Star Control II

A place to talk about... anything!
Prrsha

Star Control II

Post by Prrsha »

For those who loved the old PC game Star Control II, it is available for DL now for Windows 98/XP as shareware. It has updated graphics and music which is an added plus as well. :)

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy!
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

cool, I have never played this...but it looks fun :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Tried it, good game, no compulsion to keep playing was ever induced though. I liked the strategy and grand strategy aspects, the map was confusing.

For Single player games, what I want is a 21st century rendition of Masters of Magic.

For MMONRPGs what I would like to see is a MMON version of the wonderfuly steampunk game Arcanum.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tsybil wrote:Tried it, good game, no compulsion to keep playing was ever induced though. I liked the strategy and grand strategy aspects, the map was confusing.

For Single player games, what I want is a 21st century rendition of Masters of Magic.

For MMONRPGs what I would like to see is a MMON version of the wonderfuly steampunk game Arcanum.
You arrre thinking of Star Control 1. Star Con 1 was a strategy game and Star Con 2 was sort of an arcade/RPG game.

Also... Star Control 2 is one of the funniest games to date. The only thing that rates up with it is the Monkey Island series of video games.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I played Star Control in high school! I never uh... "found" a copy of SC2. OMG, I am going to play this right now!
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

I loved SC2! Fwiffo of the Spathi was the best.

"Attention, big, mean, alien vessel hovering over us in obvious attack posture."
Haha classic.
Tsybil wrote:...For Single player games, what I want is a 21st century rendition of Masters of Magic....
Oh HELL yes. I'd be all over that if it came to pass. MoM is my favorite turn based, evar.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Fayin wrote:
Tsybil wrote:...For Single player games, what I want is a 21st century rendition of Masters of Magic....
Oh HELL yes. I'd be all over that if it came to pass. MoM is my favorite turn based, evar.
It might be sooner then you think... :wink:

http://www.masterofmagic2.com/
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Wow, now I only miss remakes of 'UFO: Enemy Unknown', 'Syndicate', 'Deathtrack' and a few other oldies that I don't remember right now....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Prrsha wrote:
Fayin wrote:
It might be sooner then you think... :wink:

http://www.masterofmagic2.com/
The orignal was mostly a repaint over the same engine as Masters of Orion. There have been two new versions of Masters of Orion without a MoM remake. The fan site gives me little hope that I will see a new MoM, but that is better than the none I had till now.

Thanks.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Star Control II

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Star Control II

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт