WoW its me!

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

/sits back and watches the entairnament

/wonders if she can get the popcorn consession to this show
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Well, this seems to have become quite entertaining. I like it, a challenge, finally. I do hope you know though,

Batsu pauses and sighs as he realizes he is yet again interrupted in his attempt to reply to Tivia's post. Well actually, this is the first time he's tried to reply, but that’s irrelevant. Batsu is actually on vacation at the moment and has been all this week and for a few days before then and you know what that means right? That means he's very busy. Very, very, busy.

We now return you to your previously scheduled programming. Thank you.

Oh and by the way, Jae, what do you mean when you ask if I'm coming back? Do you mean coming back to finish the argument or coming back to Final Fantasy XI?

Also, don't think I won’t finish this. I actually am going to try to put time aside to do so, that is, finish it I mean. I'm very excited about this, I love a good argument.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

What I find somewhat ironic is, here comes Batsu preaching how there's only 3 good ffxi jobs, blah blah blah, and then he rolls a hunter. :P
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

you actually thought i was telling you to come back here to finish arguement! ><

i meant are you coming back to ffxi?
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Now see here, see here. I want this to be a good clean argument, ya see? No strikes below the belt.(No telling what you'll hit, with some of the gender-masking going on.) No foul language. No carrying grudges. This is all in good fun......all right?.....Go! :D
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Talis Kitsue
Kitten

Post by Talis Kitsue »

*builds a stage and puts rows of couches in front of it with popcorn machines in the middle with a vending machine.. then plops down on the front row with a huge tub of popcorn and a soda* ok ready to watch the rest of it!! is the intermission done yet? ^^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/TalisKitsue/tal.jpg[/img]
Talis : Bismark: 50 rng / 20 nin Rank 5
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?122046
Talis: Valefor: 40 rng / 20 nin Rank 4
Kitsue: Kujata: 18 thf/ - Rank 1
~~~~~~~~
ZM 1-1 | PM 3-5 | WM 5-2
~~~~~~~~
Why do mithras get all the fun?? Dont forget about us manthras XD!!!! orz~
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

*sets off pyros and runs down to the stage with a chair and nails Batsu 6 times then puts a Moonsault on him and puts the Sharpshooter on him* FEAR THE DEATH PACK! TAP!!!!!

/em drops batsu through a table then runs him into the ring post before walking back up the ramp
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kira
Kitten

Post by Kira »

First off, this is just plain visious! Second, i play EQ/EQ2/WoW/FFXI/Guildwars/Planetside(but this is not relavant). Third, I think WoW is fun, good battle system(i never party, only solo), but the PvP sucks a big one. It is for casual play mostly, which for me like others is good. FFXI on the other hand makes PvP fun with ballista(but it could use more PvP settings). Also, I solo AND party on FFXI because it makes me want to, not because i have to, you could go forever on FFXI without a prty, you may not get everything you want or go everwhere, but it can still be fun. And on WoW, lvling is fast and easy, its only hard when you make it that way! As to jobs on the two games, no one can say that they know everything about a job, it would all be skill and opinion based, you need to look at a variety of ppl on a job to get even a half-assed view on it. As to armor making the player, I lvled blm from 4 to 9 in a few hours with just a Ash Pole and my summerfest cloths and a copper hairpin, dont say that bad armor makes a character bad, and good armor makes up for lack of skill. That may have been low lvl, but ive seen high lvls do almost the same thing. And my 24rdm is doing just fine in armor that can still be used by a lvl 15. Finally I've seen ppl mess up the simplest "button pushes" for a skill and gotten the whole party killed on FF, and on WoW ive killed something that a charcter 4 lvls up from me was totally pwnd by because i used skil, not "pushing a button and watching the skill."

Please let me know if you wanna bring me into this thread ne more, but for now, this is all ive got to say.
Fairy Server: Crystana Rdm25/Mnk14 Rank4
-----------------Riverwind Whm22/Rdm11 Rank2

Bahamut Server: Keara Mnk10 Rank1

Midgar Server:Crystana Thf3 Rank1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Kira, you are always welcome to post anywhere.

But in a Thread such as this, with Tivia vs. Batsu, my personal favorite place is on the comfy couches provided by Talis Kitsue. Join me there. Want some popcorn?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Edit - Okay, just so all of this here makes sense to you, quotes are in dark blue and the person being quoted will have their name italicized under the quote. I'm doing it this way because I think it looks sexier.

you actually thought i was telling you to come back here to finish arguement! ><

i meant are you coming back to ffxi?

- Jae

Heh, I thought you were asking if I was coming back to Final Fantasy XI, I just didn't want to sound like a fool if you weren't. Anyways, to answer that question, yes, I am. Actually, I had planned on trying to log on and play when I got back from vacation.^^

Now, since I'm trying to get things done and pack my stuff since I have to catch an airplane this afternoon, I'll just post some quotes from another topic similar to this, quotes in defense to my cause that is.

Quote - 1

World of Warcraft sucks anyways. I'm glad you got your account stolen. Laughs

- nelta
Edited by - Batsu

Haha, have you ever played it? Obviously not or you didn't get higher level. Its fun to play at lower level and its fun to level up; you can actually do a lot solo and in groups. All jobs are useful pre-endgame and endgame unlike this game where you have to be certain jobs to be useful.

It doesn’t take forever to get max level so you can play multiple jobs and you don't have to play certain jobs because you will have wasted your time if you level a certain job to 75. These are all straight up FACTS. Also people don't care as much about drama on World of Warcraft compared to Final Fantasy XI.

In World of Warcraft you have these things that are fun call instances where you have to battle through many different environments to get up to what you would call in Final Fantasy XI an HNM and only your group can be in there and it separates so everyone’s group gets to kill these without them being stolen and so on. So with all these FACTS please tell me how the game sucks? Or how Final Fantasy XI is a better game overall? Final Fantasy XI is only good if you are in the best HNM Linkshell and if you are a Red Mage, Ninja, Ranger, Bard, Summoner, White Mage, Black Mage.

Any game where everyone doesn't have an equal opportunity isn't a good game and yes I wasted my time. "Stop complaining you are only saying this because you are a Dragoon and you should have leveled a new job." Well, when others and I played this game when it first came out. When you selected your job you did not think about end game or any of those matters. Which job would be harder to play ect...you picked the job because it sounded like something to do. If you picked it just because it's an "easy" job you're pretty worthless.

I think I made my point and I will probably copy paste this into a new post soon. Keep the discussion smart not moronic. Give serious feedback either to say "Yes Amroth you're right." or "No Amroth you’re wrong because . . ."

[Peace]

- Amroth of http://www.killingifrit.com/
Edited by - Batsu

Quote - 2

World of Warcraft is not easier than Final Fantasy XI. PvP is a huge part of World of Warcraft so when you are done with the hardest HNMs it's always the same in Final Fantasy XI. In World of Warcraft if you beat it once you can beat it again. When you are in a fight with the Alliance or Horde it's another player so it always changes. This can happen almost anywhere not in a fixed PvP area or Ballista as you would probably call it. Also, Fuufuu what level are you truly? You obviously know nothing about either game and you are extremely immature. Constructive posts please. You are just showing everyone your stupidity.

Edited by - Batsu

Notes - Okay, I'm well aware that this . . .

Also, Fuufuu what level are you truly? You obviously know nothing about either game and you are extremely immature.

Edited by - Batsu

. . . has almost nothing to do with the discussion and doesn't make very much sense since you can't see their post, so just pay no attention to it please.

Quote - 3

You can kill anyone of any level in World of Warcraft. Yes, the people that kill others that are worth no Honor to them are asses. Normally you want to kill people around your level so you get Honorable Kills in order to get better items. There is also something called Battle Grounds, Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley. This feels kind of similar to Warcraft III in my opinion. It’s like a huge war, taking over towns and stuff. It does end however, once one team gets the required points and so on, then once enough players have entered queue for another, a new one will begin. There is no time limit to Warsong Gulch or Alterac Valley.

Strategy is required in groups and as an individual. On my server when an Alliance player tries to be a “Hero” so to say, and fights alone they get owned. The Horde, however, makes a Raid Group and works together and therefore, they are victorious. Also any class can kill any class in that game if played correctly. Adaptation is necessary in certain situations. Now that the Alliance got the picture on my server, finally, they make Raid Groups for PvP. But that's the difference in PvP between the two games. FFXI may be fun for some of you but it's because you are an "easy" job.

End game is fun for Final Fantasy XI for a while; however, it gets really repetitive. Blizzard adds a lot into there game all the time even when it's not repetitive. The downside to that is servers aren't always ready for what Blizzard has planned but they do actually fix things. Unlike Square-Enix, Final Fantasy XI could easily be a better game than World of Warcraft if Square-Enix gave more of a damn. Just now they are starting to do some things but they've done it a bit late. It's at the point that it doesn't fix things, instead it pisses people off. Example - Ranger patch

The best aspect of Final Fantasy XI is the storyline but again not all jobs are useful for it . . . In World of Warcraft the stories actually effect what's going on outside. For example, one day you can walk into the castle keep and there will be dragons there. This is because a group of people are doing a Quest, Onyxia for those who play. Both games are fun; the difference is Final Fantasy XI is fun for the “Elites”. World of Warcraft is fun for everyone if you get to a higher level, provided you have skill. In Final Fantasy XI nearly anyone with half a brain can be decently good at almost any job. In World of Warcraft it is required that you change and adapt which is the aspect I enjoy the most.

Edited by - Batsu

Quote - 4

I wouldn't say World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XI is better than each other more of they're just two great and very different games.

I've played Final Fantasy XI since the PS2 release and loved it. I, like you, leveled a job to 75 not because it was needed in the end game but because I loved the job. In World of Warcraft every job is useful. There is no "we don't take warriors cuz they suck". Any job can solo to 60 which eliminates looking for group and gives you time to do what you should be doing while logged on: PLAYING.

The battles system in World of Warcraft is no where near as deep as FF nor are there any real party dynamics such as Skillchains and Magic Bursts. Teaming up in World of Warcraft is extremely fun just not a necessity like it is in Final Fantasy XI.

I love the fact that there's a real story in Final Fantasy XI but hate the fact that it takes eons to progress through anything and that only specific jobs excel during the Boss/Notorious Monster fights. I love the fact that you can solo to 60 in World of Warcraft but hate the fact you can't change jobs.

There's so many ups and down with each game. Really it's all about preference. If you have a lot of time on your hands that can be spent leveling up not only the job you enjoy to play but other that is deemed more "useful" then play FF. If being looking for group or camping Notorious Monsters for long periods of time doesn't bother you then play Final Fantasy XI. If insane level grinds and mismatched jobs don’t bother you, then play FF. If PvP, soloing or grouping, simple, easy-to-understand mechanics appeal to you then play World of Warcraft.

- Venidar of http://www.killingifrit.com/
Edited by - Batsu

Quote - 5

At the moment I'm playing both Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft.

My main job in FFXI is currently 58 WAR. I've also taken DRG and RDM into the 60s on a character that I've since abandoned.

Granted, I haven't seen the so-called “end-game” in either game yet. But from what I have seen, I don't think it's fair to say World of Warcraft is much "easier" than Final Fantasy XI. It's faster - a lot faster, but faster does not necessarily equal easy. That said, World of Warcraft is easier, but people exaggerate.

World of Warcraft's greatest appeal seems to be the fact that you can get into the meat of the game almost immediately after you log on. When I'm bored and have nothing to do for an hour or so, I can log into World of Warcraft and get stuff done.

In comparison, I don't even bother logging onto Final Fantasy XI if I can't dedicate a decent multi-hour block of time to play - because I know I'm not going to be able to get anything done other than perhaps chat with friends. I enjoy Final Fantasy XI immensely when I'm able to do what I want (i.e. experience point parties), but more often than not it takes an obscene amount of time just to get started.

That said, I've started to static with some real life friends. Since it appears we're not going to meet all that often though, I haven't logged on much the past two weeks other than to catch up on Linkshell chat every now and then.

- Whisper of http://www.killingifrit.com/
Edited by - Batsu

Well, I must say I've gotten far too wrapped up in this . . . what I thought would be a few simple quotes turned into me editing the hell out of the grammar of some just to be able to post it. I've wasted too much time on this and I must go and finish getting things together or I'll miss the plane. However before I go, I do not necessarily agree with the thoughts and opinions everything quoted above. I also plan on trying to post some more of my own thoughts later on provided I have the time to do so.

Edit - I almost forgot to add this but . . . don't forget this either, some of my edits may not necessarily be the opinions of those who I quoted.

Anyways, glad you're all so excited about this . . . well at least it looks that way to me.

Take it easy ~ Batsu
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Talis Kitsue
Kitten

Post by Talis Kitsue »

excited *looks around at what he built* na :P i wanted to build the stage , couches and popcorn machine set up for fun XD on with the show! :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/TalisKitsue/tal.jpg[/img]
Talis : Bismark: 50 rng / 20 nin Rank 5
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?122046
Talis: Valefor: 40 rng / 20 nin Rank 4
Kitsue: Kujata: 18 thf/ - Rank 1
~~~~~~~~
ZM 1-1 | PM 3-5 | WM 5-2
~~~~~~~~
Why do mithras get all the fun?? Dont forget about us manthras XD!!!! orz~
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

*comes in*

Nice setup talis all we need now is some host like "Tabby Springer" or something... I can just hear the croud chanting now "Tabby, Tabby"

( o_o) on the other hand... maybe we should hire some bouncers and rent-a-cops too...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: WoW its me!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: WoW its me!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting