Ever have something like this happen to you?

A place to talk about... anything!
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Ever have something like this happen to you?

Post by Kahvi »

Ever get in a party where everything was working well... but there was something obviously wrong with it? I was just in one of those parties.

NIN/WAR, WAR/NIN, THF/NIN, RDM/WHM (me), WHM/SMN, BLM/WHM

They tell me to just enfeeble the monsters and refresh the mages. Fine, i can do that. I spam my own debuffs, keep the mages refreshed, pulled out some sword attacks. no biggie...

WHM kept complaining about mana problems... I check the log and she was spamming debuffs as well. I let it slide once. She stopped spamming debuffs long enough in between to make me not think something was up.

Then she complains about mana problems again. Sure enough, she was spamming debuffs once more. I already adjusted what i was casting to not overlap what the NIN/War was doing, to let him keep hate for his debuffs and not waste my mana. Party has a close call, but since i was able to keep some mana in reserve we were okay.

Third time WHM complains about mana shortages, i call her out on it. party member almost died if i didnt have mp in reserve. then the guy that almost died tried to defend her. She almost let him die if i didnt stop debuffing and refreshing to heal his sorry rear. I finally had enough and let them sit in valley of sorrows, and walked home.

They told me what i was to do in the party then just ignored it to do thier own stat ups... freaking ticked me off because we almost had party members die. Two times they did die because i wasnt fast enough on my macro to save them.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

i had something similar but completely different happen to me the other night :D

it was PLD, RNG, MNK, SMN, RDM (moi), and WHM
we had a very good pt setup, chain 5's and everything. all was going absolutely GREAT. the smn was rank 10 w/ a 70+ whm and, in my opinion, was doing a wonderful job. fenrir kept all our stats up, we were almost constantly stoneskinned, and the xp was flowing. this wasn't good enough for the pld (who btw was rank 2 and really not too good at his job. he was lucky to have us...). the pld decided that the smn wasn't using enough mp. he started insisting that the smn leave the summons out to attack, and use their attack skills. he kept bitching about how horrible a smn he was, despite everyone telling him to shut the hell up... well, we all ended up disbanding (the pld was leader..) and it ended the great pt because tanks don't exist when you need em... i feel sorry for the guy a bit.. he was getting probably the best xp he had gotten and couldn't even realize it.. {/sigh}
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Stupid PLD... :x

My rule of thumb...If i am grouped with another mage..My casting Repertoire consist's of, Heals, Regens, party buffs, and stat removals...Debuffs are not in my vocabulary, my theory..A Living tank > Debuffed Mob :roll:
Sugarpie
Big Cat

Post by Sugarpie »

What can i tell ya...this is why teh sug never played Mage's, 2 many other mages to contend with...as where a mnk just hits and SC's...easy for a simple brute like me eh? But i can see why you would be annoyied, i hate people who whine in party, ironic tho because all i ever did was whine on game ^.^

I don't pity the PLD, he is dumb and he should learn the hard way that he knows nothing and probly never will
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Tanvarin/sugar-sig.png[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Yup, leave the debuffing to a job that's really suitable for it,
the only debuff you see me cast is Dia II just to keep the skill up and it doesn't cost much MP.
(and sometimes I like to burst Paralyze on Distortion real sneaky :) )

For the rest I agree with Tivia,
Buff, regen,haste and heals. (including status effects)
about Haste, I tend to share this task with the red mage.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

I've had people bitch about Skillchaining because they didn't want to use said Weapon Skill to make Distortion. So I told them to go f*** themselves. :b
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Batsu wrote:I've had people bitch about Skillchaining because they didn't want to use said Weapon Skill to make Distortion. So I told them to go f*** themselves. :b
I completely Agree.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

This is something that annoys me, Case in point.

I was PL'ing in Crawlers Nest a while back as a level 41 RDM. We were fighting soldier Crawlers in the secret room, anyways, we have a a WAR, PLD, NIN, BLM, RDM(me), and a WHM. I am busy keeping the mob enfeebled and starting to learn the rythym of Refresh and our dumbass BLM decided that my enfeebling skills were not gtood enough so he tries enfeebling using paralyze and slow, (both are light spells) and his WHM is pretty low and his enfeebles are pretty feeble for sticking power. So I end up having to re-enfeeble the mob cause his spells are being resisted. It annoyed the hell outta me because he was a Taru and the WHM was a Galka and the WHM was consistently running outta MP and the Taru BLM was resting with plenty to spare. I asked him if he could help the WHM with some heals, maybe a cure 1 here and there and after the battle to top people off, and he didn't like the idea and said I should do it because I am a Red Mage and Black Mages are for Nuking.

It was then I decided that he didn't need refresh because he always seemed to have plenty of MP after each battle and I spent the extra 40MP doing post battle heals.

Served the little taru sucker right!!!

"When the goddess Altana was creating the Taru, she was running 'short' on material."
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

(I feel a little better now.. Knowing that the same thing that pisses me off pisses everyone else off too. Thanks for the support)

/sigh_of_relief
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Baketsu wrote:I was PL'ing in Crawlers Nest a while back as a level 41 RDM.
Does it count as a PL if you stand a chance of getting level-related aggro yourself? :P

Anyway, I was in a party today that was ok, but there were a few odd things that happened during the party that made it just sort of a "don't say anything and just do your job" kind of experience. But first, I have to mention the opposite case... we had a GREAT pl-er in Valkurm Dunes named Ojin, who wasn't even friends with anyone in our party... just pl-ed us anyway for 2 hours. (And when he left, he gave me 20k for no reason whatsoever. I distributed it among 4 of the remaining party members. ^^ )

Ok, now... during the party, the leader (a WHM17, no sub) was most obviously a noob. He wanted to melee, which is fine with me because I do it when I play WHM. But he wouldn't Cure anyone while he was doing that, even though when asked he said he did/would. So I watched him for 3 fights and saw he just spanked our Gobs with his stupid little wand and nothing else. So I told him to disengage and help Cure, since we had 2 people die.

Well, after that guy left (oh, he disbanded the party instead of switching leader first) and we regrouped, we still had Ojin so we fought Gobs with 4 people. During that time, I was leader so I looked for more members and just invited someone with their flag up. When he declined, I figured it was because I didn't say anything, so I asked him {Experience points} {Party} {Valkurm Dunes}? And he says "I decline random invites because people who do it are usually noobs or idiots." I hate that mentality... I mean, I understand where he's coming from, but I did inform him of the nature of the party after he declined. I told him I'm sorry I didn't take the time to write him a novel about how I wanted to watch him stand there and swing his polearm around, but that his assumptions were way out of line and he could continue seeking for all I cared. I just hate that some people think that because they can auto-translate "Veteran" that they're above other players. >.<

The last stupid thing to happen was after Ojin left, we got another PL who was a ls member of one of the party members. And when he arrived, he wanted us to take in a SMN16/WHM8 who had 3k tnl, which was a bit too far behind the rest of us to keep exp good, but of course I had to cater to the PL and ditch the sixth person I had just invited. This new guy, Creon, died 3 times trying to get from the Secret Beach to our location. The third time we just told him to stay put and we'd come to him. Then when he joined the party, he got disconnected, then came back, then barely helped at all during the rest of the time I was there. Then a group of high-leveled players came in to fight a NM Ghost and everyone but a NIN in my group, including the PL, went to go watch. The NIN and I took out a couple of Snippers and then just gave up. That NM Ghost killed 4 high-leveled people, and stole HP from my stupid party members who got too close to the action. After that last fiasco, I just decided to call it a day and disband. Of course, before that happened, those other 4 people spontaneously decided to say one thing about "g2g" or "see ya!" themselves and disband. So stupid how things can change so quickly in-game. Oh well, at least I'm done leveling DRG for now, which is about the only good thing to come out of those parties, well... except for Ojin and the unexpected gil. ^^
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

^ I meant I was in a regular party, D'oh!
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

the names in my pt were changed to protect the dumbasses

(Noobie 1) Karou, dont worry about using Utesumi: Ichi, we got a pally, just put it up and go after first voke for sata

(Karou) Will do
(Noobie PLD) Dammit kar, use ur shadow castings!
(Karou) You told me to only use it for first voke/sata so I did, make up your mind!

well go figure LOL :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Darkmattre
Big Cat

Post by Darkmattre »

generally, if there's a rdm, i let him handle enfeebles.

My rule of thumb is buffs first(regen/haste), then debuffs.

I rarely find myself curing other party members. Just set Regen2 on them and forget. :)
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/deadlybackwhite-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.darknessfalls.net/upload/upload_files/tiele.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/ninex.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/whmex.jpg[/img]
http://hosted.filefront.com/Darkmattre
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Ever have something like this happen to you?

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Ever have something like this happen to you?

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru