Magic burst

Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Magic burst

Post by Leane »

I'm a RDM and I was wondering if I could use {chainspell} to chreate a one mage magic burst? :?:

and if I can what are the wait times that I would need in a macro to do it. :?:
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

i dunno... maybe u should try it out? im no mage so ive really no idea but u should try to figure it out... ive figured out many things on my own*... ie i always carry Vagabond equip cuz my MH is full an when i change jobs the job is alrdy equiped with it... but i set a heal macro that equips all of it and starts the healin process an another macro that reequips my REAL (tho slightly outdated**) armor and ends the healin process... i had no idea how to do that but i guessed at it an it worked... hell i taught the LS leader (not MP LS) how to do it after i figured it out...
but anyway if no1 tells u then experiment...

*many things=maybe 2 or 3 :lol:
**ima 30 THF with Beetle harness and Lizard evrything else :lol:
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

correct me if i'm wrong...but chainspell only makes casting time set to zero right?

and a magic burst requires 2 skill chains (at least) to be done in succession with a certain time gap.

if you mean to be able to cast the magic for the burst after your weaponskill ends to get the burst then i think this would work the trick is to get the magic to land while the animation is going on for the skillchain, so you'd have to play with your timing to get it just right
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Poge
Tomcat

Post by Poge »

The only way I can think of doing this is if you were a rdm/smn or vice versa and you wouldn't need Chainspell. You could do something like this: (guessing on the wait times)

/pet "Burning Strike" <bt>
/wait 8
/ws "Burning Blade" <bt>
/wait 2
/ma "Fire" <bt>

If you want to burst off a skillchain that someone else starts, that's easy. You're probably going to go with the tank because the other 2 melee in a standard party should have their own SC.

I recomend you don't make a tp macro or anything like that, just save it till the tank uses a weapon skill and use yours 3 seconds later. After your weapon skill, spam your spell macro (probably Fire) till it casts and it'll burst if you're not interupted.

It's also more impressive this way because you can surprize the rest of the party and they'll be all, "O.O teh rdm just did 300 damage u roxors."
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

i always burst on chains i am involved in while i'm DRK, and i'm usually second WS. just cast the spell when the second (or last if more then 2) weaponskill lands. chainspell is not necessary at all.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

It's quite possible to magic burst off your own skillchain, even if you're the one finishing it. Chainspell is not required. I've done so many times as a red mage, as a paladin fighting the skeleton in the BCNM 40, and also as a dark knight last Saturday night in Mae's static.

If you're ending the skillchain, you can only use magic with short casting times, though, but if you begin casting as soon as the delay from using your weapon skill wears off, you can certainly make it in time for the burst. :)

Using a macro would probably help... I've never been so bold as to write one. I usually have my magic menu pre-set to the spell I'm going to cast before the skillchain begins so the cursor is in the right place when it's time to cast the spell.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Find a melee partner to practice with. I highly recomend a MNK. Lotsa Skillchains for Sword and H2H.

Two macros if you open and burst:

/p (NameofWeaponskill) in 3
/wait 3
/ws (NameofWeaponskill) <bt>

/ma (MagicBurst) <bt>

When you see your partner's yellow "Soandso prepares (NameofWeaponskill)" hit the burst macro.

You can use the same two if you close, same yellow line timing. Or try a macro on the order of:

/p (NameofWeaponskill) in 2
/wait 2
/ws (NameofWeaponskill) <bt>
/wait x*
/ma (MagicBurst) <bt>

Using wait 2 instead of 3 gives you a bit more slop room.

*no I do not know the value of x, but once you find it, by trial and error, you are locked into the interval and cannot miss.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

not to go off topic but here was mine from the nest on a Soldier Cralwer

Red Lotus Blade >> Tachi Empi >>> Distortion >>> MB Suiton: Ichi

okay so its not exact, but the point being, my ninjutsu MBed 140 points of damage heh.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

*scratches head* I suppose if you were a SAM/mage of some kind you could do it with your 2hr...

2hr
WS
WS
skillchain damage
burst spell
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Magic burst

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting