Beating up on the Orcs in Ghelshba Outpost.

A place to talk about... anything!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Beating up on the Orcs in Ghelshba Outpost.

Post by Baketsu »

I was doing this last night and found that going to Ghelshba and beating on the Orc there is a good way to make good money with Fire Crystal Drops and to level a charachter from level 7-8 to level 12. I have leveled a couple jobs there already and the Orcs there are afraid of my Dark Knight with his Claymore of Destruction! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anyone else like to go to Ghelshba and pick on the Orcs?
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Yup... level, die, die die.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Kandora
Kitten

Post by Kandora »

That is my favorite place to work on my low level jobs. Besides it is fun to beat on the beastmen, and the Orcs drop the most valuable crystal (of the three main beastmen forces).

Some of the junk armor that is dropped can be sold for decent cash too.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I and 2 irl friends will get 3 characters at lvl 6 and storm ghelsba. We will come back all at level 10 with -several- stacks of Fire Crystals each. Sell, reap cash, start Valkurm... I have personally experinced problesm soloing the latter parts of the Pre-Valkurm levels, and this makes it easier.

Also, Ghelsba is good for soloing up to the mid to low teens depending on how long you want to stay. Nice orcs up by Mr. Vatgit.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

This is why, at least on Alexander, San d'Oria lost Ron one week during conquest. Out of all the "newb" regions Ron brings lots of lower levels for the fire and dark crystals. If only Windy and Bastok had such profitable leveling area.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Since leveling my DRK, WAR, THF, and MNK up to level 10 or greater in Ghelshba I am now able to afford to buy Dispel!!! Now my Redmage will be invited to far more parties!!! Plus I can offload some lower level useless armor!
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

I always level jobs there. If you are very patient you can level to 15 or higher (highest I got was to 15, and one job from 19-20 there). Also, you make a lot of money leveling a job you need to level anyway. The only downside is it takes FOREVER.
PLD67, WAR66, NIN60
Genkai5 [O]
ZM14
PM8-1 (Yay sea! =D)
Currently leveling: Bard
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

I still prefer Saruta to 7ish, then Outer Horutoto Ruins to the north of Ghelsba. Wild Onions, Fire Crystals, and Wind Crystals galore.

Maybe I'm too much of a Windurstian... but I can't level effectively anywhere else.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ghelsba for me, im a sandy kitten go figure....

"Sir Agent Ka-Chan has breeched Fort Ghelsba."
"WHAT STOP HER! *crash explosion, slice and dice*"
"Too late..... You wernt fast Enough for Agent Ka-Chan.....you freak beastmem."
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tamarik
Tomcat

Post by Tamarik »

Pyrexia wrote:I still prefer Saruta to 7ish, then Outer Horutoto Ruins to the north of Ghelsba. Wild Onions, Fire Crystals, and Wind Crystals galore.
SHHHHHH! :shock:
[img]http://www.lionking.org/~tamarik/sigs/ml-tamsig.gif[/img]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tamarik wrote:
Pyrexia wrote:I still prefer Saruta to 7ish, then Outer Horutoto Ruins to the north of Ghelsba. Wild Onions, Fire Crystals, and Wind Crystals galore.
Don't forrget about firrre crystals and light crrrystals from the low level cardians in the rrruins. :D
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Prrsha wrote:
Tamarik wrote:
Don't forrget about firrre crystals and light crrrystals from the low level cardians in the rrruins. :D
You get water crystals from # Of Cups cardians
fire from the # of swords
not sure about the other two... (if they were gonna go for a more tarot theme for them it would have been cups, swords, staves, and pentacles... )
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Kahvi wrote:
Prrsha wrote:
Tamarik wrote: SHHHHHH! :shock:
not sure about the other two... (if they were gonna go for a more tarot theme for them it would have been cups, swords, staves, and pentacles... )
You get light crrrystals from coins. :wink:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Prrsha wrote:
Kahvi wrote:
Prrsha wrote: Don't forrget about firrre crystals and light crrrystals from the low level cardians in the rrruins. :D
You get light crrrystals from coins. :wink:
psssst~ palborough is better~
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Lixue
Kitten

Post by Lixue »

I despise orcs with a fiery fiery passion, so I adore leveling there.

I remember cheering the first time I was able to solo Orcish Stonelaunch. I was so gleeful! That and owning the orcs, it makes me happier and happier to just run through and cause genocide for the orcs.

...I don't mean to hate them, but they make it so hard for me to love them!

that and its oddly appropriate that the shirt I'm wearing right now is the Penny Arcade "AGGRO" shirt.
Katsuki<3

Lixue: Midgardsormr
Leader of MithrasGoneWild
Thanatos02
Kitten

Post by Thanatos02 »

Heh, Ghelshba is why Sandy is able to even have a Smithing Guild is my best guess. It's practically a mine for Fire Crystals. (and Dark Crystals if you beat up on the cave Toadstools.)

It's no dark in Sandy that Ghelshba is where you wanna go if you want to make a quick buck, though. Orcs are everywhere, providing good Fire Crystal drops, the Bronze equipment can be easily de-synthed for Bronze Ingots (which sell for a nice price on where I'm at), and that, combined with Dark Crystals, makes a good Ghelshba run the answer to low coffers.
Fear not: for no-one can obstruct
Our passage: it is decreed so on high.
Await me here. Comfort your weary soul
And feed it with high hopes till I return;
For I will not forsake you here in Hell.
- [i]The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri[/i]
[i] Canto 8 [/i]
Aesha Clan-Clan
Big Cat

Post by Aesha Clan-Clan »

windy has the 2nd best place, Giddeus, while not as lucrative as firecrystals, the bead necklaces are currently selling for 800-1k gil each on Titan, though they take up more space, they can make you quite a bit of money
A catgirl is a woman or girl with cat ears and a cat tail, but an otherwise human body; they are found semi-commonly in anime and manga either as a form of cosplay or actual body parts, as well as in a few videogames. Catgirls wishing to look especially cute will wear over-sized mittens and shoes that look like paws. Fans unfamilar with the Japanese obsession with kawaii sometimes point out catgirls act more like kittens than grown cats, who can be aloof and surly.
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Aesha Clan-Clan wrote:windy has the 2nd best place, Giddeus, while not as lucrative as firecrystals, the bead necklaces are currently selling for 800-1k gil each on Titan, though they take up more space, they can make you quite a bit of money
on Valefor too, though they do go as low as 300 gil they still go up to 1k gil
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Beating up on the Orcs in Ghelshba Outpost.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting