Non-Windurstan Mithra/Tarutaru (Poll of the Day)

A place to talk about... anything!

Which city do you prefer?

Windurst
60%
Lastok
14%
Sandy-oreo
26%

Total votes: 35

Talis Kitsue
Kitten

Post by Talis Kitsue »

haha is it that windy is to bendy or is it that everywere else isnt bendy enough!

my pick Windy for all
sandy can come second i may be a kitty but only other kittys call me furball!!
bastok well.... yea... not much to see there but the same color ever were u look
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/TalisKitsue/tal.jpg[/img]
Talis : Bismark: 50 rng / 20 nin Rank 5
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?122046
Talis: Valefor: 40 rng / 20 nin Rank 4
Kitsue: Kujata: 18 thf/ - Rank 1
~~~~~~~~
ZM 1-1 | PM 3-5 | WM 5-2
~~~~~~~~
Why do mithras get all the fun?? Dont forget about us manthras XD!!!! orz~
luna_panshiel
Kitten

Post by luna_panshiel »

i'm rank 6 in windurst and rank 5 in bastok, i seriously dont want ANYTHING to do with san d'oria for 2 reasons:

1.i cant stand the racist elves

2.san d'oria has the highest concentration of idiots than any other nation*

(*the only thing san d'oria really has going for them are sheer numbers of people, and the relative number of idiots is naturally higher.

Example: if bastok/windurst has 1000 people and 25% are idiots than thats 250 idiots total.
and san d'oria has 5000 people and 25% are idiots then they have 1250 stupid people to embarrass their nation.)
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Windy!

Prior to my present character I played about as a Hume in Bastok, and a San d'Oria Elvaan. Bastok was just depressing - so grey! And there was something about Sandy that rubbed me the wrong way, ignoring the populance.
Windy, on the other hand, seems nice and cheerful, and a generally nice place to be. The scenery makes me happy, and I like the NPCs. I like how the Taru-Taru talk :D
Klenath
Big Cat

Post by Klenath »

Back in my FFXI days (retired), I was a Sandy cat. When I switched to BLM/WHM jobs I found that being from Sandy made getting my Drain scroll quite easy. Easy faction gains (cabbage runs to Selbina) helped me immensely.

Also, gaining fame for Windy stunk for my Aspir & Tele-Mea scroll quests. :(

p.s. What's up my old Midgard kitty friends? :)
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Klenath wrote:Back in my FFXI days (retired), I was a Sandy cat. When I switched to BLM/WHM jobs I found that being from Sandy made getting my Drain scroll quite easy. Easy faction gains (cabbage runs to Selbina) helped me immensely.

Also, gaining fame for Windy stunk for my Aspir & Tele-Mea scroll quests. :(

p.s. What's up my old Midgard kitty friends? :)
{word}{up}{Home point}^^

Jaela wrote:Which city do you prefer?
Windurst
Lastok
Sandy-oreo
Cute. Not biased toward Windurst at all, are we?

I like Sandy. AH and tradeskill NPSs are all near each other and the run from MH to airship isn't far. Only real gripe is that the MH is far from most of the useful NPCs.

Bastok I love. It did and still does remind me of Figaro. Industrial, efficient, compact. Very well laid out. The less used buildings are in the Port and upper Metalworks and these have the longest runs. AH is very close in both Mines and Markets to the MHs. The whole city is surrounded my a mountain to one side and the sea to the other. Very safe feeling there. I find the high spires of the tallest buildings very easy on the eyes. I like smooth corners and white stone. Only real gripe I have is that the airship dock and the MH in Port are quite a run from each other.

Windurst. I hate this hole. It has the same number of vendors and NPCs and such as the other two cities but spread over five maps rather than three. Basically the place is a huge time sink. You spend more time running, than doing. Oh, and cause it's alway brought up, yes there are warp tarus which are placed in some of the most worthless locations. The only time I can remember going "Hey I'll just use the warp taru." is when I was checking the price of fish in the Walls' AH vs the fishing guild, and way back in the day when we took chocobos out to Eco Warrior cause we didn't have 37 WHMs. Yes I've done the flower girl quest but the MH's are out of the way from most everything. The music is innane. I have it off on my Windy mule. The tarus' way of speaking is cute in small doses but highly irritating in a city of them. As much as I hate the city, it's not a total loss. The MH is close to a single point of interest: the airship dock. And the Bone and Cloth guilds are near an AH which is handy. For the most part I avoid being there unless I must. Hate Saruta too. The maps lie. Windurst also is home to some of the shittiest quests in the game. I spent an hour on that damn hat quest only to accidentally zone when checking for any NPCs on the other side of the seemingly pointless tarp covered tunnel that leads to Port. You know that mission where you have one day to kill as many things as you can in Bubu? Well I wait till just after midnight to start it, go out kill a lot, Warp back with about 2 game hours left and I fail it cause I 'took too long'. So yeah. I despise Windworst. I have better wastes of my time than running around the dirty mazelike gopher tunnels like some kind of rodent's Sunday drive. If I want a scenic route I'll go to Zi'Tah or take an airship.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

im from bastok... :?
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Non-Windurstan Mithra/Tarutaru (Poll of the Day)

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Non-Windurstan Mithra/Tarutaru (Poll of the Day)

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо