Pixel's kittens

A place to talk about... anything!
Liohs
Tomcat

Pixel's kittens

Post by Liohs »

Welll my cat just had her kittens EARLY and now i got a big problem
im moving on the 25th and i cant take them on the plane and thay cant realy be taken from mom yet :|

SOOO

im asking if any one in the So. CA. area can watch her and the kittens for
me till i fly back for AX in july when the kittens can be put up for adoption
if i cant i may have to have the kittens putdown :cry: :cry:

if you can help stop by the IRC channel and msg me :cry:
"Death happens thats why there are White Mages..."

DRG65/WAR37/RDM34/SAM21/THF21/WHM20/BLU16/BLM14/COR10/MNK3
Rank 6
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

You don't have to put them down, there's gotta be a shelter somewhere in your area that take them. If not a shelter try calling some vets. Just don't take 'em to ASPCA cause they only get 30 days to be adopted. :wink:

Most animal shelters can come and take them from Mommy and care for them for a possible donation, while a vet will also take them but they will charge you for the removal and care of the litter.
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

An email I got back from a local shelter I asked about your situation.
Hi,

This guy certainly is in a bind. Unfortunately, I don't have many contacts on the west coast and as you guys already know, kittens that young will not travel well.

A couple of things he can do: go to a website called www.petfinder.com. This website is a huge search engine for shelters all over the country. All you need to do is put in your state and zip code and it will spit out all kinds of shelters. You have to read the descriptions for the shelters as some of the listings are actually animal controls and high kill shelters, but he should be able to find something there. The other option is to try the Best Friends network. They maintain a huge email list of people that can help in different animal related situations all over the country. I don't remember exactly how you send a message, but goto www.Bestfriends.org and you should be able to find stuff there.

Hope this helps,
xxxxxxxx
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]
Chatulio
Kitten

Post by Chatulio »

I live in Valencia, but I am not sure if my parents would allow it. :( If you can't find a shelter then send me a message and I'll see what I can do. :wink:
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/unifiedchaos][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/unifiedchaos.png[/img][/url]

[b]Unifiedchaos:[/b] Male Elvaan | Rank: 4 Bastoken
29rdm / 11drg / 11war / 6nin / 5drk / 4mnk

[b]Cattibrie:[/b] Mithra | Rank: 2 Windurstrian
19thf / 14mnk / 7war

[b]Regis:[/b] Male Tarutaru | Rank: 1 Windurstrian
13whm / 3blm

[b]Kattibrie:[/b] Mithra | Rank: 1 Windurstrian
7war
FaLl3n AnG3L
Kitten

Post by FaLl3n AnG3L »

I want one. :cry: But I live to far away.. :(
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

I'd want one too, but I'm allergic plus I live way too far...

I wonder....will they ever develop a cure for cat-allergy? It's a cruel, cruel fate that I love cats most of all the animals and can never have one again! :cry:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Yukira wrote:I'd want one too, but I'm allergic plus I live way too far...

I wonder....will they ever develop a cure for cat-allergy? It's a cruel, cruel fate that I love cats most of all the animals and can never have one again! :cry:
There have been several methods of cureing algeries for decades now.

In the 60s they used a desensitazation method which was slow and tiedious, but worked. My mom went through it. I am positive this has either been updated or superseceded by now. Many survive on OTC alergy pills.

The worst alergy is being alergic to formaldahide. So much of our modern chemical technology starts with formaldahide that these people are baisicly alergic to the entire 20th and 21st centuries. Immangine having to live in pre WWII houses from which ALL traces of of paint and glue have been removed before you can start to decorate. Certain insulation or types of wiring will will diaqualify a house from these poor people's acceptable list. Just about every office building or strip mall is out as are most plastics.
Last edited by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) on Wed May 18, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Well, I would be willing to take them, however, living in San Francisco, transportation again might me a problem.

But if I'm the only option, send me a PM
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

i'm allergic to cats but i have 1... just keep your A/C filter clean and that'll keep the crap from circulating throughout the building...
but for all i know i could just be mildly allergic so... ya... just a thought
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

i would like to Liohs, but same here, im living to far away :(
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Note for the Allergic: I believe there is a new series of shots that actually "cure" this. You might check with a clinic if you love cats that much. This is only what I have heard but it may be worth checking out.
:angel:

And I'm sorry to hear about your kittens, if I was stationed there I would take them but unfortuantly I am a 14 hour flight away. :(
RIP Titan MP.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Ephi wrote:i'm allergic to cats but i have 1... just keep your A/C filter clean and that'll keep the crap from circulating throughout the building...
but for all i know i could just be mildly allergic so... ya... just a thought
Good idea. Getting a HEPA quality air filter and vacum cleaner would be even better than keeping the A/C filter clean.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Tsybil wrote:

In the 60s they used a desensitazation method which was slow and tiedious, but worked. My mom went through it. I am positive this has either been updated or superseceded by now. Many survive on OTC alergy pills.

The worst alergy is being alergic to formaldahide. So much of our modern chemical technology starts with formaldahide that these people are baisicly alergic to the entire 20th and 21st centuries. Immangine having to live in pre WWII houses from which ALL traces of of paint and glue have been removed before you can start to decorate. Certain insulation or types of wiring will will diaqualify a house from these poor people's acceptable list. Just about every office building or strip mall is out as are most plastics.
I think I may have this, I tend to sneeze a lot in the building I work in and it smells like a musty old library.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Baketsu wrote:
Tsybil wrote:

I think I may have this, I tend to sneeze a lot in the building I work in and it smells like a musty old library.
If it smells musty it could be mold...
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Prrsha wrote:
Baketsu wrote: I think I may have this, I tend to sneeze a lot in the building I work in and it smells like a musty old library.
If it smells musty it could be mold...
It could also be paper dust if you're sneezing and it smells like a library. Could be the ventilation just isn't working as well as it should or they need to change the filters.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Baketsu wrote:
Tsybil wrote:The worst alergy is being alergic to formaldahide. So much of our modern chemical technology starts with formaldahide that these people are baisicly alergic to the entire 20th and 21st centuries. Immangine having to live in pre WWII houses from which ALL traces of of paint and glue have been removed before you can start to decorate. Certain insulation or types of wiring will will diaqualify a house from these poor people's acceptable list. Just about every office building or strip mall is out as are most plastics.
Read this part again Baketsu. It wouldn't be just one building, but almost all. Some would be worse than others. And fast food restraunts, with stacks of fresh made plastic containers, would be among the worst.

Prrsha is probably corect.

Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Most building I go into don't completely totally reek of the must smell, but the one I work in really does.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Pixel's kittens

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting