August 1st mini update

A place to talk about... anything!
Poge
Tomcat

August 1st mini update

Post by Poge »

Two items struck me as particularly interesting. Another in a growing line of anti-gilseller initiatives by S-E and hopefully adjusting the buddy npc's so they're not dumber than a sack of hammers.

-Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain duration.

- The behavior of Fellowship NPCs has been adjusted.
- Fellowship NPCs will now disappear after defeating a predetermined number of enemies even if the NPC remains in battle mode.
- Signal pearls will now fail to activate when the number of members and Fellowship NPCs in a party totals six or more.
- An issue wherein the special properties of certain equipment intended to affect a player's wyvern or avatar extended to Fellowship NPCs has been addressed.
- When asking for a new signal pearl, the relationship between a player and a Fellowship NPC will now worsen slightly.
- After certain conditions are met, players will be able to keep their Fellowship NPC around for extended adventuring.
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

Aug. 1, 2005 10:00 [PDT]

FINAL FANTASY XI Update (Aug. 1)

At the following time, we performed a FINAL FANTASY XI version update.

*The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 1, 2005 from 10:00 to 13:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
- An issue in Azimuth's Circle where it was not possible to obtain the Pumimi or Hopipi doll has been addressed.
- The behavior of Fellowship NPCs has been adjusted.
- Fellowship NPCs will now disappear after defeating a predetermined number of enemies even if the NPC remains in battle mode.
- Signal pearls will now fail to activate when the number of members and Fellowship NPCs in a party totals six or more.
- An issue wherein the special properties of certain equipment intended to affect a player's wyvern or avatar extended to Fellowship NPCs has been addressed.
- When asking for a new signal pearl, the relationship between a player and a Fellowship NPC will now worsen slightly.
- After certain conditions are met, players will be able to keep their Fellowship NPC around for extended adventuring.
- An issue where Stona did not cure Level 5 Petrify has been addressed.
- An issue where the birds in Bibiki Bay known as "tragopans" did not drop crystals has been addressed.
- An issue where players would not gain experience for defeating certain notorious monsters has been addressed.
- The message "(Monster name)'s strength is impossible to gauge!" will now be displayed when using the "check" command on pets summoned by notorious monsters.
- The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie /Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg
*This time period will vary for each notorious monster.
- The name of the notorious monster "Macan Gadungan" has been changed to "Kirata."
- The number of "glass sheets" produced by synthesis has been changed.
- The drop percentage for "silica" has been adjusted.
- Certain other monsters will now drop the item "silica."
*Changes in relation to the item "silica" have already been partially implemented. Further changes will be made during today's maintenance.
- It is now possible to mine "silica" in Tahrongi Canyon and the Maze of Shakhrami.
- An issue concerning the ability to earn experience points from a wider range of monsters (implemented in the July 19 version update) not functioning correctly for levels ten and below has been addressed.
- An issue where spells such as "Dispel" and songs such as "Magic Finale" did not affect the white magic spell "Stoneskin" has been addressed.
- An issue where mannequin poses did not function as selected has been addressed.
- A new command "/blockaid" has been added.
"/blockaid" has the following effect:
Magical assistance (such as "Cure" and "Protect"), trades, party invites etc. from non-party/alliance characters will be blocked.
The "/blockaid" effect will be canceled if the player temporarily logs out to the PlayOnline Viewer, logs out, changes areas, or is KO'd.
Command/Subcommands:
/blockaid on
Activate the blockaid effect.
/blockaid off
Cancel the blockaid effect.
/blockaid
Display current blockaid status.
- Players will no longer receive "Trade" offers from characters on their blacklist.
- Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain duration.
- The incomplete synthesis recipe for the "A Moral Manifest?" quest has been corrected.
- Several other minor issues have been addressed.
Full list of the update, most interesting I think are the changes to HNM and the NPC since I use my npc a lot (lvl 37 or 38 now 8) )
Joemamma1016
Kitten

Post by Joemamma1016 »

What lvl you have to be to get NPC?
The name's Joe. I play Shizo the Mithra on Hades...Very nice.. :D:D
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Joemamma1016 wrote:What lvl you have to be to get NPC?
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Joemamma1016 wrote:What lvl you have to be to get NPC?
there is an NM fight which I soloed at 35, but my NPC died so it didn't count, but you can have high level help for that.
there is also a BCNM 40, which I soloed easily at 35, you can have help with that too, but for that your help must have finished the quest already.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Rank 4 some unknown amount of Jeuno fame, low though.

My Mithra SAM 33 soloed both the fights easily. 2 houred for each. Subbed WAR for the attack bonus.

OK, not soloed, Jesimine helpped.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

The /blockaid command looks interesting, i guess people doing the death warp thing won't have me interefering in their predetirmined demise!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do like to help people and when runnign through ronfaure, i like to heal and protect the low levels to give them an extra edge and to help my healing skill.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

Baketsu wrote:The /blockaid command looks interesting, i guess people doing the death warp thing won't have me interefering in their predetirmined demise!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do like to help people and when runnign through ronfaure, i like to heal and protect the low levels to give them an extra edge and to help my healing skill.
The main reaosn I think for this was to prevent people from "mpking" you through curative spells.

Example mages use poison pots on themselves to prevent being slept against a mob that uses a sleep move a lot, another group or person comes and poisona your mages.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Another insidious trick, that I've had done on me in Beadeaux, is to use strong cure spells from a hard to reach location on someone hurt while they're fighting an NM (e.g. someone fighting in the lower area of Beadeaux, and the curer stands on the upper level).

The monster would then run after the person that cast the cure spell (the monster would run up to the upper level, a trick you can't do), and you'd lose the claim because the monster would be out of your range. Then the curer would finish off the wounded NM.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

I dunno... it seems like a really... sort of pointless command to add. I can't think of one situation where I'd ever turn it on... then again, I'm not hiding out in Onzozo or wherever else you people camp NMs. :P They still haven't even addressed the non-animation of /dance. :D

By the way, you don't need to be level 40 to get an NPC Follower. I got mine and I'm level 31. Just find some helpful people to take care of you, and you could probably get it at level 1. (Although, I'm not sure if there are any level or fame requirements to get the quests.)
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Yes but if you were to solo it its best to say 40 is the lvl to solo it at.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Josiejo wrote:I dunno... it seems like a really... sort of pointless command to add. I can't think of one situation where I'd ever turn it on... then again, I'm not hiding out in Onzozo or wherever else you people camp NMs. :P They still haven't even addressed the non-animation of /dance. :D
Then don't use it. +1 used it to stop gilsellers from stealing Simurgh. This is one of the best additions to the game.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
luna_panshiel
Kitten

Post by luna_panshiel »

there is also the synthesis bug. sometimes when you're trying to synth somebody will cast a spell on you(the timing has to be right though) and you lose the crystal and all items you were trying to synth. the same as if a mob attacked you during synthesis

it has happened to me before, was just a yagudo necklace though
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Firemyst wrote:
Josiejo wrote:I dunno... it seems like a really... sort of pointless command to add. I can't think of one situation where I'd ever turn it on... then again, I'm not hiding out in Onzozo or wherever else you people camp NMs. :P They still haven't even addressed the non-animation of /dance. :D
Then don't use it. +1 used it to stop gilsellers from stealing Simurgh. This is one of the best additions to the game.
ARE YOU SERIOUS!? COOOOOL~
Currently I ditched /anon mode and just use blockaid to prevent any unwanted PT invites.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: August 1st mini update

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: August 1st mini update

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт