The downsides of powerleveling our newbies.

A place to talk about... anything!
Asiren
Kitten

Post by Asiren »

Hmm... I've only powerleveled a party with linkshell members in Valkurm Dunes once (and for free). I decided that while powerleveling one person is rather easy, I hate power-leveling parties. Too many people to keep track of, and it encourages people to be sloppy.

So, unless it's just one person I'm PL-ing, I won't power level at all. Even if it's only one person, I do it for free since I'm usually power leveling a friend. (Mostly in the 1-10 levels.) I've only power-leveled one stranger... That person insisted on giving me 2 stacks of apple pies when I refused his gil. ^^;; I've never powerleveled a stranger since. Too busy, and I'd rather have people learn how to play on their own.

I prefer to level without a powerleveler because you learn how to work with your job. With a PL, you just get sloppy and lazy. You have to trust the PL to save you in time, and if the PL is not good at PL-ing, then you can actually do worse in the party than if you didn't have a PL.

In summary: Powerleveler? {No thanks.}
Asiren ~ lvl 48 whm/blm ~
Server: Bahamut
Windurstian Rank 5
Jobs:
lvl 48 whm, lvl 30 blm, lvl 8 rdm,
lvl 21 war, lvl 15 thf, lvl 15 mnk,
lvl 35 rng, lvl 15 smn, lvl 10 drk,
lvl 20 nin, lvl 12 pld, lvl 10 sam,
lvl 4 bst
Omgwtfbbqkitten
Kitten

Post by Omgwtfbbqkitten »

All I can say is I love SE for adding Blockaid into the scheme of things. Not only does it fix part of the claim system, stop good samaritains from stealing my Taru BST's hate and prevent bored healers from busting some guy's bajillion-gil synth, it stop what I hate almost more than gilsellers and buyers - powerlevellers.

Now, instead of turning down PTs in the dunes, I can accpet the PL PTs with blockaid on and just let the others be gimp. Sure, i'll frustrate those who willingly want to be a higher level noob, but then, I kind of want to.

BTW, the terminolgy of "newb" is someone who is truely new to the game and in the process of learning. A "noob" is someone who just never learns.

I only ever PLed somone once and it was a THF in an LS way back, and only because he was paying me 50k which, at the time, was big money in this game. As my Taru WHM progresed, I became disgusted with the frequent, inconsiderate PL requests I recieved, which is one of the big reasons I don't play WHM anymore. My BRD gets them from time to time and the requests are met with an instant blacklisting.
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Wow.....now that's something I *really* don't understand. :shock:
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

How odd...the only PL requests I usually get are from friends, and even then, if I'm busy, then that's too bad. Then again, the fact that I'm a PLD probably matter a good bit in that issue. But I can still PL really low levels. And I do, when it's my friends and they're wanting to put together a lv.10 Party for dunes or something. I just did this the other day actually for an MP member so she could be at 10 with the rest of us in the Dunes. But absolutely random PL's? Nope, ain't gonna happen, even when PLD does get high enough. And paid PL's? Gonna happen even less. I refuse to help people and charge for it. If I do happen to help someone out, and they decide to give me something, I'm not gonna argue with it, but I'll not setup a PL payment ahead of time or anything. It's just....wrong....
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

hmm oh yeah before i restarted mp shell for the 3rd time on pande i remember we were a group of kitties (a full party) that plvled one of the members in dunes :lol: ok everyone wasnt equipted with a mage sub but they did remove links and killed eventuall links that popped up ^^ it was fun
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

I was going out to level my NPC the last few days. I kept thinking of places to level, with lots of mobs, and lots of mobs that people usually didn't fight. I had a brainwave and suddenly realized Yhotar! It's perfect. People love you for clearing out the goblins. You get your NPC exped up rather quickly. And you garner goodwill. So, every day i head out to yhotar and slaughter the goblins around the usual camping spots. I only wish i could do it in the nest.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Tobermory
Kitten

Post by Tobermory »

this is really off topic but one of my best THF friends learned how to trick off of moving people. he did it while we were screwing around and I was like :shock:
um... I got nothin
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tobermory wrote:this is really off topic but one of my best THF friends learned how to trick off of moving people. he did it while we were screwing around and I was like :shock:
And this is a good thing how? :shock: I can see where this would come in handy trying to MPK someone (gilsellers anyone? :D ) but what's the practical use of it, ya know?
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Tobermory
Kitten

Post by Tobermory »

its nice for tanks that cant keep hate but other than that its more of a novelty and a nice skill to have. really cool to watch too.
um... I got nothin
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The downsides of powerleveling our newbies.

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The downsides of powerleveling our newbies.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru