Rant Time

A place to talk about... anything!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Rant Time

Post by Eviticus »

It was Noob Nite in the Nest, today. Oh, don't mind me, an innocent lil' Mithra trying to level her War to 37. Hacking at Crawlers with my Heavy Axe, SA-Sturmwinding my way to Spike Damage Heaven. Warcrying my way to OH GOD, IT AGGORED, HELP ME!! You know, the norm.

So I have 2 people I'd like to talk about tonight, a Drk and a Nin.

First person I met when I was lfp in the Crawler's Nest, was a Taru Nin by the name of Cripcy. I checked his gear over....eh...not bad, soem good stuff....but something didn't feel right. He was level 36. I started talking with him a bit, he'd just left a party, it disbanded. He asked me why I subed Thf? I respond, because some peopel like the damage SA-Sturmwind has, it makes for a great closer and is unmatched at this level.

He's telling me about how his friends say Thf is a bad sub and that I should sub Mnk or Nin....I told him if he'd bothered to check my comment, that I don't have nin leveled correctly. Also, there is no way a Nin could match SA-Sturmwind. He disagrees, and I get a pt invite. That's that.

The Party consists of a War/nin, pld, Drk, blm, whm, and now me, war/thf. All in all, pretty good. The other War and the Pld share tanking, I'm doing Sa-Sturmwind whenever because I'm not in a SC, and life is good. But the Drk is rarely attacking, never uses a WS except Souleater+Berserk+Hard Slash. And the monster promptly turns around and mauls his ass. And still, I'm doing more damage then him. We bug him about why he's not attacking, while he's going on talking about his 'uber combo dmg', I kid you not.

"hey guyz, wathc this, lolz."

>.> Thank you, no, please go re-attempt the 3rd grade. To make things worse, his name was Ppee.....come on.....is that the best you can do? So our Pld has to leave, and then so does the War/nin. The Drk begs us not to disband, and so he gets tossed Leader. He gives it to me, saying. "u invte dem, i doing my hw."

He's doing, what? His homework?! That explains alot. Hello, DD replacement? Yes, let me get you a spot over here sir. *Boots Drk*

Later on, we get Cripcy, because we need a tank.....oh my freaking lord... Taru 36Nin, rank 3, found out later he's only been playing for 3 months. Here's an example of some of his questions...

"What do nin need more, dex or agl?"
"What does agl do?"
"What equipment do I need as a nin"
"What items give hate?" (He had no Emnity gear. The Sam and I tanked the entire fights, cause he -could not- hold hate, at friggin all...

GOOD LORD, SHOOT ME NOW. But, I did hit 37 after numerous hours of this mind-numbing torture......2 down, 4 to go...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

^^ enjoy'd post
today while i was lvling whm up to 38 (42 goal for teleports)
i've had bad pt... since lv20

today was very lucky day for me, very good pt ^^b

good luck Eviticus~
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Yes they happen some times, bad parties with noobish people.
Only thing you can do about it is see if they haul some exp, it doesn't need to be "zomg 4.5/5k exp an hour" but just decent exp.
If not, too bad but the sollution is easy: /disband and lfg again.

As for the people thinking nin is the alpha and omega subjob... screw them.
Really nothing wrong with war/thf imho. and until early 40's war/mnk is still a real viable tank.

Another way to haul some exp if you really have trouble getting good parties or don't feel like leveling your subjobs is get 5/6 friends together and do the Promyvion ENMs every 5 days to a week.
9k+ exp (kills in promyvions included) for a hell of a fun time :)
And no exp loss when you wipe is priceless.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Shirai wrote: As for the people thinking nin is the alpha and omega subjob... screw them.
Really nothing wrong with war/thf imho. and until early 40's war/mnk is still a real viable tank.
god dont know how many I have tried to tell that too.....no one listens anymore -.-
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

...found out later he's only been playing for 3 months.

Yeah and when those 3 month people have a 75 job they are all asking me, "OMG LOFL waffle, why you not 75, i started game 3 months ago and have 75 job, i have teh peoples super PL me, you suxxorz"

(the person i ran into is not you Jae)
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Well most north american players think ninja is the ultimate tank/subjob. they dont understand that in japan ffxi didnt have a zilart package for launch, they were out a year before we were. They got zilart as a seperate expansion before bundled like the north american version

There was no war/nin or thf/nin or ninja period. War/thf and War/mnk were your main tanks after paladin. Most people who chose ninja in NA are bandwagon subjob/job players that think its the only viable job. Now be it, no one in this forum is classified as taht becuase I know everyone has their own mind to think with. I'm only saying most player go with the flow.

