Post by Dukuji »

I'm in a static party. Our party set up is:

Black Mage
Ninja
Red Mage
Thief
White Mage
And a rotating DD for the sixth member, often a Dragoon

We are all currently level 62-63 and half the static has been together since the late 20's. We all have very good to excellent gear and work well as a team. Sounds all fine and dandy like sour candy but there seems to be a problem. So far we have not encountered what many call the "leveling grind" but are in a leveling rut. Meaning that we're having a hard time finding places and camps where we can pull down anything over 2k xp an hour. Typical nights we'll pull down 7-9k in about 5 hours. It's pretty frustrating. We are currently leveling in Biniki Bay fighting birds, before that it was raptors/big birds in the Valley and raptors in the Range.

So, my question for ya'alls is where can my static level during the 60's and pull down some decent xp? At our current rate all we seem to find is our spirits sagging and tension mounting.

Thank your help in advance,

-Kuji
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

at the 60's I think the other suggestions would be in Lab. of Onzozo or Bibiki Bay or Cape Terrigan. 8)
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

yeah 'Kuji, Bibiki Bay is actually one of the better places. I know one pt I was with down there pulled in 10k xp in just around 3 hours (black curry wore off, giving me that time ^^). And that was just chaining birds like mad. We probably could've been even faster if we'd had a teensy bit more DD or something. And make sure you /wave or something if you see us, silly MP kitty who never visits! :P
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Shanpu
Tomcat

Post by Shanpu »

:love: Ru'Aun Gardens, flamingos. Especially with RNG or DRG as that 6th member, u'll tear em apart and they're better xp to begin with than the ones in bibiki bay.
THF75 NIN75 RNG75 BRD75 BST75 MNK75 BLU75
RDM75 SAM50 WAR75 WHM42 SMN37 COR23 BLM66

BastokRank 10
Sky: O
Moon: O
Sea: O
Alchemy: Artisan(74)
Cooking: 18
Goldsmithing: 28
Smithing: 22
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Shanpu wrote::love: Ru'Aun Gardens, flamingos. Especially with RNG or DRG as that 6th member, u'll tear em apart and they're better xp to begin with than the ones in bibiki bay.
Agreed, but don't forget to tell Kuji that you need to have finished Zilart mission 13 to be able to go there. ;)
And since most kittens are still leveling their first jobs (I think) sky is not much of an option. :)

Just stick to Onzozo till 63/64 if you have a fast whm and/or good back up (Paralyna + Silena) or bibiki bay till late 60's early 70's.
65+ lizards in Den of Rancor are very good exp.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

I hit Bibiki Bay and Lb. of Onzozo tonight. Bibiki Bay was good xp but fights we a lil slower than the ones in Lab. of Onzozo. Lab. of Onzozo fights were fast, easy and a lil less xp than those of Bibiki Bay. Course Toromas can't cast flare or firega III on you like the gobs of Bibiki Bay can either lol. :lol:
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Working my way through on white mage, I have memories of Boyhada Tree and Bibiki Bay mostly.

In Boyhada Tree, nothing is easier than the Precessionaire crawlers we've been fighting. After awhile, you can take on the Darters there as well.

After that, I've spent a lot of time in Bibiki Bay. The goblins are fast, but painful, xp for the most part, depending on how destructive their dropped bombs are (I once was killed from full health with barfira, stoneskin, and phalanx on :o). The dhalmels are great too... once they go Berserk, their defense drops really low. A quick skillchain drops them like a ton of bricks.

I also fought lizards in the Den of Rancour (sp?)... they aren't too terrible as long as you have a white mage around for Stona.

Once at the early 70s, I went to Ro'Maeve to fight weapons, and to Kuftal Tunnel to fight tigers and wyverns. Trying to fight spiders in Dragon's Aerie has always been a dreadful experience. I wouldn't recommend it.

Currently, I usually end up in Sky for weapon or statue parties, depending on what isn't overcamped.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Crispleaf wrote:... what isn't overcamped.
There's the real trick to leveling.

I think they should have private areas that you can reserve. Kind of like they do with "Diorama Abdhaljs-Ghelsba". That way your PT can level off of good mobs without having to worry about other parties doing one of the five hundred things other parties do to make your pt experience hell.

But if they were to do that every person who has leveled a job to 75 would bitch and moan as if SE just ran over their family dog. All to the tune of "Now it's too easy for newbs, blah, blah, blah ..." :roll:
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

I just think we finally hit a glut of where the majority of players have leveled their characters too. I don't remember these areas being quite so overcrowded before.

Meanwhile, the Dunes and Qufim are comparitively vacant.

Maybe we should just start over from 20 :P

Then again...

We could do something crazy like go to the promy ENMs instead of the usual leveling haunts. At least, the final fights can't be ruined by intruders.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

sky has always been overcrowded, same with bibiki, with the recent changes though, its beenalot easier to lvl thier than it was before (you think its overcrowded now, before thier wasnt a mob that wasnt being killed in bibiki). though i agree we NEED lower lvl players, there is noone inthe dunes or in qufim, and very very few in altepa... im worried about the future with so little population in the lower stages.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

All it really means is that it might be a little harder to level up. People will have to find ways to solo. Or get used to leveling off of mass-killing of EPs. This will of course end up in a slightly less wide selection of people leveling specific jobs. Last I checked it was hard for WHMs to level solo at lower levels. :(
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: 60's Leveling Suggestions Please

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: 60's Leveling Suggestions Please

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting