Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Susannah wrote:got blacklisted by a rdm who was too busy meleeing instead of healing like he was supposed to. i was the only one who spoke up. had to kiss his butt though because there was no other healers available.
:cry:
/comfort

I have to give you credit for having the guts to speak up, even though no other healers were available. Is it a brave Mithra who says "hey, you're not doing this right" even when there's no alternatives out there. If the RDM was too much of an egoist to /blist you for criticising him... well, he's not someone I'd like to be able to communicate with anyway :P

In other news, Goldsmithing level 44. One step closer!!!
[url=http://www.fourfa.com/]Freakin' emo![/url]

Losfuin: WHM 25, RDM 21, BLM 20, THF 20, WAR 30, MNK 16, BST 5, DRK 1, BRD 10, PLD 1

Dooom: Thf 25 WAR 14 MNK 7
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

Losfuin wrote:
Susannah wrote:got blacklisted by a rdm who was too busy meleeing instead of healing like he was supposed to. i was the only one who spoke up. had to kiss his butt though because there was no other healers available.
:cry:
/comfort

I have to give you credit for having the guts to speak up, even though no other healers were available. Is it a brave Mithra who says "hey, you're not doing this right" even when there's no alternatives out there. If the RDM was too much of an egoist to /blist you for criticising him... well, he's not someone I'd like to be able to communicate with anyway :P

In other news, Goldsmithing level 44. One step closer!!!
I say better to found out now than at a critical time. Whenever you get blisted dont get sad get glad b/c now the game will be alot better b/c you'll play with one less a$$ on the game.

:roll: B/c God knows there are alot of them out there
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/SilverBlade830/katfinal.jpg[/img]
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

75whm//75blm//75war ZM/CoP: O
90+3 bonecraft 60 leathercraft/ alchemy
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

LOL :lol: nice one :D
Considering I've played 3 jobs in depth (DRG, RDM, NIN) I am very critical of others playing those jobs, also any other jobs that are clearly being done wrong.
However I usually let them play not so well then start up an arguement and /tell a friend or the ls how crappy they are XD I do try and be polite about useful pointers or how I do stuff.

No one wants drama and I've seen it all too often because people can't take helpful hints nicely or other people just get pissed off 'cause someone isn't doing this in time or whatever.

Oh... ding WAR37 \o/ no more sub leveling for my DRG now :D
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sandy Rank 6-1 and up to ZM4
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Sugami wrote:No one wants drama and I've seen it all too often because people can't take helpful hints nicely or other people just get pissed off 'cause someone isn't doing this in time or whatever.
Which is a real shame. I was just in the Dunes with my WAR, first time I've partied as melee, and my skillchaining timing was AWFUL. Thankfully, the party were very friendly, and gave me lots of hints on how to work out when I should use my WS. It took three or four attempts, but I got it. If they - a bunch of high-ranking people going through the Dunes as a static - hadn't taken the time to explain to a pick-up Rank 3 WAR how best to Skillchain, the party would have been a lot less fun. In a way, I think they were as happy as me when I started to get the timing right; and not just because of the extra EXP and damage. It would've been very easy for them to /kick me if, after the fifth attempt, I'd done my WS at the wrong time; but they helped me out, and I'm glad of it ^^
Last edited by Losfuin on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Losfuin: WHM 25, RDM 21, BLM 20, THF 20, WAR 30, MNK 16, BST 5, DRK 1, BRD 10, PLD 1

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

It's actually amazing how much you can get done when someone's nice enough to actually cooperate, isn't it? It's just entirely too bad so many people can't do just that. :oops:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

Last edited by kashell on Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

*ding* lvl'ed my thf sj up from 19-21 tonight for my drk :)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Summoner lvl 55!
{Meteorite} Rawks!!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

I changed the dat for Carbies lil tiny meteorite into behemoths big ass meteorite :P its really amuseing thoue the damage doesent seem to match the animation ^^ then agian even a penny falling from space should do alot more damage then that meteorite :P
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Losfuin wrote:
Sugami wrote:No one wants drama and I've seen it all too often because people can't take helpful hints nicely or other people just get pissed off 'cause someone isn't doing this in time or whatever.
Which is a real shame. I was just in the Dunes with my WAR, first time I've partied as melee, and my skillchaining timing was AWFUL. Thankfully, the party were very friendly, and gave me lots of hints on how to work out when I should use my WS. It took three or four attempts, but I got it. If they - a bunch of high-ranking people going through the Dunes as a static - hadn't taken the time to explain to a pick-up Rank 3 WAR how best to Skillchain, the party would have been a lot less fun. In a way, I think they were as happy as me when I started to get the timing right; and not just because of the extra EXP and damage. It would've been very easy for them to /kick me if, after the fifth attempt, I'd done my WS at the wrong time; but they helped me out, and I'm glad of it ^^
It's quite satisfying watching a newbie be moulded into awesomeness like yourself :D I have no patience for people (new and old) who don't listen to me though, so watch out! :P
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Sugami wrote:It's quite satisfying watching a newbie be moulded into awesomeness like yourself :D
:D and :oops: Awesomeness is definitely stretching it, but I'd say I knew what I was doing. I was in a party later that day with some people I know to be quite critical of others, and I got no complaints at all over 4 hours, so I must have been doing something right.
I have no patience for people (new and old) who don't listen to me though, so watch out! :P
Lol, agreed. Nothing is worse than being ignored; listening and getting it wrong (like I was) is one thing; ignorance is completely different. I've all the time in the world for someone who will try, but none for someone who won't.

Anyway, I'm up to 60k Guild Points! only 10k more and 3.3 levels of goldsmithing until my sunglasses, and ultimate sexiness!

Also, I have over-come my fear of being puller. The second party I mentioned had me as both pull and main tank, both of which were new roles to me. Pulling is more fun than I ever expected! That is, until I ran out of arrows :|

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Losfuin wrote:Also, I have over-come my fear of being puller. The second party I mentioned had me as both pull and main tank, both of which were new roles to me. Pulling is more fun than I ever expected! That is, until I ran out of arrows :|
Should try it when you don't have arrows at all to begin with. I had a party in Valley of Sorrows that didn't believe me when I told them a PLD is perfectly capable of pulling and tanking. {Flash} ftw. :D
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Janeth
Tomcat

Post by Janeth »

My brother likes to pull as Monk with no ranged attack at all. He always begs his parties to let him pull, and many of them say someone with a ranged attack should pull, but sometimes he gets to. He's actually a pretty good puller; he says someone once asked him if he played RNG, because apparently he pulled well. Even though he hasn't even unlocked it. I've also been leveling a low-level WAR in the dunes recently, and I've often had to both tank and pull, too. Even when I party with my brother's MNK. When I started, I was terrible at skillchaining. Now I'm...well, not terrible! I can usually get the skillchain right. Sort of. :P

About the RDM who was too busy meleeing to heal, as Susannah put it: Do you mean you were upset that he was meleeing, or that meleeing was getting in the way of doing other things? I do hope it is not the former. I'm sorry, but I find that a little insulting, and I think you should know that it can be helpful. I am a RDM who melees. I do damage on par with our PLD. No, I don't count it during the battle, or use a parser. I have other things to pay attention to during the fight. I check it against my brother, who's a PLD around my level. And he doesn't exactly stink. He just got a new sword, for one thing.

I once partied with a MNK who yelled at me for meleeing and not healing. I told him to please not assume that just because I melee, I'm one of those people for whom meleeing gets in the way of other things. I was casting Cures, if that's what he meant. Or perhaps he meant resting. There was no reason to rest. My MP was fine. He said I was a "bad rdm" and left the party. None of the party supported his thinking. I have meleed in almost every party (except that one RDM/BRD/NIN party), and he was the first to object. I am going to continue to do so. A RDM whose skills are capped can actually do pretty good damage. I keep both my sword and dagger skills capped at every level. Guess how I cap all those skills?

Now that I think about it, you probably meant that his meleeing was getting in the way of doing other things. Sorry for the rant, but I felt like some people here were deterring RDMs from meleeing, and I felt the other side of the story needed a voice. If you did get one of those people who can't do other things while meleeing, I feel sorry for you and for him. I mean, is meleeing hard? You just stand there on auto-attack. If doing something else at the same time is too much for him, he was indeed an idiot. This is also evidenced by the fact that he blacklisted you. I never blacklisted Mr. "RDMs should only heal" (which is what our party called that MNK) even though it seems like he was a bit more forceful about his opinion than you were.

As I heard it, you were just giving advice. That MNK was refusing to party with people whose play styles differed. The RDM you mentioned sounds like he overreacted. I agree that it is good when people at least try to learn, instead of blacklisting people who disagree with their play style. I meet many people who disagree with mine. Do I blacklist all of them? No, that's just silly. I explain to them why I believe what I do, and since most of them don't have much of an argument, but are hard to convince, we just agree to disagree. I support diverse opinions. Ok, I think I better stop talking now or I'll go on forever. ^^;
[size=75][color=red]Janeth • RDM62[/color] • Bahamut
[color=green]Windurstian[/color] Rank 6.
Stuff I have in real life that proves I'm obsessed: A Windurstian flag, SMN Artifact armor, RDM artifact armor, and a plush Carbuncle.
Currently working on: WHM AF. My brother and I compromised. >.>
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Minimaxthetinyone/SMN.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Minimaxthetinyone/RedMageArtifact1.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Minimaxthetinyone/RedMageArtifact3.jpg[/size]
[quote="Twotogether"]just because she doesnt do everything that everyone else wants to do
and she doesnt care about what you want her to do
doesnt mean she isnt fun[/quote]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe take it from a RDM70 you should melee early levels because you won't get the chance to after 51 then it's skillup parties for you!
Your damage will drop off compared to a PLD and to other DDs it is rather pathetic but a good enspell will add a fair bit to it and you should keep your sword capped (I never bothered with dagger).

Sadly we don't get Staff skill, dunno why SE are stupid since both PLD and DRG get it yet we don't? Anyways 51 == elemental staves, a good RDM will have 5 staves at least. I have all 8 :D With all the staff swapping there is no time to melee with a sword or dagger :(
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

My ability to melee fell off drasticly with Refresh. Now at level 63, I can get into melee maybe one fight in 10 on birds in Bibiki Bay. /sigh

Despite this, I still carry a Sword, a Dagger, a wand, and 3 elemental staves into EVERY party.

I don't remember the last time I had a melee weapon leveled. :(
Sugami wrote:a good RDM will have 5 [elemental] staves at least
I have the basic three, Light. Dark, Ice. What are the other two, and why?

Oh Yes, RDM 20 on Midgard, where I can still melee most every fight. :D
Now to force feed a chocobo.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Goldsmithing 45. 4.3k more GP and 3 levels to go until the glasses.

While I didn't gain anything material from it, I'd consider helping 3 LS members with the dragon fights an achievement. If nothing else, it was good fun... and helped me use up that last stack of mushrooms I had going rotten in my MH :)

Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

*ding* Broke lvl 70war/nin lastnight, now I can either xp up till 71 or go skill up my grt axe for Maat fight. Want to lvl my drk eventually again too. 8)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:
Sugami wrote:a good RDM will have 5 [elemental] staves at least
I have the basic three, Light. Dark, Ice. What are the other two, and why?
Well 3 you've stated:
Light - Cures
Dark - Blind, Bio, Drain, Aspir & MP recovery
Ice - Paralyze, Blizzard
The other 2 you should have:
Earth - Slow, Stone
Wind - Gravity, Aero
Optional 3 you might want:
Water - Poison, Water
Thunder - Thunder
Fire - Fire

Really 4 for your 4 main enfeebles (ones I have put in bold), 1 for cures if you really want, rest are just nice :)

Barone Corazza [X] :D which completes the set for me :)
Vana'diel's pimpest, sexiest DRG ever!

Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

I just killed almost everyone in Midgars mithra pride within one minute :P
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote: .... Really 4 for your 4 main enfeebles (ones I have put in bold), 1 for cures if you really want, rest are just nice :)
Hmmmm.... Been handling the Enfeebles with the wand.... Guess its time to retire that.

And there are two vacant lines on my debuff macros, paired white and black.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Nekiu wrote:I just killed almost everyone in Midgars mithra pride within one minute :P
This demands explanation! Preferably with pictures and pop-corn :

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah I'm with Losfuin on that one... :shock:

Here's an example of one of my macros
Paralyze:
1. /equip Main "Ice Staff"
2. /wait 1
3. /ma "Paralyze" <t>
4. Casting Spell -> Paralyze -> <t>

You don't need the "/wait 1" in there but I like the short delay :)
Pretty much all of my macros have a staff swap, only Protect IV, Shell IV, Regen, Refresh, Haste, Dispel don't :)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote: You don't need the "/wait 1" in there but I like the short delay :)
Pretty much all of my macros have a staff swap, only Protect IV, Shell IV, Regen, Refresh, Haste, Dispel don't :)
For Haste I have macroed my wind staff, as well as sneak and invisible.
I don't know if it makes any difference but I use the staffs to the corresponding dot next to the spell.

I do the same with Bar- spells.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Jadus
Tomcat

Post by Jadus »

lol i have every spell with its corresponding staff... and multiple spells per
macro... its funny when im rdm.. im almost always invisible due to button smashing and equipment changes :P
like..
/p {Paralyze} & {Slow}: <t> Haha! Don't trip slow-poke
/equip main "Ice Staff"
/ma "Paralyze" <bt>
/wait 3
/equip main "Earth Staff"
/ma "Slow" <bt>

they get kinda long and overlap when i hit them too fast XD but
i lag so bad on dial up it evens out eventually :lol:
[color=green]{[/color]Mew?[color=red]}[/color]
"Slaughter" always has "Laughter" in it.
New sig on the way... Maybe..
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I asked about Haste, bottom line is if it does make a difference you probably wouldn't notice it. Same would probably be true for barspells but I have none of those macro'd :)

Slow and Para in one macro? Ninjas like to cast Hojo (slow) so you're either gonna piss them off or waste mp :P

Oh, ding RDM71/BLM35 :D one more level till JSE :D
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

see screenshot post
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:Slow and Para in one macro? Ninjas like to cast Hojo (slow) so you're either gonna piss them off or waste mp
I do that too. Yes sometimes the NIN's debuffs land before mine do, and sometimes mine land first.

But either of us can get resisted.

Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

*ding* lvl 43Drk tonight ^^ decided to bust out my Drk and blow the dust off of it, didnt realize it was so hard getting my scythe and grt sword to skill up at those lvls tho, only went up 1 point each. :(
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Fishing level 14!

I've decided to go for Lu Shang, as fishing is a nice relaxing thing, and I might as well, really (I never normally have enough AH slots for the carp anyway).

Oh, and I need 311 more GP until I have 70k. Today's item is Sapara, which I can buy from NPC. Oooh yeah. Now just to hit lvl 48.