Yes I've been called a bandwagon warrior for /ninja, but I didnt start that way. I was war/whm dammit and proud of it! I chose Ninja becuase It was a fun job combo to me, I didnt care how many other "/nin" players their were. And I still dont.

Basically I feel for you Evit, I've been in those PTs before, one where they though talking in spanish about how I wasnt "Doing" my job as a tank (it was the only invite in 3 hours i had to take a risk) becuase my shadows didnt recast fast enough. Well I saw what they said, I had a spanish dictionary out heh.but People like that just like to stroke their ego's and claim they know everything then they ask basic questions like "What gear does ninja use" even though they should know it already.

I'm not an expert at anyjob, so I do ask stupid questions like that. But congrats on your level Evit and I wish you much luck on your last 4, in 2 lvls ninja hits to 36 heh
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

liekomg rate up! :)
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

There was no war/nin or thf/nin or ninja period. War/thf and War/mnk were your main tanks after paladin.
Didn't all the non starting jobs come in the Zilart expantion?, so that means no PLD
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

hrm, no the zilart expansion added samurai ninja and dragoon, I'll go look up my manual, but im sure paladin was there at launch, zilart added 3 new jobs, could we get some confirmation help please?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

only drg sam and nin hun, back of your instruction manual ; ;
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

And thank god they added Drg. >.>; Oh, and a side note in the 'Adventures of Evit'. Where ever you go, either:
1: Know the area well
2: Have a map
3: Have a friendly native guide who knows the area.

I did none of those while wandering in KRT looking for the exit to Jugner. Guess who's big scaley ass I met up with....

:shock:

Why hello Mr. Vrtra, you must be having a wonderful evening tonight, I shall not disturb you...*runs away very quickly.*

Can someone tell me how it is I get the map for KRT? One year in the game and I don't have maps for some of the most notorious areas....
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

i still don't have maps for alot of places... kazham is oe place i should get as i get lost way to eay... last time i tryed to get to ifrites caludren for a pt i got lost and got so made i just wapred home and loged out saying sorry to the pt leader.

he under stood why though...stupid fucking jungle maze of hell!
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

I've felt terrible about partying in CN lately. For the past few sessions, I'VE been the crappy party member. I always end up playing really, really late at night and eventually end up doing something stupid like laying in my bed with my controller as I play, which... ends up with me sleeping and forgetting to engage the mob or something like that.

I guess it kinda comes from being a MNK at that level, since MNKs do... pretty much nothing since we have no real useful JAs for parties and nobody SCs with us.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

when i played war, i alterneated between /mnk /thf and /nin, because each SJ has its purpose, /mnk really loses viablility post lvl 40 really (i dropped it at 37), but war/thf and war/nin are viable all the way to the end.

Awesome thing about war is that Sturmwind SCs with Shadow of death, for frag, and since thats like the ONLY useful scythe skill till vorpal (and even that sucks) SA sturmwind for frag does considerable damage, (i was matching or beating the Thf SATA Viper Bite for awile).

Since my war is only 45 (and needs to stay there till i level the subs for it / save up millions of gil for items - -) i havent had much fun to try out /drk and /sam post 60, though i really think sam isnt that good and /drk is just fun to play around with on any job.

Whm/drk @ 75 using Souleater + Hexastrike, my HNM laughed as my hp went from full to dead in like 3 seconds >.>; though it was fun though ;p
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Welcome back to Rant Time! I'm your host, 'Will-do-anything-for-gil" and welcome to our show....

Ok, not quite, but close. So I need money, but I have a short attention span. This automatically then rules out camping and crafting.....oy I just screwed myself. Well, I says to myself, there are some minor NM's you can camp quickly for a 10-50k drop. And some BCNM's you can look into. Sweet, great idea self! Let's get cracking!

So I go to ffxi.somepage.com which has a very good BCNM and NM database, easily accesible and easy to ready. I'm reading around and find a BCNM50 called "3, 2, 1..." in Palburough...hmm... {I'm interested.}

So reading it, I find out it's a fairly straight forward BCNM. 6 people, cap 50, 30 minutes. In this BCNM is a single monster of the Bomb Family called a Time Bomb. It will not attack you. It does, however, self destruct 60 seconds after it is touched. This means that when the first person lands the first blow, you have 60 seconds to kill it. Better get cracking, it has about 9999hp, or so I was told.

Why did I go and attempt this, you might say? Am I -crazy-? Yes, but that's not why I did it. You see, I had a dastardly plan, and enough BCNM's to do this 5 times. If my plan works, it's a 100% success rate. Unlike "Trials and Tribulations" which has a 33% solo success rate.

I hit the bomb, wait a while. When there's 2 seconds left, {Super Jump}! Ah-ha! Take that! You will explode under me, and I shall collect the treasure.......umm.....Mr. Bomb? You already hit zero....please go boom before I land.....nope...he just sits there....I land, BOOM, 19,528 damage...Let us examine what went wrong here...

After thinking about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that the JA 'Self Destruct' is much like Mijin Gakure or my own Super Jump. It needs a target, otherwise there's an error. It sat there spamming it's Self Destruct with no success. When a kitty landed infront of him, it went boom. Damn you Squeenix and your coding!

Question. Do you think if I bring a friend along who's using some crap job they don't mind having blown to bits....do you think I could Super Jump, they get hit, and I land and collect the treasure? Of course, give them some too for dying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

first... its hard to time when u gonna jump...
2nd... i believe you need to actually beat this..

theres almost a-like same ENM and CoP mission... where you have actually beat to win... once bomb blow up rather u survive or what not, you get kicked out of zone

i suggest you take ur time... lvl ninja... investing ur time
grab few of ur friend and do under observation(bc40) until everyone gets peacock charm...

can be making more than 20mil... (share everyone's scroll and etc...)
very worth it.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

It's not that hard to time the jump. The bomb makes announcements at 60, 30, 20, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. Just hit the jump when you see 3, and since you will be up for 5 seconds, you should be up when it hits zero.

Level up Nin? Why? I don't need it for any of my jobs. The only jobs I'd have to sub it for are post 40, and the only thing I have plans of taking post 40 at the moment is Drg. Now I've tried Drg/Nin. You need either a TON of +Haste gear and -Spell Interruption, or you will be dead -really- fast.

And why do I have to worry about Peacock Charm? Why does anyone now that Argus drops the Amulet? Checking the Under Observation BCNM, it says Peacock Charm drops roughly 5% of the time....That means once every 20 runs. For three people, that's 60 runs. It'd require each person to have 800 Seals.

I've also heard BCNM40 Steamed Sprouts is a good one. Anyone know much about it from personal experince?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Steamed Sprouts requires a good BRD. A BRD who isn't on top of their game won't live long enough for you to kill the main mandy. >< Trust me, we tried this the other day on Alexander (all kitty BCNM run, yay! ^^) and we bombed, badly. The BRD died quickly every round, which ultimately led to our demise. >< So yeah, bad things happening if you don't have a good BRD. :(
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Steamed Sprouts and Worm's Turn is my ls's specialty! We rule those BCNM's, we have broken the records on our server several times when we have done those. :D 8) :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Eviticus wrote: I've also heard BCNM40 Steamed Sprouts is a good one. Anyone know much about it from personal experince?
As Kintrra said, a GOOD BRD. I have heard of this being done with a BLM, but I have only done it with a BRD. PLD, RDM + WHM, 2 DDs is the common setup.

Everyone waits across the bridge, puller pulls the Black Mandy (PLD with flash works well) the rest follow, BRD sleeps the Mandys. PLD, DDs & WHM take the Mandies one at a time, RDMs job is to keep the BRD alive. Kinda borrring for the RDM, trust me on that. I bet the BRD sweats hard.

With the right crew its a snap.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

>.> I was only suggesting its better to do big money and easy bcnm than doing something you dont know how to do. Under Observation is easier than worm's turn.

Again I was only suggestiing.. I never want you to wear a charm... you can always sell it... sure if you wanna camp.. go ahead and camp for 16hours window NM ^^

And about website... lol
its 3 person using orbs til everyone gets 1... from my experience every 9orb(including everyone's.. which is 3orbs per person) got us 2 peacock charm... another run we did 4-5orbs got us 1 peacock charm...

ffxi.somepage.com is not always accurate.. especially stuff like BCNM.. who calculate these data? off from .dat? >.> wow

its all about luck
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Also been looking into Final Bout, the other BCNM50 in Palburough. 3 people, 3 minutes, 1 Gobbue. Fight! ^.^ The only reason I look into it is it drops things I need (ok, want). Shock Mask, Rival Ribbon, the sweet 1.2mil Spiked Finger Gauntlets... If anyone knows what abilities it uses, that'd help me in organizing a group to go in and get it. 2 Drg/Mage and a Drk sounds about right to me, if it doesn't have any viscious debuffs. Enough damage with solid healing....I need to fully level all my mage subs though....gah, I'm such a slacker.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Rant Time

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Rant Time

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо