script.[/b]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Tivia wrote:a Well written ingame macro, a Programmable piece of hardware such as a nostromo game pad, turbo controller, etc, and a script that all achieve the same Exact goal, are in effect Exactly the same.
(Emphasis added)

I will agree, in effect. One small difference. That famed contract, the ToSA, forbids scripting. Using a well written ingame macro or a programmable piece of hardware such as a nostromo game pad, turbo controller, etc CANNOT get you banned or jailed. Running scripts can.

In this example it is not a big difference. In many other places in the game it is. Is there a macro or programmable piece of hardware that can do to NM hunting what some of the scripts can? Would you prefer to be healed by a macro using person or a WHMbot?

I have always thought of raising Summoning Skill as a lot like homework. Better graphics but not as interesting as most homework is all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

In my experience they never cared if you ran scripts as long as you wherent afk :P
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Nekiu wrote:In my experience they never cared if you ran scripts as long as you wherent afk :P
From all the conversations I have personally had with GMs and reading posts and what not, SE does not approve the use of any 3rd party programs while playing FFXI. I do know that WoW is more leniant on this however.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

My experience with Blizzard has been that they take a vary public zero tolerance stance on any and all forms of cheating. Which is why I no longer play Diablo 2.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Keavy wrote:My experience with Blizzard has been that they take a vary public zero tolerance stance on any and all forms of cheating. Which is why I no longer play Diablo 2.
I'm pretty sure WoW allows things like UI mods though...

I remember one of my friends having some thing on their UI that took info on their exp gain per hour and estimated how much time they had left until their next level.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Nekiu wrote:In my experience they never cared if you ran scripts as long as you wherent afk :P
One member of MP Phoenix used a script program to autoskill up summons. He was banned from the LS. As for SE... you are correct. They will ban a person if you sic a GM on them and they turn out to be AFK.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Keavy wrote:My experience with Blizzard has been that they take a vary public zero tolerance stance on any and all forms of cheating. Which is why I no longer play Diablo 2.
Blizzard also allowed the selling of items from said games for RL cash... which is one of the reasons why I don't play WoW lol.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

But scripting is allowed in WoW, therefore not cheating.

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tsybil wrote:
But scripting is allowed in WoW, therefore not cheating.
Yep.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

I do know that WoW is more leniant on this however.
Yeah, there are mods that Blizzard probably approves, cause you CANT do anything with anyone, without haveing certain mods on.

And also Blizzard gets a share of the money from gold sold, it is even published in a computer gameing magazine.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Magic Skillup macro

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting