An apology

A place to talk about... anything!
Poge
Tomcat

An apology

Post by Poge »

I'd like to apologize for starting the topic a few days ago about finding a bot to level my summoning skill. I was just having a bad night with 3 failed attempts at Promyvion-Mea and another 2 hours wasted leveling that damn skill just to go up 3.2 points. I was just really pissed off at the game in general and I decided to take the weekend off from playing. Sorry again.
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

Don't worry about it. I know what a pain in the ass summoning skill can be, and it's perfectly understandable that you wanted a bot. I'm sorry about your bad luck though...
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ya its okay, i understand the pain smn skillups can be, heck im still working on my ninjutsu hehe
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I always considered raising Summoning skill to be a lot like homework.

Not as interesting, but better graphics.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Skill-ups are just annoying. I'm still having a blast just trying to cap my Healing and Divine right now for my WHM.

I'm sure Summoning can't be much less annoying than having to Banish the mob and do pitiful damage for too much MP.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

JediKitsune wrote:Skill-ups are just annoying. I'm still having a blast just trying to cap my Healing and Divine right now for my WHM.

I'm sure Summoning can't be much less annoying than having to Banish the mob and do pitiful damage for too much MP.
If you keep it up, you will eventualy do AWESOME damage for not a lot of MPs at all.

Try to cap Divine as a pre Flash PLD sometimes. PLDs are not ALLOWED to cast anything save Cures in EXP parties. Whenever my Elvaan PLD answers a call for help though, the Banishes will fly.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I've been in a pt in the Dunes a few times as Pld where we had a power leveler. Besides an inital provoke to get it off of the puller, I wasn't allowed to voke so the hate would drift onto the PL. That's when I skilled up my Divine magic a bit. ^.^
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

i'm still lvlin Marksmanship... as THF cant simply use the lvl 1 bolts o no...
gotta use the expensive status bolts... average 5k a stack... and my skill will only go up maybe 3 lvls per stack if i find somthin i can shoot that will kill me if not for a good tank... i like soloing... but while doin 3-3 i had a 72 PLD guide me to the ambassadors room (alrdy had delkfutt key) an on the way he'd pwn thunder elementals as i unloaded Sleep Bolts into them... Maksmanship at 85 now but still a ways b4 cap... that was only lvls... and it only goes up if i can hit the target... which ivent had much luck with... i need higher marks for higher chance of hit i think

but ya skill ups a bitch and at least ur MP can be restored w/o paying for it
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

yeah BRD is almost as hard as well and u need 3 different skills to raise
which is wind string and singing
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

one thing i saw in seraph was bards singing lyrically (partyless) and offering cures while accepting donations.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Ephi wrote:i'm still lvlin Marksmanship... as THF cant simply use the lvl 1 bolts o no...
gotta use the expensive status bolts... average 5k a stack... and my skill will only go up maybe 3 lvls per stack if i find somthin i can shoot that will kill me if not for a good tank... i like soloing... but while doin 3-3 i had a 72 PLD guide me to the ambassadors room (alrdy had delkfutt key) an on the way he'd pwn thunder elementals as i unloaded Sleep Bolts into them... Maksmanship at 85 now but still a ways b4 cap... that was only lvls... and it only goes up if i can hit the target... which ivent had much luck with... i need higher marks for higher chance of hit i think

but ya skill ups a bitch and at least ur MP can be restored w/o paying for it
My Hume Thief leveled Marksmanship as WAR early on. One thing about those expensive status bolts, they start at level 10.

I like to level all Ranged weapons on worms*, but at 85, you are well past the worms on Qufim, and I don't know where bigger worms are found in decent numbers. There are bigger Worms in the Eastern Altepha desert, but whenever I am hunting them, they hide. I wonder about the worms in Gusgen Mines, are they bigger than the ones in Qufim?

You can try Mandies in either jungle, have Sleep bolts on hand, or rather in a macro. Keep a pair of the Bone seires +1 Rings in a macro too.

*As an archer RDM, i can say that Silence + archery vs. Worms is just sick and wrong, but a LOT of fun. 200 EXP ITs? Not a prrroblem at all.

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: An apology

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting