Post by Punkerdood »

um...
i like eggs :P
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Rakshasa wrote:That brings up the large debate of "what is art" that I am so sick of hearing. Remember: one person's trash is another person's treasure. Never state your opinion of "that's not art" as a fact. It is largely based on the beholder and it is best to keep an open mind.

I never said there was something wrong with acting, especially since I'm surrounded by it daily and I even roleplay myself. I never will act for various reasons, one of which still being that I find much about it disturbing. That's why I'm a tech and not an actor.

Interesting point about normal clothing such as jersies. I never thought about that being a form of cosplaying, probably since it's so common. So it's all a form of idealization and hero worship. I never liked such product endorsement either. =P
There's enough common sense in the world that some people don't even need to exhibit that they possess it to acknowledge its wisdom. "Art" is one of those words that has lost its meaning over time, where once it encapsulated works produced by rare creative prodigies, now is just a term used to label any half-witted idea that didn't exist in the world before they unleashed it. Most people have an initial gut reaction that is 99.9% accurate. Some will try to ignore it and force themselves to rationalize art as being a fitting label, but usually crap is a better one. What gets me is that some of these people actually make money off of their crap. :shock:

Bleh... anyway, gooooo techies! I think stage lighting is fun, especially if you're lucky enough to work in a theater with a mesh wire grid. :) I'm not too fond of ladders.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Rakshasa wrote: Interesting point about normal clothing such as jersies. I never thought about that being a form of cosplaying, probably since it's so common. So it's all a form of idealization and hero worship. I never liked such product endorsement either. =P
ALL clothing is costume

Not many are aware of this though.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugarpie
Big Cat

Post by Sugarpie »

Prrsha and my daugher on game wants me to go to one of these anime thingy in may er something, i might go if i can get a ride....i would go in costume but i can't make anything other then a mess(mmmm food) but yeah

If i could go as anyone i would go as Inuyasha and sends billions of pics to Prrsha...cause in a sense our relationship is like Inuyasha and Kagome's....as in i am the jealous bad-ass who threatens everyone and she is the person who controls my anger and the person lotta guys like ^.^

Also the roleplaying things...deal with it cause i have to deal with prrsha doing it daily :O its kinda sexy really....mmmm Roleplaying Prrsha *thinks of Prrsha as a mithra in RL* ummm....AFK!!! *runs to Prrsha to huggles her to death*
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Tanvarin/sugar-sig.png[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Notes on guys costumeing as girls.

For the vast majority of theater history, women were not allowed on the stage. Untill the 19th Century ALL girls / women were played by guys. Yes, in the East as well as the West.

Female Impersonation is still considered an artform in Europe, Japan, and China at least. In India, where the sacred creeps into everything, playing a Goddess on the stage is a form of worship as well as theater. During WWII, a Drag troupe in the USO entertained the troops in every theater of the war. While I cannot remember the name of the film in which they are featured, they make an apperance in the film "Before Stonewall." In today's America female impersonation is currently considered a pervision.

I have known several males who could easily get away with wearing Mithra RSE and passing. No hormone treatments involved either. A flat tummy, padding, and body language are the main ingredients needed. Believe it or not, Duct tape helps.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Oh how I missed being here this weekend. . .

(っ・ω・)っ - Wanna fight!?
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Sugarpie wrote:Prrsha and my daugher on game wants me to go to one of these anime thingy in may er something, i might go if i can get a ride....i would go in costume but i can't make anything other then a mess(mmmm food) but yeah

If i could go as anyone i would go as Inuyasha and sends billions of pics to Prrsha...cause in a sense our relationship is like Inuyasha and Kagome's....as in i am the jealous bad-ass who threatens everyone and she is the person who controls my anger and the person lotta guys like ^.^

Also the roleplaying things...deal with it cause i have to deal with prrsha doing it daily :O its kinda sexy really....mmmm Roleplaying Prrsha *thinks of Prrsha as a mithra in RL* ummm....AFK!!! *runs to Prrsha to huggles her to death*
I'd pay to see Sug with cute little wolf ears and white hair. Hehe. :D
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

LOL nice one Prrsha so would i hehe
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugarpie
Big Cat

Post by Sugarpie »

Make me the costume and your dreams will come true ^.^ only cause i like you tho Prrsha....not quiet sure with you Karou....still have a lil beef wit you on the IRC chat thingy....but meh i don't hold grudges
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Tanvarin/sugar-sig.png[/img]
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Aww. . . your ignoring me, I'm gonna go curl up into a fetal position in a corner and cry myself to sleep tonight. . . :cry:
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Josiejo wrote:
Batsu wrote:O~ kay~. . .
I thought you were done? Apparently even those who'd rather live out their lives dressing like everyone else in an attempt to fit in while being obnoxious as an attempt to stand out can't even make up their minds. (Go figure.)

I think I've actually seen pics of Gospel before these, from other random cosplay sites. I don't have any examples... I was just Googling one night at work, but I did recognize it when I saw it. I went to the anime convention in Anaheim, CA in 2004... it was cool to see some of the costumes there, but one thing did disturb me: some guy dressed up as Yuna from FFX-2 (Gun Mage). :shock: Now, I'm not sure what possesses guys to dress up like girls, even for a harmless hobby, but all I'm saying is I couldn't do it. I'm not trying to sound negative about it, just saying you've got more guts than I do. ;)

I'm planning to go back to the Anime convention this year... hopefully as Inuyasha or Miroku. It depends on what my girlfriend wants to dress up as... last year, I didn't dress up at all, and she was Kagome. I'm trying to convince her to go as Sango, but I don't know if she could carry that big boomerrang around. :P
Sango doesn't always wear her battle gear and Boomerang, she also has a kimono sans the boomerang.

/emote sulks cause he watches way too much Inuyasha, so much in fact that it is not good for him.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Hmmm. . . you ever seen Naruto?
[Active]

[Retired]
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Batsu: Unfortunately yes. And even more unfortunately I've seen too much Naruto-fans. :evil:
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Don't be hatin da' game, hate da' playa.
(Don't hate the game, hate the players.)

Word.

Oh and Naruto IS a good Anime, not my favorite but its definately good. I do feel though, that by bringing it to the United States like they plan on doing, will kill it.
[Active]

[Retired]
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Naruto is one of those animes I just roll my eyes at and move on. To me, it feels like the brainchild of leet speakers and forum trolls... people with a gift for annoyance. I wish its immigrational demise well. :twisted: :D
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

How absolutely sincere of you.
[Active]

[Retired]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The kitten cosplayer

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо