Server Maintenance

A place to talk about... anything!
Jae
Tomcat

Server Maintenance

Post by Jae »

I remember there werent this much maintenance.. when I first started FFXI...
updating 2-3 times a week... is really getting annoying now....

whats wrong with SE =/ ?

going to lose my LoO ToD now... ; ;
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

Hackers, pure and simple. People who, for whatever reason, take it upon themselves to ruin us, the hardworking, devoted characters of FFXI.

Besides, there is so much going on now that they just need to do it. October's update is going to be massive.
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

i believe this is not only matter of hackers... even if it was hacker its SE's fault letting them hacking to their poor security.

i believe we are not beta-tester... testing was long time ago
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Jae wrote:i believe this is not only matter of hackers... even if it was hacker its SE's fault letting them hacking to their poor security.

There's no such thing as a totally hackproof server...
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

no1 said it was ^^;
im just saying

this is getting annoying.. and not giving service how they suppose to..
do u think its normal to maintenance 2-3 times a week?

i believe this week.. we had 5 or more maintenance
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

JediKitsune wrote:
Jae wrote:i believe this is not only matter of hackers... even if it was hacker its SE's fault letting them hacking to their poor security.

There's no such thing as a totally hackproof server...
actually there is...

its called offline, unplugged, and used as storage/spare parts for non-hackproof servers.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

you know I hate it when peopel say crap like this, you dont relize how har dit is to do what they do, we dont acualy see what they do server wise every day to keep us happy. People that say SE is lazy or SE does not know what they are doing, needs to go stuff themselves, SE is doing a better job then other online companies that I have seen, and they will continue to do well in the future. and btw you are over exsagerating the server maintinace, they are not oding it 2-3 times a week, more like 2-3 times a month, and that is not that much.
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Talis Kitsue
Kitten

Post by Talis Kitsue »

SE just wants to make sure none of use gets screwed over , mostly trying to keep they players happy, server maintenance will always be there to make sure of any threats, and to make sure that we dont crash outa nowere XD last thing id wanna see is them stop maintenance to once a month or something cuz of complaints , on a plus side if they do small stuff like this every couple of weeks they wont have to hear you complain about and 3 day down time cuz they didnt do anything the past month or so XD which would suck worse in the end
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/TalisKitsue/tal.jpg[/img]
Talis : Bismark: 50 rng / 20 nin Rank 5
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?122046
Talis: Valefor: 40 rng / 20 nin Rank 4
Kitsue: Kujata: 18 thf/ - Rank 1
~~~~~~~~
ZM 1-1 | PM 3-5 | WM 5-2
~~~~~~~~
Why do mithras get all the fun?? Dont forget about us manthras XD!!!! orz~
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

Kailea wrote:

you know I hate it when peopel say crap like this, you dont relize how har dit is to do what they do, we dont acualy see what they do server wise every day to keep us happy. People that say SE is lazy or SE does not know what they are doing, needs to go stuff themselves, SE is doing a better job then other online companies that I have seen, and they will continue to do well in the future. and btw you are over exsagerating the server maintinace, they are not oding it 2-3 times a week, more like 2-3 times a month, and that is not that much.
; ; Kailea~ dont hit me T_T i never said its caused by hackers T_T
but maintenance.. recently they had many =/
not 2-3times month but a lot of times in past 2-3months...
i do know SE does great job than other online
how they encrypt the packets.. and ppl still dont know the way for translating it but
im just saying =/ because of this.. ppl have much trouble

i just dont like SE to turn out like this all the time
since i like it ^^;
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Server Maintenance

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Server Maintenance

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо