Mithra .datfiles {found it! check page 2}

A place to talk about... anything!
Nicolette
Kitten

Mithra .datfiles {found it! check page 2}

Post by Nicolette »

Hihi, i'm helping put together a compilation file of .dat changes for my server and was wondering if anyone here has or knows where to find this set...
especially looking for the hair mods =p

and if youre interested in ffxi modding the current set is downloadable from
http://www.devimension.com/devi_data/ff ... ection.rar
updates are listed here:
http://www.devimension.com/devi_data/ffxi_datupdate.txt

and you can contact me either here, at xxnikkixx@juno.com, or on www.qcdn.org under the name Orchid

thanks in advance
Last edited by Nicolette on Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
71 SMN
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Wow. :o

Goth kitties! :D
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Only data swapping I've done is installing the original mithra sit files and some custom music tracks. (Remixes of the Magitech factory from FF6 go GREAT in the Metal Works and Bastok as a whole. Castle Figaro music in San d'Oria too.)
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

thanks for the files post, Its helped me tag on a unique mithra beta look, head wise, cuz im ya know I was bored
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sabre
Kitten

Post by Sabre »

I love this site http://tomy951.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ since that is my model. As for the one that you posted above, that one had a few issues with clipping, and I wanted to pull the stupid bats out. I got it from http://tune.ache-bang.com/~vg/ a while ago, as a friend hotlinked the link.
Sabre
Homeland: Windurst Rank 10
Notable Jobs: 75 WHM, 75 BRD, 75 RDM, 61 PLD, 56 BST, 40 BLM, 38 WAR, 37 SMN
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

3rd party stuff = bad
Nicolette
Kitten

Post by Nicolette »

hmm. anyway you can get the hotlink to the actual files somehow? I'm mostly interested in the head mods and not so much the dress and bats.. it looks as if the bats are a head armor mod and not part of the head.dat itself so that wouldnt be a problem. I posted on mmo xoops as well to see if someone will give me a link to the file. (yay first lead at all) :)
71 SMN
Nicolette
Kitten

Post by Nicolette »

Tinacat wrote:3rd party stuff = bad
eh. you fail at trolling.
71 SMN
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

phh, that isnt third party programs, they are just dat files you replace with your own. its completly legal and client side (server side nothing is changed, so it doesnt affect anything).

its a similar process to modding weapons in CS 1.3 (old days), just find file and replace with what you want. again, your not changing anything the server sees, just what you see ;p.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Ooooo... Holoween party dresses.

We are never going to get anything that looke that much like a dress. Never.

/deep heartfelt sigh
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

Nicolette wrote:
how is that trolling? :?:
Sabre
Kitten

Post by Sabre »

Nicolette wrote:hmm. anyway you can get the hotlink to the actual files somehow? I'm mostly interested in the head mods and not so much the dress and bats.. it looks as if the bats are a head armor mod and not part of the head.dat itself so that wouldnt be a problem. I posted on mmo xoops as well to see if someone will give me a link to the file. (yay first lead at all) :)
I'll see if my friend still has the link. There was another JP Site that had several head combos. You are right, the bats was the headset as I have seen the blue haired on another set of armour. You could try this Wiki and see if it helps as well http://hanako.rit.edu/mediawiki/index.php/FFXI_Mods
Sabre
Homeland: Windurst Rank 10
Notable Jobs: 75 WHM, 75 BRD, 75 RDM, 61 PLD, 56 BST, 40 BLM, 38 WAR, 37 SMN
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I couldnt get my custom setup posted before pc went ka-blewie, so this is the armor i used heh
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Kinky dark armor, suits you perfectly Karou! :D lol Yeah I kind of like that one too, gotta love the backside, we kittys make armor look good. 8)
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ambrey wrote:Kinky dark armor, suits you perfectly Karou! :D lol Yeah I kind of like that one too, gotta love the backside, we kittys make armor look good. 8)
Ark Angel Hume-Model texture Warrior Artifact Fighter's Lorica
Nicolette
Kitten

Post by Nicolette »

Sabre wrote:
Nicolette wrote:hmm. anyway you can get the hotlink to the actual files somehow? I'm mostly interested in the head mods and not so much the dress and bats.. it looks as if the bats are a head armor mod and not part of the head.dat itself so that wouldnt be a problem. I posted on mmo xoops as well to see if someone will give me a link to the file. (yay first lead at all) :)
I'll see if my friend still has the link. There was another JP Site that had several head combos. You are right, the bats was the headset as I have seen the blue haired on another set of armour. You could try this Wiki and see if it helps as well http://hanako.rit.edu/mediawiki/index.php/FFXI_Mods
unfortunately all the sites on that list that I havent been to already are because they dont exist anymore. I'll try to find balmor's mithra zipfile somewhere tho.. nothing ever truly vanishes on the net.
71 SMN
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

Nicolette wrote:
Really that's not trolling. It just wasnt going in depth of the reasons. While these mods are fun to see and stuff, technically they're illegal in-game. SE has put in the codes of conduct (which i know, nobody ever reads) and has stated multiple times that using 3rd party tools will get you banned. I personally never use any of these, I just go with what's been made and hope for better stuff (like maybe they could make something like that for halloween). while I'm not going to yell at you and try to make you stop, at least try to be careful about what you do. Dont do anything too obvious and dont go around saying it's a mod, because it might get you your account banned. Just be careful with what you do alright? keep it low profile.
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

And yes, i know i go by the rules too much :?
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

Dont do anything too obvious and dont go around saying it's a mod, because it might get you your account banned. Just be careful with what you do alright? keep it low profile.
Wouldnt it just show up only for you? So how could you go around explaining to people that you look different, because you are modded?
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tinacat wrote:
Dont do anything too obvious and dont go around saying it's a mod, because it might get you your account banned. Just be careful with what you do alright? keep it low profile.
Wouldnt it just show up only for you? So how could you go around explaining to people that you look different, because you are modded?
Well the only way they could check I suppose is with a file check in every update...
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

They don't do 'file checks'. Nor would it be fesible too. Think about it like this, I did Allakhazam Trojan Virus scan recently. One of their ads had a virus and they posted the link to a website that would check your computer for you. Anyways, that scan took about 20 minutes. Let's say Squeenix wanted to scan my compy to see if I had modded their files....let's put a nice round time estimate of 5 minutes....then multiply that by the 1.5million users....If they were doing one person at a time, it would take roughly 14 years and 3 months. They'd be doing more then one person at a time, so that'd take months....yeah...

Besides. If you mod a dat file, all it changes is what you see. All the hard information like stats and algorithms are on Squeenix servers, you can't change that. You cannot get your account banned for modding your own dat files, they simply have no interest in what you do with it as long as it doesn't give you an advantage.

(400th post, Feral Cat)
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

i happen to agree, SE cant see client side what your files are, not because they want to run a scan but legally they cant!

you would have to sign a legal agreement to let them scan your computer remotly, but unlike the TOS its against the law to deny someone service for failing to allow them to scan you...

im sure sigyn would explain it better (or possibly rebuke me and put it in legal jargon), but how i understand it is this. you computer is your private property, noone is allowed to scan or gain access to the files legally unless with a warrent or with your permission. and its illegal to deny a person certain priviges in order for them to compy with an "illegal" search (see. torture laws)

in essence SE doesnt know anything your doing client side. the "bans" for the windower are people who admitted to using it, if you decline saying im not using it... they dont know if your lying or telling the truth.

things server side, speedhacks, wallhacks, flyhacks, warphacks, fleehacks, superfishbots, claimbots (fast fingers and the like) can all be seen server side. and is a very very bad idea to use them. because unlike most other "third party tools" they give the user an advantage that others dont have... in game, and are just plain wrong in my opinion.

i AM a fan of the FFXI windower though, i think its the single greatest user support third party utility created for ffxi... i would recommend anyone to use it, if nothing else the windowing feature is a godsend for anyone who has to multi-task. then again it is considered a "hack" for this very reason... apparently SE doesnt know how millions of PC users like to game >.>; (with windows, talking on aim, on irc, or just writing a paper while LFG)
@ the new version of the windower is going to inclue opening up Japenese text imput on the american version!, thank you windower! f*** you SE!
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

SE bans 3rd party programs like Windowers because they claim 3rd party programs may give the user an unfair advantage. Now, while being able to Alt-Tab is relatively harmless by itself, there have been other programs that have done far worse. Like allowyou to change your job out in the field.

I don't use a windower because I'm affraid I'll download the wrong one and have my account stolen or something. ^.^;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicolette
Kitten

Post by Nicolette »

The Japanese IME plugin is already on the site... ive been using it for a month. ffxi.archbell.com (go to forums then down to plugins). You need to have japanese IME for windows installed. (look up support for east asian languages in google if you need to know how to set it up)

Still looking for this .dat set tho =p
71 SMN
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Eviticus wrote:SE bans 3rd party programs like Windowers because they claim 3rd party programs may give the user an unfair advantage. Now, while being able to Alt-Tab is relatively harmless by itself, there have been other programs that have done far worse. Like allowyou to change your job out in the field.
I remember hearing that one version of the Windower allowed you to mess about with items; getting double the amount and things like that. Maybe it's my memory that's off, though.

Personally, I think that SE could find a bit of a market for something like this. Given that they only affect how you see your character, it seems pretty harmless. As such, SE could quite possibly get a bit more life out of the game for it's users by offering alternate ways that each set of armour looks - by having their own set of .dat file mods, maybe? Not that it's something I'm personally fussed about, but I can see why some people might be.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

ive heard about that bug as well. but its not with the windower, its a bug that 56k users can do. (not going to say how to do it), but effectly you can double items by DCing yourself... granted though they can easily track people doing this... and dont get happy when they see someone doubling SH+1's.
Nicolette
Kitten

Post by Nicolette »

found em. yay. will be in next update I assume since I sent them to devifoxx already.
71 SMN
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Those are just cool. O.O

Too bad I'd be the only one to see them. :cry:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

(to the people talking about SE scanning your computer in replying to my post about)

You miss the point of my post COMPLETELY!

The previous person said about dont explain to people you have a mod. And my reply was about how that is kinda pointless when they cant see your mods anyways.

OK?
Nicolette
Kitten

Post by Nicolette »

Guess that depends on if youre playing the game for yourself or for what other ppl think of you. Personally I like modding things because its what I have to see everyday... and because throwing someone in slavewear thats irritating you is simply more fun than cursing them out.
71 SMN